ADVERTISEMENT

Did Frost call plays yesterday?

From someone who knows: Frost did not call any plays vs UND. Now you know. That is all. Good day.

Sure seemed like it. Very pass heavy offense the first 3 halves and then ground and pound with option mixed in yest in the 2h.

I also have a theory that CT reinjured his hand some time against NW. Velocity down, ball wobbles. Didn't see that in the 1h vs NW and have seen it every half since.
This maybe the case, Something happened too Casey

Heard this topic discussed on a podcast. The bottom line is that we’re dysfunctional as ever.
If Frost can’t get through two games without taking over play calls what’s that say about his original plan and his ability to execute said plan?

I’m sure Whipple will be a pro about it all, but man, the vibe is just utter turmoil.

If they win games no one will care, but if they lose as expected then it’s gonna only add to the sh*tshow that’s been transpiring before us for half a decade (current regime only).

With as much optimism as I can muster, I am just not seeing it with this team. OL and entire defense feels like a trainwreck waiting to happen when we face more advanced competition.

Nelson is a man. Grant is a man. CT is solid for me. WR are better than we’ve had. ST is better.
But I see the B1G exposing our defense and pushing us around like nobody’s business. Better teams will whip our OL as well.
This. We can get our panties in a bunch over the Frost/Whipple soap opera, but the bottom line is we are very weak on both lines. Period. End of discussion. Turn off the lights and lock the door on the way out. I don't care if we have Tom Brady, Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith on our offense or if it is Belichek calling our plays. Because if our lines suck, and they do (big time) we are going to lose every game after next week.

Our defense in particular is a complete and total joke. Polar Bear, Feist, and Robinson are all fourth rate players who would not make the two deep at most P5 schools. Robinson in particular is grossly, grossly overrated by most Husker fans. And our starting linebackers and safeties should all be in Junior Colleges somewhere. I have never seen such poor tackling angles and such a hideous lack of aggressive physicality among those guys. They play slow, confused, and like total pussies.

• Haha
Reactions: HominidHusker
This maybe the case, Something happened too Casey
Well he did go into the medical tent a couple of times I think. And that could account for why we started running the ball so much. And that would be true even if it was Whipple calling plays. People talk on here as if Whipple is some kind of crazoid pass happy guy who will never choose to lean on the run. Ever. No matter what. I can easily see a scenario where Thompson is dinged up and Whipple challenges our offensive line to open up running lanes and they responded.

Frost had the headset on when defense had the ball and was standing with the defensive players. Was he calling the defense too? No. Was he more involved in the decisions? Yes

Seemed to be more of a collaborative effort between Frost and Whipple given both had play sheets in their hands. I’d have to say it looked more like Frost’s offense in the second half given the amount of run plays called. Honestly I don’t care who’s offense it is, won’t matter anyway with how soft the OL plays.
Frost had the headset on when defense had the ball and was standing with the defensive players. Was he calling the defense too? No. Was he more involved in the decisions? Yes
Exactly, Nick Saban wears a headset he isn’t calling every play , but he knows exactly what is called on every Offensive and Defensive snap and if he doesn’t like it he overrules and makes the call , It called being a HC!

Coaches and players met the media today did any of our “journalists” even ask?

frost - Whipple and CT all should have fielded that question

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT