ADVERTISEMENT

Did I hear the crowd Boo Ray Lweis?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Was trying to have a conversation with somebody, drink a beer, and watch the pre game stuff, which is more than my brain can handle at once. Seemed like Rayray got boo'd. Any theories on that? Only thing I could think of was his old trial?

The Ravens beat the 49ers in his last game, Super Bowl XLVII. He wasn't MVP of that game (Flacco was), but since the game was being played at the 49ers' stadium, I'm guessing that had some to do with it.

But more likely it's because of the trial surrounding Super Bowl XXXV when he won the MVP.

Gotcha, thanks. Leaning towards the trial, but admittedly I had forgotten about the Ravens beating the Niners...Cannot remember them even playing each other in a Super Bowl to be honest..

I was personally amazed that only one of the 50 MVPs has passed away. That would seem to be pretty long odds, especially with CTE...

CTE might not be as extensive as we are led to believe. I know crazy talk but there are some tragic lives lost for sure and feel for the families but not sure the percentage is what the perceived percentage is.

One - Brady was booed louder than Ray Lewis. I guess being an alleged cheater is looked upon as worse than a murdered that bought his way out of jail time.

In September 2015, researchers with the Department of Veterans Affairs and Boston University announced that they had identified CTE in 87 of 91 (96 percent) deceased NFL players that they had examined and in 79 percent of all football players.[2] CTE is VERY prevalent.

My point CTE was not that it is not prevalent in those that have died or those studied, but that there are thousands of former players who have been able to go on functioning at levels of conduct and success different than the cases highlighted. Does it exist, yes. I did not state it as clearly as I should have, rushed for time and it didn't come out as it should have.

ADVERTISEMENT