ADVERTISEMENT

Did the Lakers get better or just older??

Tired of these "dream teams". Bucks vs. Suns was a refreshing finals.

My feelings exactly. It makes it no fun when no one does much building. A superstar gets other stars to join him in the city of his choice. Then we sit back and watch the inevitable. I'm very happy that the Bucks and the Suns played for the finals instead of a dream team.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Anthony is their only real outside threat. Teams will let Westbrook shoot 3’s all day. Can see them getting past the first round but unless the 2nd round opponent has some injuries don’t see how they get to the conference finals.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I say older. But I'm kinda rooting for Melo...can just he win and everyone else lose?
I thought the FO could have done a lot better after they got Westbrook. Losing Caruso and KCP is huge and none of the guys they signed can bring what they did on defense. Unless there's a surprise left and they get another big name to fill one of the last spots, I'd say it's a pretty average off-season.

Anthony is their only real outside threat. Teams will let Westbrook shoot 3’s all day. Can see them getting past the first round but unless the 2nd round opponent has some injuries don’t see how they get to the conference finals.
I hope Anthony will be on the bench. He's one of the worst defenders in the league. We supposedly got some guys who can shoot, but nobody who's that great on both ends.

I was underwhelmed until the Nunn, Monk, and Ariza signings. Those dudes will help this group a ton.

They will play ZERO defense....and they will be banged up all year... im glad my guys got carusso..ball and DD.... Bulls won the off season IMHO and they are not sone dealing.. they want to deal Mark and probably a guard for hopefully an athletic viable PF.. we shall see but very impressed with AK sofar

Which one...Maybe Ariza
I really like their 2nd unit now with Nunn and Monk...and Ariza actually plays defense, which they sorely need.

Give me Nunn over Schroder any day. Getting Howard back won’t hurt either. Lots of pieces that will take awhile to gel though, if they ever do. Really it comes down to AD and Lebron staying healthy as much as anything, and I think the longer off-season helps there(including the early playoff exit).

Pelinka keeps things interesting at least. I like that he’s not afraid to take big swings.

Definitely better. Shroeder was woefully exposed in the playoffs. Brodie will bring some serious fire to this squad. If Melo and a couple of others can hit a few wide open jumpers, they will be much better. Of course almost all of the Lakers fate rests in the frailness of AD. If he is 100%, they will compete for a title. All of that said, if Brooklyn is healthy across the board, and douchebag Kyrie is engaged, they are your future champs. Lotta ifs in this…..

I love Melo's comeback story and would love to see him succeed...but most of the rest of that roater is impossible to like or root for. Oh well, sports needs villans to.

Westbrook will have to change his game a bit to mesh with Lebron. Will need to be less of a scorer, more of a distributor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT