ADVERTISEMENT

Difference in the game

You don’t remember the weak clip call in the first half? He was engaged and went low. I don’t believe that’s a clip. Nebraska WRs get away with tons of holding on the edge as well. College football is built on holding. Every single play.
That "weak" clip call was the kind of clip that ends an O lineman's career. Get the hell out of here.

We were down three correct and that put us in the red zone, cottect? We were in potion to at least tie up the game . I know you aren’t very bright, but you can grasp that. I know you have a hard on for Nebraska, but even you can admit the impact that “questionable” call had on the game.
Don't feed the Minnesota resident troll. The guy has no life.

Reactions: tpmcg and headcard
There is another thread about just this. He clearly has Psychological issues from a deep sense of inferiority and loneliness. He has developed an irrational hatred of anything associated with another college football team to the point that Nebraska football has come to represent everything wrong with his sad life . We just think of it as a team and us as fans. But people like this guy are so deeply deranged that they see the Nebraska football program as everything wrong with their lives. Nebraska football represents the girl that won’t date him, the boss that won’t promote him, the cool kids that won’t give him the time of day.

It’s the same sort of mind set that allows one to blame others for all their problems and short comings and to blindly follow racists.
Headcard - you are a whiny baby. Look at you on this free board! Get a life, you spend all day on here. You start a whole thread about Iowa fans and wonder why they troll you constantly- look at the last sentence you typed. That's why lol and you're going to keep getting it. So just enjoy it! Coach frost is a fraud fyi #Tommiewasright!

Headcard - you are a whiny baby. Look at you on this free board! Get a life, you spend all day on here. You start a whole thread about Iowa fans and wonder why they troll you constantly- look at the last sentence you typed. That's why lol and you're going to keep getting it. So just enjoy it! Coach frost is a fraud fyi #Tommiewasright!
Sorry about your loneliness and tough life. It will be OK.

Look at all the terrible racism. It's palpable.

The only loser is you. And I mean you personally, not your team; they put up a good fight.

At 2:00 AM, two days later you post this. Please seek counseling for your deep seeded mental issues. I am sorry about your sad life and extreme loneliness, but this isn’t the help you need

Reactions: dinglefritz
If you're Smothers, you got to be licking your chops at taking over next year. Assuming he can throw the ball, because we don't have anyone else that can. Throw it accurately first and then scramble a little bit if you have to pick up a first down. We've got this entirely backwards
I'm as hopeful as anyone that Smothers is the real thing, but I find it hard to believe that he's suddenly going to leapfrog Martinez and McCaffrey and be the 2021 starter. If Smothers was really that close to taking over, why wouldn't he be playing? It's a do-over year that doesn't count against anyone's eligibility.

I'm as hopeful as anyone that Smothers is the real thing, but I find it hard to believe that he's suddenly going to leapfrog Martinez and McCaffrey and be the 2021 starter. If Smothers was really that close to taking over, why wouldn't he be playing? It's a do-over year that doesn't count against anyone's eligibility.

The only thing I can think of is Frost wants to win so bad to avoid a losing season and the fact he doesn’t want to send a message to 2AM and Luke...

He should at least be getting him in some games with what games we have left just to see how he reacts in game situations..

Nobody is going to leap frog Martinez. I think that Iowa game showed why he's playing over Luke. Martinez haters better medicate for at least one more year. Personally I think he'll IF he gets a whole spring and summer 7 on 7s with his WRs this coming summer, that he'll have a big senior year and put his name back on some draft boards. Just my delusional hopeful opinion..

I think sitting and watching somebody else play, did him a lot of good. For one thing, it took a tremendous amount of pressure off of him. Fans finally got to see the backup so now they're calling for the 3rd stringer.

Reactions: HuskerDubby
Poor punting hurt too. But that hold was such horseshit. No way that is called on Iowa if the roles are reversed.
The real issue with the hold was it wasn't necessary. We kill ourselves every game , at this point it's unbelievable that

You guys realize that we have a stupid play call or a bone headed penalty away from winning several games every year . If we could somehow get the team to understand that is a huge difference maker than maybe we start winning and build on it. To me it doesn't seem to sink in that this is a tough conference that you must play smart number one and protect the ball number two. All the offensive wizardry in Frosts head doesn't add up to much at this point. This off season we must develop the offensive line and find a run game. On defense Chin needs to be replaced and I scrap that 3 /4 defense till you find the players to execute it. And for god sakes work harder on special teams development. We can do these things , it just needs to be emphasized.

Holding penalties and iowa very rarely appear in the same sentence
Here is another, every bit as big as the hold that took away AM’a run and actually had an impact on the play. I would love to hear the B1G justification for why one is called and these aren’t. Probably just shut up and deal with it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Nobody is going to leap frog Martinez. I think that Iowa game showed why he's playing over Luke. Martinez haters better medicate for at least one more year. Personally I think he'll IF he gets a whole spring and summer 7 on 7s with his WRs this coming summer, that he'll have a big senior year and put his name back on some draft boards. Just my delusional hopeful opinion..

I think sitting and watching somebody else play, did him a lot of good. For one thing, it took a tremendous amount of pressure off of him. Fans finally got to see the backup so now they're calling for the 3rd stringer.
You mean, he will have a big Junior year....

I can’t identify why we get the majority of the holding calls and other teams in the conference never have any called in our games there may be some but very very damn few the past 5 years..

Reactions: headcard
1) Phantom hold that took sure points off the board.

2) CTB muffed punt.

Both were far too predictable.
As soon as they kicked it I spoke the words out loud, he’s going to fumble the punt.

I did the same thing when Lindsey dropped the punt at Michigan a couple years ago.

You could just feel it was going to happen.

I can’t identify why we get the majority of the holding calls and other teams in the conference never have any called in our games there may be some but very very damn few the past 5 years..
Being horrendous on the line on both sides of the ball probably explains 99% of it

Reactions: oldjar07

Drives Luke played in: 3 scores

AM: accounted for a killer turnover and every punt

He’s got a better chance of being drafted into the military than the NFL

• Haha
Reactions: kaptain_obvious
As soon as they kicked it I spoke the words out loud, he’s going to fumble the punt.

I did the same thing when Lindsey dropped the punt at Michigan a couple years ago.

You could just feel it was going to happen.
From now on, do us all a favor and turn off the TV whenever the Huskers are about to receive a punt, lol.

If that’s what you believe but I say BS to that..Yesterday was a fine example with video to prove it on the other side..
Yea you’re right it’s much more likely to be the result of a league wide conspiracy to keep the worst team in the conference down

Reactions: oldjar07
Being horrendous on the line on both sides of the ball probably explains 99% of it
Exactly, Iowa and Wisconsin get the benefit of the doubt because they produce great lines year after year. We don't get that same benefit because our line is piss poor.

Exactly, Iowa and Wisconsin get the benefit of the doubt because they produce great lines year after year. We don't get that same benefit because our line is piss poor.
What a load of crap. A blatant hold is a blatant hold. It’s their job to call it consistently, not give one team a competitive advantage by only calling it one way. How is this even debatable?

This is pretty dam horrendous OL play, with a massive hold at the point of attack. Yet, no flag.
those pictures don't look too bad to me, but maybe the whole clip does?

hands inside, jersey not stretching.. not saying you're wrong, but as far as blatant holds go, there are certainly better examples

What a load of crap. A blatant hold is a blatant hold. It’s their job to call it consistently, not give one team a competitive advantage by only calling it one way. How is this even debatable?
The better team almost always gets the officiating advantage. It's human nature. We got plenty of that same benefit during the Osborne years. Our offensive line had a reputation for being the best so I'm sure they got away with a lot of no calls.

hands inside, jersey not stretching.. not saying you're wrong, but as far as blatant holds go, there are certainly better examples
It was a huge hold. Guy isn’t even on his feet, just holding on. Here is another, much more obvious than the hold that took away AM’s long run. I just don’t understand why this is OK. We are just supposed to accept this is how it will be in the conference. It’s nuts.

So if you are ignoring holds like the ones above. And calling ZERO on Iowa, how do you call essentially a 60 yard penalty that decides the game on this? Called on the RT. No where near the hold that was ignored on the Iowa LT in the clip above.

I know we have a million issues and pointing this out doesn’t take any of them away, but when things this blatant are going on and it’s come to the point we just accept it, or even have “fans” saying it’s our own dam fault, that is not good. Again, doesn’t mean the million other problems aren’t problems, but for crying out loud that’s just ridiculous.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

What the hell you looking at 😎on the top picture. He’s grabbing him on the his right shoulder on the side of Davis body.. Do ya wear glasses if not purchase some..🤓

The better team almost always gets the officiating advantage. It's human nature. We got plenty of that same benefit during the Osborne years. Our offensive line had a reputation for being the best so I'm sure they got away with a lot of no calls.
And would they have been the “better team” if the calls are reversed? If AM’s it stands and we get 7 or 3 and Sergents TD is wiped away, a different team wins. Shouldn’t the players decide who’s the better team on their own?

Reactions: scarletred
It was a huge hold. Guy isn’t even on his feet, just holding on. Here is another, much more obvious than the hold that took away AM’s long run. I just don’t understand why this is OK. We are just supposed to accept this is how it will be in the conference. It’s nuts.

So if you are ignoring holds like the ones above. And calling ZERO on Iowa, how do you call essentially a 60 yard penalty that decides the game on this? Called on the RT. No where near the hold that was ignored on the Iowa LT in the clip above.

I know we have a million issues and pointing this out doesn’t take any of them away, but when things this blatant are going on and it’s come to the point we just accept it, or even have “fans” saying it’s our own dam fault, that is not good. Again, doesn’t mean the million other problems aren’t problems, but for crying out loud that’s just ridiculous.
definitely won't argue the fact we don't make or receive many breaks

Yeah this is bullshit because the one they call on us is game changing

I’m going to have five wide receivers in my nightmares tonight.

What, you don't like think we should keep going with what never works? 22 formation with 15 and 10 iso behind the 'Baum Bros for 5 yards a clip is just too boring for ol Brian.

Drives me nuts

How can you overcome being blindsided after MF missed his assignment allowing the defender to blast AM out of the blue causing that fumble. We were moving the ball on that last drive pretty well. That fumble was not on AM even though he fumbled it after he got hit. Martinez played one hell of a game.

Also the 30 yard run Martinez had that got called back due to......oh yeah the shitty offensive lin

You could do this with a ton of still pictures of both teams .. it works both ways .. stop whining and let's move on to Purdue. This is sad ....

Reactions: Oiler402
ADVERTISEMENT