ADVERTISEMENT

Dickerson got wrapped up in all the glitter

Good luck, young man! Enjoy - hopefully the restriction ease somewhat so you can actually enjoy it out there

How do we know he didn't just want to experience the hard drugs legally? He was never coming here let it go. It seems kids with a recruiting story like his don't end up at the same place anyway.

How do we know he didn't just want to experience the hard drugs legally? He was never coming here let it go. It seems kids with a recruiting story like his don't end up at the same place anyway.
Why you have to bring drugs into it? Kind if low of you isn't it.

The kid didn’t want to come to Nebraska, that happens best of luck to him. with the transfer portal a lot of the kids will finish their college career at a different school they signed with
Yes, this. I'm old. I remember when the Huskers were good. He's 18. He may recall some mediocre seasons under a head coach who hated us, and some lousy seasons since then.

If the program doesn't turn around and start winning games, going to bowls, and competing for championships, we'll continue to get less and less relevant to recruits, even local recruits.

Yes, this. I'm old. I remember when the Huskers were good. He's 18. He may recall some mediocre seasons under a head coach who hated us, and some lousy seasons since then.

If the program doesn't turn around and start winning games, going to bowls, and competing for championships, we'll continue to get less and less relevant to recruits, even local recruits.

At 18 it means that Neb has never had a top 10 finish or played in a major bowl during his lifetime

in fact Neb has only been ranked in the top 15 once and has been unranked more years during his lifetime than ranked anywhere

maybe the kid values winning more than other recruits

thats funny. thats what many other schools say about kids who pick nebraska. "they only did it for the glitter and hype"
Glitter.....Nebraska. what hole you living in?
I will say most consider Nebraska a blue blood program still.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
News flash: College athletes don't have to move thousands of miles away to get their hands on marijuana.

Although you never know - maybe he was sitting around one day and said, "You know, I think I'll pick Oregon because in just two and a half years, I'll be 21 and I can walk into a dispensary, stand in line behind some boomers, and buy weed over the counter!"

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I don’t know these recruits well enough to judge their decisions and I follow recruiting daily
Regardless of the ones missed this year I celebrate the class that is here
We’ve all been through a year this year I can’t imagine graduating and heading to college at this time
Looking forward to seeing them on the field this spring and fall
Here’s to the class of ‘21, Go Big Red!

At 18 it means that Neb has never had a top 10 finish or played in a major bowl during his lifetime

in fact Neb has only been ranked in the top 15 once and has been unranked more years during his lifetime than ranked anywhere

Idiots out wandering around always get lost..

here you go little buddy..

https://iowa.rivals.com/

You and Oregon fans can compare national championship trophies.

We still have a great class, and I’m pretty excited for them. That being said, I don’t blame a good recruit one bit for choosing Oregon, ND State, K-State, Wyoming, or Iowa State over Nebraska right now. Just is what is is. 4 losing seasons in a row matters to some recruits.

We still have a great class, and I’m pretty excited for them. That being said, I don’t blame a good recruit one bit for choosing Oregon, ND State, K-State, Wyoming, or Iowa State over Nebraska right now. Just is what is is. 4 losing seasons in a row matters to some recruits.

But a lifetime of losing (K-State) doesn’t matter.. Ok guy. Enjoy your sh!thole city.

Reactions: headcard

People get so upset that a recruit sees a non stop shit show and doesn't want to be a part of it.
But our trophy case dammit! It has lots of stuff in it from 3 decades ago. 🤣

But a lifetime of losing (K-State) doesn’t matter.. Ok guy. Enjoy your sh!thole city.

Maybe in your lifetime. In today’s recruits lifetime K-State has been far from a loser. Can’t argue much with the city, but I had a pretty good time in Eugene.

News flash: College athletes don't have to move thousands of miles away to get their hands on marijuana.

Although you never know - maybe he was sitting around one day and said, "You know, I think I'll pick Oregon because in just two and a half years, I'll be 21 and I can walk into a dispensary, stand in line behind some boomers, and buy weed over the counter!"
Oregon decriminalized hard drugs like heroin. In no way think do I think he does drugs I just posted their new attraction.

