ADVERTISEMENT

Didn’t we just get a new commit?

Get him to work his tail off now and get better prepared for when he hits campus.
Just like every other recruit

Watched a few minutes of his tape. Will need to work on his athleticism and his technique. Nasty though, likes to finish blocks through the whistle.
Same here. Yes, he's competing with smaller players on most plays. But he is all about putting his opponent flat on his back. And he smothers through the whistle. Need more nasty like this.

Bumping this thread. Welcome Valen !!!
Put the work in and results will follow.

Personally find it somewhat disheartening that a thread on women’s soccer would have more replies than the commitment news of a OL who easily could have chosen a division rival.
GBR!

Yeah we seem to be recruiting projects while I see top teams recruiting kids that at least "look" like full grown men. I get its very difficult to be ready to take the field on day one but more often than not it seems we are bringing in projects that need to be molded from the very start. I just wish some of the kids we are bringing in were a little further in their development.

Yeah we seem to be recruiting projects while I see top teams recruiting kids that at least "look" like full grown men. I get its very difficult to be ready to take the field on day one but more often than not it seems we are bringing in projects that need to be molded from the very start. I just wish some of the kids we are bringing in were a little further in their development.
That's where we are right now given our w/l record the past 4 years starting with Riley. The good news is that he'll have plenty of time to develop. Our O line depth chart is pretty young. Get some kids with the frame, feet and work ethic and then get them in the weight room and with the nutrition people.

Reactions: WHCSC
Ladies and Gentlemen, Brian Rosenthal

images

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
there are freshmen and sophs up and down the OL depth chart. Im amazed they can get any OLs at all to agree to sit on the bench for next 3-4 years.

Solid pickup.. Offers from TN, Mizzou, Purdue and others
Be happy with the signing or not but please let’s stop this dopey “he had offers from” comment. Schools are offering 300+ kids. DONU had 393 offers for the class of 2021. It’s meaningless.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Be happy with the signing or not but please let’s stop this dopey “he had offers from” comment. Schools are offering 300+ kids. DONU had 393 offers for the class of 2021. It’s meaningless.

newbie.gif

In general, kids who started shaving in middle school tap out their physical potential in high school. Youth and kids who mature later is a very good attribute to look for.

We all need to stop grousing and complaining about the level of our recruiting right now. We have three star guys across the board which is simply amazing that it is even that good considering our past six years of complete dumpster fire sucktitude. We have not yet been forced to recruit two star or no star kids as some lousy programs eventually have to do just to fill a class. I like this recruit. Big body, big frame ... lots of potential. Is he a stud ready to step right in? Could he play for Ohio State or Alabama? No. But this is who we have to recruit right now. Put together a decent season this Fall (a must) and this will change. "Baby steps Dr. Marvin. Baby steps."

We do have a 5 star kicker that is practically begging for a roster spot...so we have that going for us

ADVERTISEMENT