ADVERTISEMENT

Difference in the game

He can and has way better scrambling ability than AM and LM

Maybe on the scrambling side but the news coming out of practice on his throwing ability is...not good.

On top of that, nobody should believe the weirdo QB coach will do anything about it

How can you overcome being blindsided after MF missed his assignment allowing the defender to blast AM out of the blue causing that fumble. We were moving the ball on that last drive pretty well. That fumble was not on AM even though he fumbled it after he got hit. Martinez played one hell of a game.

I would take Martinez as the starter at Iowa right now. I thought he played a good game today.

It all starts up front neither Nebraska lines are very good until that is correct plus getting rid of chin hell offer the northwestern dc a big salary he doesn’t have the most talent but his defense plays 100% every down and is fundamentally sound

tbh, the same thought crossed my mind also. suspect we are undefeated with the guy nebraska fans want to launch into orbit.
we used to have intelligent fans, not so much anymore

What is your evidence of this? We've never seen him.
I've seen him play and unlike his post saying coming out of practice, my uncle is one of the Universities top boosters and coming from him outside of me seeing Smothers play live last year, the only better thrower in that QB room than him is Masker as he is tops in the room but is as slow as a snail when i comes to running the ball. He's also still healing from his 2 broken and a cracked rib suffered before his playoffs last year beacuse of an intentional BS cheap shot. I'm in no way shape or form an insider, but my uncle is a true insider. I never ask him for anything as I believe what happens in South Stadium stays in South Stadium as it is no ones business, recruiting is a different story. Because I don't ask my uncle anything, if I did he would tell me because I never ask for anything. It was my uncle that volunteered the info on Smothers. I myself am a donor and 33 year season ticket holder.

Last edited:
Reactions: drubendall
Are you kidding? Still blaming refs? They gave your guy the catch when he clearly did not control the ball when his toe was down. Absolutely amazing physical play, but he did not have control while in bounds.
Basically, your head coach sucks.
Kind of lucky you changed conferences or Iowa State would be thumping the Huskers!

Our local HS team plays from the shotgun and I don’t think they had a bad snap all season and that includes when the starting center was out and they moved a running back to center. Jurgens struggles snapping the ball are just mind boggling.
I coach jr high school football and we had two bad snaps in three years, that I remember. To continue to roll that out there proves your incompetence as a coach, period. I never....and I mean never bag on a kid playing the sport. So he is clearly out of position. First couple of problems, shame on me. Second couple of problems, shame on you. After that.....I suck as a coach for leaving you out there.

OK, Mr. Troll, right after you. Nebraska played hard and made some huge mistakes that cost them the game. Now will you admit the officiating, especially this call was a huge factor?
Nebraska played extremely hard, the call was a legitimate call and wiped away a huge gain. It comes down to players being disciplined enough not to make boneheaded errors.

Why can’t we find someone that can kick through the end zone? Honest question. That’s worth a full scholly at this point.

Reactions: headcard
Nebraska played extremely hard, the call was a legitimate call and wiped away a huge gain. It comes down to players being disciplined enough not to make boneheaded errors.
Gd, I hate to admit this is a correct statement. The hold was on 51...not 54. CJ is flat out killing us.

1) Phantom hold that took sure points off the board.

2) CTB muffed punt.

Both were far too predictable.
The difference in the game is we're an incredibly bad team and will find any way possible to lose. I was not remotely comfortable with a touchdown lead and even then thought we would surely lose based on how we were playing.

Reactions: headcard
Iowa holds on every stretch play, arms behind the backs of the defenders and it's NEVER called. Nebraska does it and its always called
No our defensive line is just stupid and tries to fight over those decoy reach blocks and leave wide open cutback lanes for the running back.

LOL, such nonsense . Weak, behind the play. Literally dozens of bigger holds not called on Iowa and then this on the biggest play of the game. It’s Ok to admit Nebraska was on the wrong side of a brutal call (again). You still have plenty of other shit to troll about.

typical whiny little bitch from Nebraska.

I’m going to have five wide receivers in my nightmares tonight.
Yeah that was stupid. Should have at least kept a running back on the field because we put our bad defensive ends at DT on those plays. You would have gotten a guaranteed first down if you just ran the ball in those situations.

Face it guys—you didn’t get screwed by the refs. Every team that loses says that (including Hawkeyes). This was a game between two bad teams that both have really bad qb’s, really bad coaching (our idiot OC—Captain Kirk’s son—is epically bad), and dismal outlooks going forward. It’s best that you dial back your expectations, as we have, and just enjoy the ride. Unfortunately unless you’re a tOSU fan we’re all doomed to watch mediocre football.
this is priceless ! Supposed Hawk fan over here bashing his own team after a win. You’re a douche nozzle. My bet is you’re a closet ISU fan. I never see you on the Iowa msg board cause I’m pretty sure you’re too chicken sh!t to bring youre weak ass comments there .

Reactions: desihawk
typical whiny little bitch from Nebraska.

Typical Iowa loser with no life hanging out on a Nebraska message board trying to feel better about his shitty life. Is run along you racist piece of shit.

While I don’t agree with all of your criticisms of the staff, I agree with this one. We run the most idiotic version of the nickel I have ever seen.
Only losers complain about officiating, you paint a poor picture of Husker fans.

Only losers complain about officiating, you paint a poor picture of Husker fans.
Adults are talking, go away. And in the post you quoted. we are talking about the nickel defense. Now go get some help (it will be OK, little guy).

The muffed punt was the nail in the coffin. It was 23-20. We got a 3 and out with Iowa deep in their own territory meaning good field position for the offense. Tie at least if not take a 4 point lead. Instead the muffed punt gives the ball back to Iowa so THEY have good field position. I think we could have overcome the other mistakes, but that muffed punt changed all momentum and completely changed the course of the 4th quarter.

What kind of deranged pleasure do you get out of posting your crap on here? I'm really curious about that.
There is another thread about just this. He clearly has Psychological issues from a deep sense of inferiority and loneliness. He has developed an irrational hatred of anything associated with another college football team to the point that Nebraska football has come to represent everything wrong with his sad life . We just think of it as a team and us as fans. But people like this guy are so deeply deranged that they see the Nebraska football program as everything wrong with their lives. Nebraska football represents the girl that won’t date him, the boss that won’t promote him, the cool kids that won’t give him the time of day.

It’s the same sort of mind set that allows one to blame others for all their problems and short comings and to blindly follow racists.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
If you are on another teams message board gloating after a win, you are a pathetic ass loser. And when you also happen to be an Iowa fan, you are a racist on top of it.
Look at all the terrible racism. It's palpable.

The only loser is you. And I mean you personally, not your team; they put up a good fight.

Two days later and I'm still pissed Frost didn't call a timeout at the end of the 3rd quarter to force Iowa to kick FG into the wind.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT