ADVERTISEMENT

Dline - Daniels Q&A

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
Pretty much said Hutmacher is ready to play. So NU now has Snacks and the Polar Bear at NG. Both are prototypical 3-4 NGs. He also mentioned Ru’Quan Buckley as a guy who could play early. Dline could really be a strength this year.

Nash is just such a Freak in the weight room, if the guy has skills like we hope he does then its going to be really fun watching his next few years! Guys like him allow the rest of the defense to excel at a high level... Just look at what Suh did for NU!

So we are looking at a potential 2 deep of Ty-Snacks-Stille, then Rogers-Nash-Deontre(?)
That's how I read it. If Polar Bear isn't a Nose Tackle I don't know who is.

IMO the most intense competition on the whole team is on the DL, they have around 8 guys worthy of seeing the field for 3 spots. They don't always play a 30 front when they have more DBs on the field but they don't really go DE DT DT DE it's usually more like OLB DE DE OLB if I recall.

Dunno if that would be my approach given how bad the OLB spot has been aside from JoJo, but then you get into the discussion of body types for packages and blah blah blah do you want a 6-3 300 guy trying to chase a QB around on pass rush downs.

So is "Snacks" gonna be able to play more than 10 plays a game yet?
The way they talk about him is almost like it's not a conditioning issue, he's just a guy who gets tired. Some people just aren't wired for endurance. Obviously he's doing the same work everyone else does and he's not THAT fat, he has a gut but you don't see him and go "Whoa he's a heart attack waiting to happen!"

I think dude just tires easily. And let's remember too that it's hellacious work to be 320 pounds and fight two guys who are 300 pounds each every single play. I'd get tired too if I had to shove 600 pounds around all day.

Reactions: HominidHusker
It would be a major strength if we had a strong rotation on the d line and just kept platooning new guys in. Not only is that going to wear down and offense line, but the different ways of attacking will create chaos in their blocking schemes

It would be a major strength if we had a strong rotation on the d line and just kept platooning new guys in. Not only is that going to wear down and offense line, but the different ways of attacking will create chaos in their blocking schemes

It also helps you to reload from year to year instead of rebuild.

Reactions: HominidHusker
The way they talk about him is almost like it's not a conditioning issue, he's just a guy who gets tired. Some people just aren't wired for endurance. Obviously he's doing the same work everyone else does and he's not THAT fat, he has a gut but you don't see him and go "Whoa he's a heart attack waiting to happen!"

I think dude just tires easily. And let's remember too that it's hellacious work to be 320 pounds and fight two guys who are 300 pounds each every single play. I'd get tired too if I had to shove 600 pounds around all day.
I would say that Snacks is about 100 half pound cheeseburgers north of 320. No way he only weighed 320 last year. That's fine. As the season went on, he played more and more snaps on consecutive plays. Run stuffing noses in the NFL usually aren't 3 down guys either.

watch alabama and clemson, they've been doing it for years

I thought Daniels really started to come into his own late last season. I think he's going to continue that.
He was good all year. He didn't come into his own. The coaching staff finally figured out to play him more than spot minutes.

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering... now I can move forward with my life without worrying about where you stand.
It’s literally like this every single year and every year it’s the same result. I’m not saying don’t get excited if you want to be.

It’s literally like this every single year and every year it’s the same result. I’m not saying don’t get excited if you want to be.
No, it’s all good, I hear ya... it was just good to know where you stood specifically. I was on pins and needles before you made your position clear. I slept better the last few days than I have in months not having to worry about your position. Thanks!

No, it’s all good, I hear ya... it was just good to know where you stood specifically. I was on pins and needles before you made your position clear. I slept better the last few days than I have in months not having to worry about your position. Thanks!
FilthyTotalAlligator-small.gif

Guess I touched a nerve.
Not at all, just kidding around. I always find it funny when people come on here and counter any koolaid drinkers with where they stand. Sarcasm is about the only thing I’m good at.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT