ADVERTISEMENT

Difference between Coach and Analyst?

Analysts cannot be on the field coaching players at any time and cannot recruit off campus.

Reactions: CatColumbia
The analyst breaks down all the film for special teams. Who is in to block, how do they line up, where to attack, how does a team set up for returns, every single detail of the special teams plays.

Then develop a plan to defend or attack what was found. Exploit weaknesses, give special attention to their special plays/players.

This is all in detailed report and the coach on the field then puts the plan in action during practice. I am guessing there is also a video of the other teams ST plays and yours from previous weeks.

A guess.

A designated coach basically acts as a translator during practice and a game for the players and the analyst correct? For some reason I didn’t think an analyst could be in the film room with players though, guess I was wrong on that.

Can an analyst be in the booth during a game? That not “on the field”

I’ve always thought the limit on coaches was stupid if you were going to allow analysts. This actually goes away from the intent of the regulation to limit coaches and is form over substance.

Last edited:
Butch Jones is an analyst at Bama and is on the field during games. So if you aren't coaching the players on the field during the game its ok?

Well-well look. I already told you: Coaches deal with the goddamn players so the analyst don't have to! Coaches have people skills; Coaches are good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Well-well look. I already told you: Coaches deal with the goddamn players so the analyst don't have to! Coaches have people skills; Coaches are good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?
I just watched that the other night. Lol

Wasn't Auburn dead last in the country last year for punt return yardage given up? Maybe it was another stat Im thinking of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT