ADVERTISEMENT

Different Perspective

jzdoc

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 12, 2005
USC fan here. Follow the Huskers. I think this was a brilliant move by Frost, Moos and company. They knew the rules of the Big10 shortened season, they have been screwed by the Big10 for years. This was to set the precedent. They knew by trying to get the out of conference game this weekend and it being voted down, the Big 10 now has no choice but to not let anyone try to get an extra game in this season. So if and when OSU, PSU or Wisky have a game canceled and they need one more for playoff consideration they won't get it. Frost and Moos playing chess, the rest of the Big10 playing checkers. Good luck Huskers the rest of the way. I wish we had a head coach like Frosty, he's going to be special in the next few years!

USC fan here. Follow the Huskers. I think this was a brilliant move by Frost, Moos and company. They knew the rules of the Big10 shortened season, they have been screwed by the Big10 for years. This was to set the precedent. They knew by trying to get the out of conference game this weekend and it being voted down, the Big 10 now has no choice but to not let anyone try to get an extra game in this season. So if and when OSU, PSU or Wisky have a game canceled and they need one more for playoff consideration they won't get it. Frost and Moos playing chess, the rest of the Big10 playing checkers. Good luck Huskers the rest of the way. I wish we had a head coach like Frosty, he's going to be special in the next few years!
They will not allow a red orange (BIG covid protocol color codes) team cancel on OSU.

The issue is the short-sighted manner in which the B1G conducts business. While I like your thought OP, I disagree. I think Frost and Co are operating with a singular motivation - What is in the best interest of the program and the young men involved... The reality is a CFP appearance would greatly benefit the conference as a whole including NU. By setting this precedent the B1G, may have painted themselves into a corner which will hurt the conference in the long run.

Nebraska QAnon 6D Chess

Love the original thought in the OP but I doubt that was the motive. Would love to be wrong

Reactions: BleedRed78
Different motive perhaps, but the outcome is the same, which is good.

KW and the rest of the BIG hierarchy have already proven they are willing and excited to change the rules in the middle of the game. You can bet if OSU, PSU, MU, and Wisconsux need an additional game, anything and everything will be allowed to let them do what they want, and then make it look like the BIG is a hero in the process.

ADVERTISEMENT