Oregon decriminalized hard drugs like heroin. In no way think do I think he does drugs I just posted their new attraction.
Yeah I also don’t think 18 year old athletes move thousands of miles so they can only get mandatory rehab when caught with heroin. But if Oregon scores a great recruiting class, this will surely be the reason.

When you can’t find the humor, for lack of a better word, in the Oregon drug comments, you are taking yourself and this stuff far too seriously. I am pretty sure the poster doesn’t honestly believe that this player is going to Oregon because the state decriminalized drugs, nor does he probably believe that the success of Oregon Duck recruiting this year, and in the future, is due to the decriminalization of drugs in that state.

Follow along if you can. Recent news Oregon decriminalized drugs and replaced jail time with rehab. Also recent news, kid from Nebraska chooses Oregon Ducks. After both events above take place, poster on Nebraska board writes something to the effect that the player is probably going to Oregon because of the state’s new drug policies.

When you can’t find the humor, for lack of a better word, in the Oregon drug comments, you are taking yourself and this stuff far too seriously. I am pretty sure the poster doesn’t honestly believe that this player is going to Oregon because the state decriminalized drugs, nor does he probably believe that the success of Oregon Duck recruiting this year, and in the future, is due to the decriminalization of drugs in that state.

Follow along if you can. Recent news Oregon decriminalized drugs and replaced jail time with rehab. Also recent news, kid from Nebraska chooses Oregon Ducks. After both events above take place, poster on Nebraska board writes something to the effect that the player is probably going to Oregon because of the state’s new drug policies.
Fair enough, you're right. I reacted that way because drug-policy-as-a-recruiting-advantage has been raised many times on this board, and not in a joking way. It's one of the dumbest narratives since the days when people actually believed that Nebraska gave out county scholarships.

I seen Westside play on TV this fall about 3-4 times and the games I watched I was mostly impressed with Koby Brert and Cole Payton more than Dickerson play..

Dickerson would have been a big shoot in the arm returning punts which we haven’t found that consistent player returning them..

Even in the 80's and 90's it was cool for some kids usually in the metro to go against the grain. Root for Florida schools, Oklahoma. Osborne himself lost a few top kids in the state and that was in an era where Nebraska was actually good and other schools didn't waste their time recruiting Nebraska because they believed every kid in the state was a 95% lock to go to Lincoln.

I seen Westside play on TV this fall about 3-4 times and the games I watched I was mostly impressed with Koby Brert and Cole Payton more than Dickerson play..

Dickerson would have been a big shoot in the arm returning punts which we haven’t found that consistent player returning them..
I think Frost made a big mistake in not recruiting Payton. That kid looks every bit like a four star QB to me.

I think Frost made a big mistake in not recruiting Payton. That kid looks every bit like a four star QB to me.

Totally agree with you.. how he overlooked him is a disappointment...I’ll be keeping a eye on him in Fargo..

I have cousins who have Bison season tickets and their going to be playing games in few weeks and continue in the early spring..

Last edited:
Oh wait, mebbe hes looking forward to Portland's exciting night life.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Reditus
Frost offered him (as a QB) the day after they won the state title.

he chose to honor his commitment to NDSU.

had he come to NU, he'd probably start at QB and hit 3rd on the baseball team right away.

Reactions: scarletred
Do you think these kids even know what "blue blood" means and do they care about the past?
Oh for sure. Tradition is still Big and definitely better than the pipsqueak schools who have none like okie st, kansas, kansas st, wash st, Mississippi st to name a few

Oh for sure. Tradition is still Big and definitely better than the pipsqueak schools who have none like okie st, kansas, kansas st, wash st, Mississippi st to name a few
I wish we had some of OK State's success the last 20 years.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

You’re not alone in that thinking, DP. Let’a hope he’s not sleeping on Zane Flores out of Gretna until it’s too late.

Reactions: Dean Pope
I wish we had some of OK State's success the last 20 years.
Okie state? What have they won? They can't get past their big brother.
Think your just hurting from the lack of winning since some of the Pelini years.
Things will improve. There is nowhere to go but up. Just relax and be a good Husker Fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT