ADVERTISEMENT

Difference in the game

You could do this with a ton of still pictures of both teams .. it works both ways .. stop whining and let's move on to Purdue. This is sad ....
You couldn’t do it if for the holds called on Iowa, because there were zero. Feel free to start a another thread on the Purdue game. But this issue is real and I’m not sure what we can do about it. Our opponents have not been called for a single hold all season and we are getting called for game changing ones. At some point the B1G needs to stop teaching the new guy a lesson and have some integrity.

Last edited:
You couldn’t do it if for the hold called on Iowa, because there were zero. Feel free to start a another thread on the Purdue game. But this issue is real and I’m not sure what we can do about it. Our opponents she not been called for a single hold all season and we are getting called for game changing ones. At some point the B1G needs to stop teaching the new guy a lesson and have some integrity.

I'm not arguing that there weren't some tough calls - I agree with you there. I just think there is a lot of holding that goes on on both sides. You are probably right, we aren't getting the benefit of the doubt in many cases.

You couldn’t do it if for the holds called on Iowa, because there were zero. Feel free to start a another thread on the Purdue game. But this issue is real and I’m not sure what we can do about it. Our opponents she not been called for a single hold all season and we are getting called for game changing ones. At some point the B1G needs to stop teaching the new guy a lesson and have some integrity.
I think this BS will eventually come to a head and someone would need to take this before the NCAA even though most times they are dogshit as they CAN do something about it, but would they? It would be kinda funny if the NCAA fired all of the B1G officials and watching the B1G herarchy try and get retaliation only to have the NCAA come down on them like a sledgehammer. The better DONU gets, the worse the BS could get as imo the conference will do everything in it's power to keep DONU at the bottom as it would threaten their upper tier darlings.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Not the clapping
Still obsessed I see. I suggest brushing up on the rules of football so you didn’t post idiotic things like this that just make you look stupid and seek counseling for your inferiority complex.

Still obsessed I see. I suggest brushing up on the rules of football so you didn’t post idiotic things like this that just make you look stupid and seek counseling for your inferiority complex.
You’ve lost your marbles. Been going to games since a victory over Wake Forest in 1970.

such a little snow flake you can’t even decipher obvious jokes....and frosty bring that up was indeed a joke

You’ve lost your marbles. Been going to games since a victory over Wake Forest in 1970.

such a little snow flake you can’t even decipher obvious jokes....and frosty bring that up was indeed a joke
It’s his job to bring it up. It’s a Bush league tactic that is against the rules.

Well, this is my FIRST post ever on another board. I thought I would check it out since there are so many posts on our board from Big Red fans and a handful of idiot Hawk fans that enjoy knocking on the Huskers constantly. It's tiresome.

I lived in Lincoln from 85-96 during the HAY DAYS of Nebraska football, Downtown on O Street and the Haymarket before and after the games was a raging experience. Absolute BLAST.

Don't hold all Hawk fans to the same standard as some of these haters. From what I'm seeing BOTH boards have their fare share.

Living the life first hand and having a lot of friends and industry clients in Omaha/Lincoln I know your passion so I feel for you. The only time I cheer against Nebraska is when the play Iowa, but I'm in the minority,.

Let's get this Covid sh*t behind us because I want a full Memorial Stadium when we roll into town next year,

Better times ahead.

Well, this is my FIRST post ever on another board. I thought I would check it out since there are so many posts on our board from Big Red fans and a handful of idiot Hawk fans that enjoy knocking on the Huskers constantly. It's tiresome.

I lived in Lincoln from 85-96 during the HAY DAYS of Nebraska football, Downtown on O Street and the Haymarket before and after the games was a raging experience. Absolute BLAST.

Don't hold all Hawk fans to the same standard as some of these haters. From what I'm seeing BOTH boards have their fare share.

Living the life first hand and having a lot of friends and industry clients in Omaha/Lincoln I know your passion so I feel for you. The only time I cheer against Nebraska is when the play Iowa, but I'm in the minority,.

Let's get this Covid sh*t behind us because I want a full Memorial Stadium when we roll into town next year,

Better times ahead.
Good post, thanks for stopping by.

Reactions: scarletred
Iowa's first game this year they had 10 penalties for 100 yards and Purdue had 3. It happens
And Iowa is now suddenly a well disciplined team, no longer called for obvious holds, when they play Nebraska.. And this isn’t a single game and and isn’t 5 to 2 or 10 to 3, it’s 10 to 0. You say it happens, but obviously it doesn’t happen for someone...

What were the penalties

Per the box score of the game, Iowa's 10 penalties in the game were

False Start (4)
12 men on the field (1)
Unsportsmanlike Conduct (1)
Pass Interference (1)
Personal Foul (1)
Holding (1)
Face Mask (1)

Reactions: huskerfan66
Per the box score of the game, Iowa's 10 penalties in the game were

False Start (4)
12 men on the field (1)
Unsportsmanlike Conduct (1)
Pass Interference (1)
Personal Foul (1)
Holding (1)
Face Mask (1)
Heaven forbid......a holding call

Reactions: headcard
1) Phantom hold that took sure points off the board.

2) CTB muffed punt.

Both were far too predictable.

On the CTB muff was he the best option? Here is a case where it is late in the game and the Huskers should be getting good field position. What are the percentages of having a big run back? Wouldn't the Huskers be better off having a skilled receiver catching the punt? Someone with good decision making and great hands? Is CTB that player? I don't know as I am not a coach, but the coaches must think so. (I think one common thread during this era of the Huskers losing has been the inability of the coaches to adapt and be flexible, before and during games. There must be a lot of crumbled walls in Lincoln as these coaches sure like to pound their collective head against them).

On the CTB muff was he the best option? Here is a case where it is late in the game and the Huskers should be getting good field position. What are the percentages of having a big run back? Wouldn't the Huskers be better off having a skilled receiver catching the punt? Someone with good decision making and great hands? Is CTB that player? I don't know as I am not a coach, but the coaches must think so. (I think one common thread during this era of the Huskers losing has been the inability of the coaches to adapt and be flexible, before and during games. There must be a lot of crumbled walls in Lincoln as these coaches sure like to pound their collective head against them).

CTB is one of our best overall football players and he's got every opportunity to field the punt as does a "skilled receiver". It's football and the guy muffed it. I've seen plenty of "skilled receivers" muff punt. Sucks for the kid, but won't be the last time this happens to a team.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT