Did we watch the death of a pro sport this year (nba) ?

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Nice to see CL’s wrong streak continuing to grow
I wasn't even targeting CL, I saw the tweet and remembered how many moronic threads were written about the NBA being terrible because they're too woke. CL's was just the first one that popped up.

But we could probably fill up the whole first page of the Open Scrolls with CL threads that were dead wrong. Outside of the occasional Nebrasketball recruiting insider info, he doesn't seem to get much of anything correct.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
The ratings are lower than when the games were recorded And played on tape delay
When the league and their players prance around defending and promoting the people who are calling 80% of their fans racists and white supremacists, it stands to reason that the ratings would drop. Maybe they'll get new fans in China!

huskerfan_12_05

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE
NBA has been dead to me for some time , & I am a guy who still plays pickup , loves the game & watch a ton of HS & college basketball but the NBA sux

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
I wasn't even targeting CL, I saw the tweet and remembered how many moronic threads were written about the NBA being terrible because they're too woke. CL's was just the first one that popped up.

But we could probably fill up the whole first page of the Open Scrolls with CL threads that were dead wrong. Outside of the occasional Nebrasketball recruiting insider info, he doesn't seem to get much of anything correct.

It's because he's a fvcking idiot.

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
NBA has been dead to me for some time , & I am a guy who still plays pickup , loves the game & watch a ton of HS & college basketball but the NBA sux

I'm sure they are absolutely devastated by the loss. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: cavalot

Lar Gand

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 6, 2012
For real. I lost interest over the last 3 or 4 years (not because of woke-ness) but the last month of the NBA has been unbelievably fun to watch. Too bad they don't have rating data from back in the 90's for comparison.

I actually lost interest in the NBA a LONG time ago when it would be hard pressed to say that the games weren't fixed.

There was a NBA playoff game between the Lakers and Sacramento where the calls were too ridiculous to think anything other than the game and series being fixed was possible. And, at that point I had no rooting interest.

I had formerly been an avid fan, in the days that you could go to Kansas City-Omaha games in Omaha, following Dr. J, the 80's and the 90's.

This years playoffs have brought me back in. Interesting games, interesting players.

There is one thing that still bothers me somewhat. I don't mind alternate uniforms, but I do like to know what teams I'm watching as soon as I turn on the game. Alternate uniforms on a limited basis is Ok, but the standard uniforms would be helpful for an old fart like me.

But, I am really enjoying the playoffs this year. The league seems to be moving in the right direction once again.

BigCL24

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 28, 2016

I have never once been wrong on the open scrolls, only informative

BigCL24

Gold Member
May 28, 2016
I know I'm watching because its more interesting without Lebron and the super teams

~jmo
Devin Booker is a heckuva talent and fun to watch, Ben Simmons' mental issues are also a fun storyline ...

removing lebron from the equation is good for everyone

Reactions: iruletheskool

jw.3

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013
I love basketball. I couldn’t imagine preferring to watch high school or college over the NBA. I’m curious to know why
the minute they allowed shorts with an inseam longer than 4 inches, shoes other than Converse All-stars and hairstyles other than high and tight, I was out.

Husker Hank

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
I take a lot of joy in knowing Lebron was a big part of the death of the NBA.

• Haha
Reactions: cavalot

jw.3

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013
I take a lot of joy in knowing Lebron was a big part of the death of the NBA.
Hank I'm with you--we both hate everything Labron the commie stands for. but at the same time we see his rippling pecs and biceps and can't help but wonder what that boy would look like in a wrestling singlet that's a size too small for him. absolute yumminess, can't imagine the bulges. gets me all lathered up just thinking about it--love the sport bud, and so do you.