ADVERTISEMENT

Difference in the game

Man up for Gods sake
OK, Mr. Troll, right after you. Nebraska played hard and made some huge mistakes that cost them the game. Now will you admit the officiating, especially this call was a huge factor?

RollingLaugh

clearly you haven’t been paying attention the last 2+ years if you think Neb would have soundly executed in that crucial situation and came away with points

I can think of a myriad of ways they would have pissed away that play even if the refs had been blind and missed that blatant hold

recent history since 2018 places the preponderance of evidence in favor of my assessment as opposed to your fairy tale scenario

RollingLaugh
Come on man the team you wanted to win did. Shouldn't you be celebrating.

Reactions: headcard
You know we could have won. The hold was was obvious . The center was horrible. And lucky Iowa’s QB is not Accurate are we would’ve been beat by at least 14 points. You make your breaks we just can’t do it I love his coaching or just shit luck

Correct.
You guys play dumb and undisciplined...100% on frost. Thankfully many or your fellow fans won't admit it ;)

Umm welcome to the board sir....our fans have pretty much had it with dumb and undisciplined play. Not sure where you have been. Congrats on the win - I would feel less than pleased, your team sure didn't look like world beaters for sure.

That was pretty funny when that black player, who also has a black position coach, stripped the ball from your QB to win the game and drive a dagger into your heart. You are a moron.
If you are on another teams message board gloating after a win, you are a pathetic ass loser. And when you also happen to be an Iowa fan, you are a racist on top of it.

Reactions: jbskers
We didn’t get called for many penalties, but the ones we did were epic. The DPI on Williams gave Iowa a first down in the first half which led to points. The holding penalty after AM ran to the red zone took points off the board.

The two turnovers were also epic. We were finally going to have good field position to start a drive, but fumbles the punt and gave Iowa another 3 points. Then the final turnover, in true Nebraska fashion....first down in Iowa territory; plenty of time on the clock, and a timeout. We take the drama out of it in the blink of an eye.

Yet another opponent that does nothing particularly special....just wait around for Nebraska to f*ck up.
That PI shoulda been called against Iowa as during that crossing route Iowa's other receiver shoulder checked DW coming accross causing him to lose balance and fall behind his assignment.

Our offensive line cost us that game . Too many critical sacks and penalties. AMart is seeing ghosts out there too.
Was saying this same thing about AM. Am doesn't trust his OL for good reason until that final snap of course. What worries me is they are letting MF lead the younger guys this way.

yup, the coaches coach them to muff punts and the like.......you are brilliant

If it is all on the players, why do we even have coaches? If they don't factor into wins and losses, man you are a tool. The fact that we have one of the most pathetic, horrid special teams units outside of the FG kicker, is COMPLETELY and SOLELY on coaching. Of course CTB didn't fumble on purpose, but why do we have him back there if he isn't reliable? We also don't fair catch punts at our 20 when we should be, cost us field position on one of our first drives. We haven't had a punt return for more than 10 yards all year, it's embarassing that we field these special teams.

I thought it was

1) Last drive turnover
2) Muffed punt

But now I'm convinced. I'll go ahead and count this as a Nebraska victory.

Iowa holds on every stretch play, arms behind the backs of the defenders and it's NEVER called. Nebraska does it and its always called
Face it guys—you didn’t get screwed by the refs. Every team that loses says that (including Hawkeyes). This was a game between two bad teams that both have really bad qb’s, really bad coaching (our idiot OC—Captain Kirk’s son—is epically bad), and dismal outlooks going forward. It’s best that you dial back your expectations, as we have, and just enjoy the ride. Unfortunately unless you’re a tOSU fan we’re all doomed to watch mediocre football.

Ok I am getting tired of blaming refs. Bad calls go both ways. We are losing because we make bad mistakes and turn overs
I knew someone would come in with the “blaming refs” stuff. However, it was a huge factor in the game and did not go both ways.

Face it guys—you didn’t get screwed by the refs. Every team that loses says that (including Hawkeyes). This was a game between two bad teams that both have really bad qb’s, really bad coaching (our idiot OC—Captain Kirk’s son—is epically bad), and dismal outlooks going forward. It’s best that you dial back your expectations, as we have, and just enjoy the ride. Unfortunately unless you’re a tOSU fan we’re all doomed to watch mediocre football.
This is true

except iowa has never had to dial back their expectations. mediocrity is born into you losers, replacing the normal chromosomes.

Reactions: jmliehr
You don’t remember the weak clip call in the first half? He was engaged and went low. I don’t believe that’s a clip. Nebraska WRs get away with tons of holding on the edge as well. College football is built on holding. Every single play.

Not sure what you saw, Iowa dude got beat then dove at a DL’s knee from behind, dirty play all day.

That PI shoulda been called against Iowa as during that crossing route Iowa's other receiver shoulder checked DW coming accross causing him to lose balance and fall behind his assignment.
I thought the same thing - they could have called an OPI there. But the overall point remains. Iowa gets called for a clip and has 2nd and 21 back near midfield. We bailed them out and it led to 3 points.

If you're Smothers, you got to be licking your chops at taking over next year. Assuming he can throw the ball, because we don't have anyone else that can. Throw it accurately first and then scramble a little bit if you have to pick up a first down. We've got this entirely backwards

That was pretty funny when that black player, who also has a black position coach, stripped the ball from your QB to win the game and drive a dagger into your heart. You are a moron.

Hiring a black coach and having a black player in no way excuses the behavior and culture Ferentz installed, encouraged and tolerated, or the fact that the Iowa administration and fan base supports and encouraged it. Enjoy the victory, but please don’t spew your ignorance here.

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
If you're Smothers, you got to be licking your chops at taking over next year. Assuming he can throw the ball, because we don't have anyone else that can. Throw it accurately first and then scramble a little bit if you have to pick up a first down. We've got this entirely backwards

Hate to break it to you, he can’t pass.

And the kid from small town Nebraska ain’t it either. We do need a transfer QB in the worst way but our only chance from there is if somebody turns Frost’s MIC off during the games.

I think he was like 18/20 passing today. Not sure much of this falls on him. Although he didn’t overcome it either, I guess.
How can you overcome being blindsided after MF missed his assignment allowing the defender to blast AM out of the blue causing that fumble. We were moving the ball on that last drive pretty well. That fumble was not on AM even though he fumbled it after he got hit. Martinez played one hell of a game.

He can and has way better scrambling ability than AM and LM

How can you overcome being blindsided after MF missed his assignment allowing the defender to blast AM out of the blue causing that fumble. We were moving the ball on that last drive pretty well. That fumble was not on AM even though he fubled it after he got hit. Martinez played one hell of a game.
I agree. I wish we would find ways to get the ball into LM’s hands more without him playing QB.

Reactions: Wyldcard
OK, Mr. Troll, right after you. Nebraska played hard and made some huge mistakes that cost them the game. Now will you admit the officiating, especially this call was a huge factor?

The call wasn’t the huge factor, the hold was. I can’t believe you are actually arguing it. It was an obvious hold right in front of everyone. Could have called holding on your oline all game, honestly. Giving you guys the first down on that third and 23 was borderline criminal.

Difference in this game was your center. Numerous muffed snaps were head scratching and cost you guys dearly.

If it is all on the players, why do we even have coaches? If they don't factor into wins and losses, man you are a tool. The fact that we have one of the most pathetic, horrid special teams units outside of the FG kicker, is COMPLETELY and SOLELY on coaching. Of course CTB didn't fumble on purpose, but why do we have him back there if he isn't reliable? We also don't fair catch punts at our 20 when we should be, cost us field position on one of our first drives. We haven't had a punt return for more than 10 yards all year, it's embarassing that we field these special teams.
even more embarrassing is some of the fans
especially the ones who can't see when a player makes the mistake

Hate to break it to you, he can’t pass.

And the kid from small town Nebraska ain’t it either. We do need a transfer QB in the worst way but our only chance from there is if somebody turns Frost’s MIC off during the games.
What is your evidence of this? We've never seen him.

ADVERTISEMENT