ADVERTISEMENT

Did not know this about Chris Dishman

Thanks for sharing WV
He works in Seward County, I did not know that he was local to the area and had moved back.
Mental illness takes so many forms. I feel bad for the guy who is tortured by his wife's passing. Hope he and his family can find peace and purpose, sometimes life makes absolutely zero sense in the moment of things.

My BIL did the same, no one saw it coming and he left no explanation. Hard for the family to move on.

This is very tragic and painfully sad. I did not know about this and will be saying a prayer for Chris and his family. As someone who has struggled with mental health in the past couple of years, I cannot state enough to tell someone about it. Our society, especially in America, does not do the manual labor let alone move our bodies like we used to when our ancestors built this country with their bare hands. We stare at screens way too much now. Do not let it sit alone in the dark. Bring it to the light. Try eating healthy food for 3 days. Exercise to get your endorphins going. Look into organic supplements. Take a trip or go to a mental health retreat center away from home. Volunteer at a homeless shelter. The majority of the time it happens because the mind is depressed about the past, anxious about the future or bored on a painful level.

If you have the spirit, soul or skills to help people who are struggling, please consider it. We are going to need more in that profession. What Chris is doing about this is very inspiring.

Tragic. Prayers for him and his family. Met him at Fat Nappys years ago. Him and Matt Slauson. Real nice guys. We talked the state of Husker football. This was back when Callahan had just taken over.
Something about your story isn't adding up.

Callahan's first season was 2004.

Slauson lettered for Nebraska from 2005-2008. He played at Air Force Prep in 2004. I think it's safe to assume he wasn't in Lincoln during the Spring of 2004.

How were you at a bar in Lincoln talking to someone that wasn't in Lincoln right after Callahan took over (never mind that he would have only been 18 in 2004, and therefore had no business being in a bar)?

Kind of lame for a middle-aged man to name drop and/or make up a story about hanging out with an 18-year-old kid in a bar, isn't it?

Something about your story isn't adding up.

Callahan's first season was 2004.

Slauson lettered for Nebraska from 2005-2008. He played at Air Force Prep in 2004. I think it's safe to assume he wasn't in Lincoln during the Spring of 2004.

How were you at a bar in Lincoln talking to someone that wasn't in Lincoln right after Callahan took over (never mind that he would have only been 18 in 2004, and therefore had no business being in a bar)?

Kind of lame for a middle-aged man to name drop and/or make up a story about hanging out with an 18-year-old kid in a bar, isn't it?
It was around 2006 Sherlock dickhead. And saying I talked football with 2 Huskers and they were nice guys isn't name dropping. Just mentioning they were both nice guys. Now back to jerking it to LSU and your Burrow doll

It was around 2006 Sherlock dickhead. And saying I talked football with 2 Huskers and they were nice guys isn't name dropping. Just mentioning they were both nice guys. Now back to jerking it to LSU and your Burrow doll
Hey.....you said right after Callahan took over. That would be 2004. Read your post.

Don't get mad and call people names because YOU can't keep your stories and dates straight.

Pretty funny that a Husker die-hard that has a by-line about taking sides against the Husker family accuses others of "jerking it" simply because they think that Burrow was a better QB than Frazier, or that 2019 LSU is better than 1995 Nebraska.

Lastly...you seem to have a fixation on homo-eroticism. That, combined with your anger, tells me that you have something that you might want to deal with.

Hey.....you said right after Callahan took over. That would be 2004. Read your post.

Don't get mad and call people names because YOU can't keep your stories and dates straight.

Pretty funny that a Husker die-hard such as yourself talks of other people jerking it over other teams. All that does is tell us how you actually spend your time.

Lastly...you seem to have a fixation on homo-eroticism. That, combined with your anger, tells me that you might have something that you might want to deal with.
So sorry I didnt timestamp my story for you. You jump into a thread about a guys tragedy and call me a liar. You are a real piece of shit. Do you bring anything of value to this board other than being a little bitch. Serious question

Reactions: steelclaw and PM4NU

Pretty funny that a Husker die-hard that has a by-line about taking sides against the Husker family accuses others of "jerking it" simply because they think that Burrow was a better QB than Frazier, or that 2019 LSU is better than 1995 Nebraska.

Lastly...you seem to have a fixation on homo-eroticism. That, combined with your anger, tells me that you have something that you might want to deal with.
You've been on this board for 4 months and everyone already can't stand you. Congrats

Reactions: PM4NU
So sorry I didnt timestamp my story for you. You jump into a thread about a guys tragedy and call me a liar. You are a real piece of shit. Do you bring anything of value to this board other than being a little bitch. Serious question
I don't need a time stamp. I know facts. Callahan started in 2004. 2006 isn't right after he started (your words). Hell...2006 was closer to the end than the beginning.

I see more name calling. Real mature for a middle-aged man.

I had a family member who died by suicide. I’ve been to numerous suicide scenes. The most brutal (not the method, just the situation) was a mother who did it while her daughter was at high school homecoming. Somehow I’ve blocked the image out of my mind. I remember the house location and inside, but not her. Facing/informing family is beyond difficult, especially that one. I was so thankful that the daughter wasn’t the one who found her.

I heard about the Disman case right after it happened. It just has to be gut wrenching for Dishman and his family. Most of the time there is documented mental health issues and/or prior attempts. When it comes out of nowhere like this case with no explanation, I don’t know how he dealt with it. That will likely haunt him the rest of his days. I hope if he hasn’t that he finds peace with it.

You've been on this board for 4 months and everyone already can't stand you. Congrats
Thanks. I'm not here for everyone to like.

What is it like to get so bent out of shape over comments on a message board about a team full of 18-23 year-olds that don't know you from Shinola?

Man...you have problems. The only difference between you and Harvey Updyke is that you (presumably) haven't poisoned any trees.

Thanks. I'm not here for everyone to like.

What is it like to get so bent out of shape over comments on a message board about a team full of 18-23 year-olds that don't know you from Shinola?

Man...you have problems. The only difference between you and Harvey Updyke is that you (presumably) haven't poisoned any trees.

I've never read one of your posts before and I already don't like you. I command you to adhere to my reality and begin consuming your foot. I'll tell you when to stop.

Reactions: PM4NU
I had a family member who died by suicide. I’ve been to numerous suicide scenes. The most brutal (not the method, just the situation) was a mother who did it while her daughter was at high school homecoming. Somehow I’ve blocked the image out of my mind. I remember the house location and inside, but not her. Facing/informing family is beyond difficult, especially that one. I was so thankful that the daughter wasn’t the one who found her.

I heard about the Disman case right after it happened. It just has to be gut wrenching for Dishman and his family. Most of the time there is documented mental health issues and/or prior attempts. When it comes out of nowhere like this case with no explanation, I don’t know how he dealt with it. That will likely haunt him the rest of his days. I hope if he hasn’t that he finds peace with it.
Horrible thing it is.

A school I used to teach at, out of a graduating class of about 85, lost 5 classmates before their 10-year reunion. 3 were to suicide (2 of which were while they were in school). I'm very fond of that group, and how they handled things that they shouldn't have had to deal with.

Reactions: newAD
Had a good friend who's son swallowed a 12 gauge in his bedroom, one thing I had never given any thought to, and why would I...is that the sheriff who answered the call gave my friend a business card from a company who specializes in the clean up of such a thing...I had no idea that was a business.

My friend never really recovered, and it was heart breaking to watch :(

I had no idea about this story about Dishman, and it makes me sad to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
People are to fixated on work and status the days. Take time to really talk to your loved ones each day. Don't let them ever feel ignored and assume their ok. My two children and my wife have been seeing counselors for various reasons and I don't want them to stop as long as they need it. Mental health is no different than seeing a doctor for anything else.

Had a good friend who's son swallowed a 12 gauge in his bedroom, one thing I had never given any thought to, and why would I...is that the sheriff who answered the call gave my friend a business card from a company who specializes in the clean up of such a thing...I had no idea that was a business.

My friend never really recovered, and it was heart breaking to watch :(

I had no idea about this story about Dishman, and it makes me sad to read.

I read a book about such a company. I think it was called aftermath inc.

People never think about what happens after those incidents. Very sobering book.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT