ADVERTISEMENT

Difference in the game

The real difference is one team has an identity and is coached well in fundamentals and scheme...when the going gets tough they can rely on what they have been taught for the past 20 yearas. The other team, while probably more talented, cannot help but make poor decisions and unforced errors when the chips are down. That all starts with coaching. That is the real difference.

Poor punting hurt too. But that hold was such horseshit. No way that is called on Iowa if the roles are reversed.
You don’t remember the weak clip call in the first half? He was engaged and went low. I don’t believe that’s a clip. Nebraska WRs get away with tons of holding on the edge as well. College football is built on holding. Every single play.

We didn’t get called for many penalties, but the ones we did were epic. The DPI on Williams gave Iowa a first down in the first half which led to points. The holding penalty after AM ran to the red zone took points off the board.

The two turnovers were also epic. We were finally going to have good field position to start a drive, but fumbles the punt and gave Iowa another 3 points. Then the final turnover, in true Nebraska fashion....first down in Iowa territory; plenty of time on the clock, and a timeout. We take the drama out of it in the blink of an eye.

Yet another opponent that does nothing particularly special....just wait around for Nebraska to f*ck up.

You don’t remember the weak clip call in the first half? He was engaged and went low. I don’t believe that’s a clip. Nebraska WRs get away with tons of holding on the edge as well. College football is built on holding. Every single play.
But then it gets called on the biggest play of the game. Interesting.

The real difference is one team has an identity and is coached well in fundamentals and scheme...when the going gets tough they can rely on what they have been taught for the past 20 yearas. The other team, while probably more talented, cannot help but make poor decisions and unforced errors when the chips are down. That all starts with coaching. That is the real difference.
yup, the coaches coach them to muff punts and the like.......you are brilliant

The only reason it was “the biggest play of the game” in your mind is because it got called. Penalties have huge significance in every game and almost every drive.

I meant because it was the longest play of the game. It was also a huge play which would have at least tied up the game. A absolutely huge call and one they chose not to make the rest of the game.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I meant because it was the longest play of the game. It was also a huge play which would have at least tied up the game. A absolutely huge call and one they chose not to make the rest of the game.

how would it have tied up the game?

Correct.
You guys play dumb and undisciplined...100% on frost. Thankfully many or your fellow fans won't admit it ;)

how would it have tied up the game?
We were down three correct and that put us in the red zone, cottect? We were in potion to at least tie up the game . I know you aren’t very bright, but you can grasp that. I know you have a hard on for Nebraska, but even you can admit the impact that “questionable” call had on the game.

Reactions: dinglefritz
A huge bear hug right in front of the ref, who coaches people to do that?

We made (fewer) mistakes.

They made no mistakes.

Iowa fans are likely asking, you want Spencer Petras throwing for the Huskers?

Nebraska came up short. Use of QB moving forward needs to be both of them.

Not quite Ohio State back in the day, but neither one is complete enough, from my vantage point.

Finish strong. 3 more game possibly and winning them would be good momentum for 2021.

he hit him in the back of the knee. an obvious penalty for a real cheap shot.

We were down three correct and that put us in the red zone, cottect? We were in potion to at least tie up the game . I know you aren’t very bright, but you can grasp that. I know you have a hard on for Nebraska, but even you can admit the impact that “questionable” call had on the game.

RollingLaugh

clearly you haven’t been paying attention the last 2+ years if you think Neb would have soundly executed in that crucial situation and came away with points

I can think of a myriad of ways they would have pissed away that play even if the refs had been blind and missed that blatant hold

recent history since 2018 places the preponderance of evidence in favor of my assessment as opposed to your fairy tale scenario

RollingLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT