ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed but Pragmatic

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
I had to turn off the game when it was 17-0 and NU was dominating. Really stunned by the final score, but then again, I'm not. Mike Riley left a pitifully untalented team. The OL has not one senior. In the Pipeline years the OL was dominated by 4th and 5th year seniors. That lack of talent and maturity in the line makes it hard to have a strong running game. As long as Frost gets recruits and develops the talent, we will have no problem. Year 2 will still be a bowl year, but talent-wise we are a middling team. Years 3 and 4 will show where the program is really going.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I had to turn off the game when it was 17-0 and NU was dominating. Really stunned by the final score, but then again, I'm not. Mike Riley left a pitifully untalented team. The OL has not one senior. In the Pipeline years the OL was dominated by 4th and 5th year seniors. That lack of talent and maturity in the line makes it hard to have a strong running game. As long as Frost gets recruits and develops the talent, we will have no problem. Year 2 will still be a bowl year, but talent-wise we are a middling team. Years 3 and 4 will show where the program is really going.
I agree with what you said about Riley. But the same things applies to Pelini. He also left a pitifully untalented team.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I agree with what you said about Riley. But the same things applies to Pelini. He also left a pitifully untalented team.

I seriously believe that up to this point we would have had just as many wins last year and 2 games in this year had Riley stayed.

You could have have pulled almost any division 1 assistant coach out of a hat and they could have won 4 games last year and be 1-1 this year.

To date, there is little to point to that suggests this staff is in any way an upgrade to Riley or Pelini.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT