ADVERTISEMENT

Different team

The thing that stuck out to me was the body language and how they reacted to adversity.

The especially the first couple years of Frost's tenure, those teams seemed resigned to losing late in games, even if we were tied or even sometimes ahead but the other team was driving. It wasn't AS bad the last couple years, but it still seemed like the team expected to lose close games and it kind of became a self fulfilling prophecy.

This team didn't quit, and kept the energy going even after turnovers, bad plays, etc.. They aren't world beaters by any stretch, but the seem to be playing like they care more.

I do think simplifying the defense made a big difference too. Still not a championship caliber D, but they were actually making plays and didn't seem to have the same kind of paralysis by analysis like we've had. Plus, tackling looked a ton better.

no.

the schedule just got much easier (B1G teams now)

I told everyone we would magically look competitive once we started playing our conference peers

they suck as bad or worse
No way Northwestern, Georgia Southern or North Dakota are better than Indiana. We got Chinandered in 3 games this fall. I get your point and agree that we have enough talent to beat anybody in the west

no.

I told everyone we would magically look competitive once we started playing our conference peers

Gotta disagree. You play the games on your schedule, and this is exactly the kind of matchup that Frost lost time and again. Your position seems to be that we can't enjoy any win no matter what we do. That's... not good. I'm going to enjoy it.

Credit where credit is due!

I can’t lay off the O-line. They are downright terrible and always have been. Too many holds, penalties, and missed assignments. We will have to find ways to win despite their shortcomings.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Gotta disagree. You play the games on your schedule, and this is exactly the kind of matchup that Frost lost time and again. Your position seems to be that we can't enjoy any win no matter what we do. That's... not good. I'm going to enjoy it.
no way

it's long overdue!

Reactions: mgbreis
I can’t lay off the O-line. They are downright terrible and always have been. Too many holds, penalties, and missed assignments. We will have to find ways to win despite their shortcomings.
Actually thought they played better without Corcoran. Turner has the best talent but if they gel better with Banks, not needing to have the 90s Cowboys olines. just need someone to do their job.

no.

When did you become a bitch? Go lick a dick. The team looked better than they ever did with Frost. NU hasn't beat a big10 team in over a year. Mickey changed the mentality on this team. Normally I would say who cares it's Indiana. But Indiana has been better than NU the past 5 years with crappy players. We finally beat a team we should beat!

When did you become a bitch? Go lick a dick. The team looked better than they ever did with Frost. NU hasn't beat a big10 team in over a year. Mickey changed the mentality on this team. Normally I would say who cares it's Indiana. But Indiana has been better than NU the past 5 years with crappy players. We finally beat a team we should beat!
Love how your post included actual swear words. Extremely funny. Some people take the easy way out with emoji's and number pad characters, but you skipped that. When I read the actual word "bitch," I nearly lost a drink through my nose. Thank you for the laughs.

Great job Mickey and Bill Busch.

Great job to the team. I just watched the highlights and the team played hard.

I’m happy with any win over a BIG team. Certainly didn’t expect it. There’s still a long way to go, but we all need to be happy about getting a win.

GBR

This is what stood out to me also. I really want a coach with the right kind of energy.
Our boys needed this so they could feel how football could be fun again (Reimer mention).

While Aranda is still one of my top picks (realistic or not), I am a little concerned about his style being more calm and pensive. Not saying it can’t work, but I generally prefer coaches who have some giddyup in their step.

Only problem I have is Benhart isn't getting benched. Let someone else succeed or fail
I thought Benhart played one of his best games yesterday. Aside from the safety/TD where he and Grant didn’t communicate and they both whiffed and Chubba went down.

Agree he has played poorly he last couple years and has needed benched but yesterday was one of his better games IMO.

Reactions: WHCSC
I thought Benhart played one of his best games yesterday. Aside from the safety/TD where he and Grant didn’t communicate and they both whiffed and Chubba went down.

Agree he has played poorly he last couple years and has needed benched but yesterday was one of his better games IMO.
I must be blind then. He wax always standing and watching. Is he physically able to bend at the waist?

no.

Weird how we haven’t beaten them in a year.

I don't let my giddy feelings impact my ability to reason

what I said is true

doesn't take away from the iu win in the least, just like it won't take away from our next 3 straight Ws

we are finally playing our peers & it's exceedingly obvious. Mickey wins the NW game, too.

Reactions: bshirt73
This is what stood out to me also. I really want a coach with the right kind of energy.
Our boys needed this so they could feel how football could be fun again (Reimer mention).

While Aranda is still one of my top picks (realistic or not), I am a little concerned about his style being more calm and pensive. Not saying it can’t work, but I generally prefer coaches who have some giddyup in their step.
Tom left the giddy up to Charlie and his other assistants for the most part.

Reactions: king_kong_
I’m happy for the players. And I’m happy for Mickey and the staff. We still have a long way to go.

The defense gave up only 14 total and allowed nothing in the 2nd half. The energy was much better on that side of the ball.

I can handle the penalties as well. As least, aggressive play was happening. Rather have em make those mistakes and commit the penalties than have them play touch football and not go stick someone.

That said, Benhart should still never be on the field. I’m hoping they are gonna use Smothers some way in the run game. Running constantly from the shotgun is highly annoying.

We will get destroyed by Michigan, Illinois and prolly Iowa if we continue to run slow developing run plays from the gun.

There are still times when Whip likes 7 on 7 to much. For instance, we get a turnover on their 35 and he calls a rainmaker that gets picked off. Excuse me Whip, we’re on their 35. Just pound the rock and control the clock. Instead, Whip didn’t want the ball. He wanted them to have it back.

The energy from the staff was really good, especially Mick and Bill. Good to see that. If we could’ve mixed in a little Bo Pelini rope-a-dope on the officials a few times, it would have been electrifying!!! Corcoran tried and connected on an IU D-Lineman. Proud of him.

A win is a win. As I said, I’m happy for the players and coaches. We needed it. Obviously, IU had their 2 best wide receivers out. That matters a lot also but we certainly don’t care right now. Now, the boys have to go to Rutgers and win a game. Otherwise, it all just smoke and mirrors.

We’re the same team tho. Gotta back it up and keep going. Go Big Red!

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT