ADVERTISEMENT

Dismuke.

In the current climate of our culture, I have greater admiration for guys like Dismuke than ever. He has put in the time, taken his lumps and saw it through to the end. He emerges stronger and better for the process, a lot of which is oftentimes unfair and even mean. Really hope to see him cash checks at the next level.

He's become a team leader it seems. For all the flops many of the Calibraska kids became, I like what Dismuke has been and will do for this team this fall. Nice to have him on board on the back end of our D. Some more California guys with his talent and drive would be welcomed.
Ha, who knows. California recruiting might be enhanced again IF those wild rumors about the B1G merging with the PAC ever come true.

Isn’t he the one who is constantly being animated, clapping, and taunting after making tackles 10+ yards downfield? That’s not the kind of leadership a program trying to find it’s way needs, IMO.

Reactions: SiouxCityHawkFan
Isn’t he the one who is constantly being animated, clapping, and taunting after making tackles 10+ yards downfield? That’s not the kind of leadership a program trying to find it’s way needs, IMO.
We only have 1 guy like that? (News flash: every team has multiple of this kind of player.)

Reactions: dinglefritz
We only have 1 guy like that? (News flash: every team has multiple of this kind of player.)
No, not the only one but the one who constantly does it. I also disagree that every team has guys that celebrate making a tackle well after the opposition makes a first down and 10+ yard gain.

No, not the only one but the one who constantly does it. I also disagree that every team has guys that celebrate making a tackle well after the opposition makes a first down and 10+ yard gain.
You have never coached (I am guessing) or played. That is not a knock, it is just what it seems like.

No joke but one of the biggest things that is stressed by coaches is body language and attitude. You should see HS film and how college coaches critique it when a kid IS NOT positive.

Most teams are made up of guys that are excited and happy and energetic.

Pointing, head down, shoulders slumped and going slow after a play = kiss of death. You won't get recruited and/or you won't play.

Every coach in the country will tell you it is much easier to get a kid to tone it done as opposed to getting a kid to amp it up and lose bad body language. That shit is a team cancer.

Also, if you want to know what most DB's are saying after a catch...it is this..."Nice catch baby, that will be the last one" and/or "Nice catch 82, don't expect anymore". If that is what you consider taunting, well, you are pretty soft.

I have coached like 10 guys that went on to D1. College coaches never brought up the stuff you seem to think is a detriment, but they always bring up bad body language, always.

Last edited:
I hope, finally this year, he is as advertised.

Career Stats​

See All
Stats

TOTSOLOASTSACKFFFRYDSINTYDSAVGTDLNGPDSTFSTFYDSKB

You must watch a LOT of Nebraska football? Obsessed much?

He had a funny tweet responding to someone saying “I’m not from Calabasas, I’m from Compton”

I like he way he plays. It’s definitely not The Iowa Way, although we all know why he wouldn’t fit in well in Iowa City….

He had a funny tweet responding to someone saying “I’m not from Calabasas, I’m from Compton”

I like he way he plays. It’s definitely not The Iowa Way, although we all know why he wouldn’t fit in well in Iowa City….

They don’t like his kind around those parts.

You have never coached (I am guessing) or played. That is not a knock, it is just what it seems like.

No joke but one of the biggest things that is stressed by coaches is body language and attitude. You should see HS film and how college coaches critique it when a kid IS NOT positive.

Most teams are made up of guys that are excited and happy and energetic.

Pointing, head down, shoulders slumped and going slow after a play = kiss of death. You won't get recruited and/or you won't play.

Every coach in the country will tell you it is much easier to get a kid to tone it done as opposed to getting a kid to amp it up and lose bad body language. That shit is a team cancer.

Also, if you want to know what most DB's are saying after a catch...it is this..."Nice catch baby, that will be the last one" and/or "Nice catch 82, don't expect anymore". If that is what you consider taunting, well, you are pretty soft.

I have coached like 10 guys that went on to D1. College coaches never brought up the stuff you seem to think is a detriment, but they always bring up bad body language, always.
I get everything you’re saying but there is a line between showing a lot of emotion and taunting when the other team had a very successful play. I’m all for showing emotion but you don’t want a “team leader” having the mindset that it’s something to celebrate when the other team has success.

Ahhh how many Ioway Basketball games did you watch with Garza playing in them ?🤔
Thanks for proving my point, even though I think you missed it. I can guarantee that Luka never celebrated or clapped or taunted when the other team dunked on him or when he got a shot blocked. He celebrated emotionally when he scored or Iowa won and knew when to keep his emotions in check. That’s a far cry from what I see from Dismuke.

Thanks for proving my point, even though I think you missed it. I can guarantee that Luka never celebrated or clapped or taunted when the other team dunked on him or when he got a shot blocked. He celebrated emotionally when he scored or Iowa won and knew when to keep his emotions in check. That’s a far cry from what I see from Dismuke.
It is a stupid argument though. Receivers get up after catching a 4 yard pass for a first down on their own 31 and celebrate like they scored a TD, then the drive ends on the next series. Who cares?

Defenders celebrate shoulder tackles and big hits after giving up a first down, receivers celebrate routine catches.

If you are stuck in the days of "act like you've been there before" you aren't going to enjoy much football in the coming years.

He didn’t clap he shouted out his achievement baskets..
” Like you can’t stop me”

especially in those early games when Ioway was playing cup cake games…he was very emotional in close games when scoring down low in plenty of games…

You never seen Weiscamp or Fredrick ever get emotional when draining shots..Garza let it be known ….

He didn’t clap he shouted out his achievement baskets..
” Like you can’t stop me”

especially in those early games when Ioway was playing cup cake games…he was very emotional in close games when scoring down low in plenty of games…

You never seen Weiscamp or Fredrick ever get emotional when draining shots..Garza let it be known ….
Correct. Making a tackle 10-15 yards downfield isn’t something to celebrate. At least not as much as Dismuke has done in the past.

• Haha
Reactions: Bigredbjj
It is a stupid argument though. Receivers get up after catching a 4 yard pass for a first down on their own 31 and celebrate like they scored a TD, then the drive ends on the next series. Who cares?

Defenders celebrate shoulder tackles and big hits after giving up a first down, receivers celebrate routine catches.

If you are stuck in the days of "act like you've been there before" you aren't going to enjoy much football in the coming years.
We are talking apples and oranges I believe. Getting a first down is indeed something to celebrate (not like a TD but it should be celebrated). The problem is that Dismuke is demonstrative when the other team has good success. That’s not what leaders do.

The example that is at the top of my head is against Iowa two years ago. Goodson put an open field move on him and scored a long TD. Might have been the next series, Goodson ran for 15 yard gain and Dismuke got a good hit on the side line. Clapping and flexing like he stuffed Goodson in the backfield isn’t what leaders of top defenses do.

IMO, if Nebraska is wanting to change its culture on defense; that’s where you start.

I get everything you’re saying but there is a line between showing a lot of emotion and taunting when the other team had a very successful play. I’m all for showing emotion but you don’t want a “team leader” having the mindset that it’s something to celebrate when the other team has success.
If there was not a flag thrown, it was not taunting. That is why they have rules in place about taunting.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Garza was great but a huge ass baby and bitched non stop on the court.

That entire Iowa team did that because Fran does it all game long.

Garza was great but a huge ass baby and bitched non stop on the court.

That entire Iowa team did that because Fran does it all game long.
Not sure why this is devolving into an Iowa basketball thread but I’ll disagree about Garza whining and being a baby. Connor, however, is a chip off the old block and it’s annoying.

Not sure why this is devolving into an Iowa basketball thread but I’ll disagree about Garza whining and being a baby. Connor, however, is a chip off the old block and it’s annoying.
Sweet, sounds like an awesome topic on the Iowa site.

Reactions: wkato
You ummmm, are an iowa fan with an Iowa hawks name...

That sort of makes it automatic.
No, it doesn’t. I see plenty of guys with Huskers in their screen name talking about other teams, why can’t I? It’s all in good fun and feeding the college football fan in me.

No, it doesn’t. I see plenty of guys with Huskers in their screen name talking about other teams, why can’t I? It’s all in good fun and feeding the college football fan in me.
Talk all you want, I just gave you a suggestion for a topic on your site.

is this discussion happening on the other teams' boards?

if so, share names so we can haze them for being uber lame like you.
No kidding.

The only time I go to other teams sites and post is to ask questions about tailgating if it is the road game we are attending. Even then, I feel like a dork.

Now now. We all know Kirk only allows robots on the field in Iowa City.
Incorrect. Heck, an Iowa WR did a front flip into the end zone against Wisconsin. He immediately regretted it though.

All I’m saying is that from a team who has solid defenses for two decades, you aren’t going to see guys celebrating and taunting after making a tackle 15 yards down field. Wisconsin, NW, etc also come to mind so I’m not trying to be a homer. If you’re wanting a culture change from what you’ve seen the past 7 years, it starts with that stuff.

Incorrect. Heck, an Iowa WR did a front flip into the end zone against Wisconsin. He immediately regretted it though.

All I’m saying is that from a team who has solid defenses for two decades, you aren’t going to see guys celebrating and taunting after making a tackle 15 yards down field. Wisconsin, NW, etc also come to mind so I’m not trying to be a homer. If you’re wanting a culture change from what you’ve seen the past 7 years, it starts with that stuff.
I would like to change this board's culture to one that doesn't attract so many iowa maggots

got any tips?

I get what you are saying, but there are plenty of programs that hoot and holler on D that have pretty god defenses. It's easy to take shots at NU because we are down, but you also add in the Iowa factor and you guys are going to see what you want to see. If Nebraska wins games and has a really good D, there narrative will shift, but you guys are still going to bitch about the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT