ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco's defense shutting down Miami

fwiw, cane's were 0-5 in games they had more than 1 week to prepare for (5?) this season and now 1-9 in last 10 bowl games

Hasn't it always been thug nasty?
I'd heard it got bad. Was a tough area, but it went down from there.
Instead of renovating it, powers that be just left the neighborhood.
Funny how the powers that be there, are opposed to such things too.

But yea, all those empty seats in their new stadium,all that tradition, gone.

I didn't watch all of the game but what little I did, Diaco's D looked pretty good. They we're switching up fronts, moving guys around, tackling well and swarming to the ball. I have to give him credit for the way his team played. The game was tight throughout and they never gave in.

Then I ask myself if Nebraska could have shut Miami out? Miami isn't the team of old when we use to go to battle with them but it isn't like they are completely devoid of athletes. Without doubt a good win for a LaTech team.

Reactions: otismotis08
LaTech fan here. After losing our DC Blake Baker to Miami, we were nervous on getting Diaco after seeing his crazy interviews. So far Diaco has been very quiet to the media. He seem to be keeping his head down and focused on coaching reviving his career.

Fyi, Manny Diaz was once DC for LaTech under Skip Holtz. He got canned by Texas under Mack Brown in 2013. Diaz joined the staff in '14 and did an amazing job redeeming himself and later moved on to Miss State and Miami.

Reactions: c3o and CatColumbia
I am not a stars don’t matter guy, but this sure shows how underachieving Miami is.

It happens every year during bowl season. An average team filled with players who think they are better than they really are take a no name team lightly. It's amazing how bad a team can play given a few weeks of uninspired practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
It happens every year during bowl season. An average team filled with players who think they are better than they really are take a no name team lightly. It's amazing how bad a team can play given a few years of uninspired practice.
It's amazing to see the struggles of these Florida schools that used to dominate the football landscape. Guess we're not the only ones...

I didn't watch all of the game but what little I did, Diaco's D looked pretty good. They we're switching up fronts, moving guys around, tackling well and swarming to the ball. I have to give him credit for the way his team played. The game was tight throughout and they never gave in.

Then I ask myself if Nebraska could have shut Miami out? Miami isn't the team of old when we use to go to battle with them but it isn't like they are completely devoid of athletes. Without doubt a good win for a LaTech team.

Our kick-off team would have allowed a touchdown, so no, we would not keep that Miami team scoreless.

Reactions: headcard
It happens every year during bowl season. An average team filled with players who think they are better than they really are take a no name team lightly. It's amazing how bad a team can play given a few years of uninspired practice.

After the game a few Miami players more or less admitted that they were essentially just going thru the motions during practice. It makes betting bowl games difficult when some teams are clearly not motivated after a mediocre regular season.

After the game a few Miami players more or less admitted that they were essentially just going thru the motions during practice. It makes betting bowl games difficult when some teams are clearly not motivated after a mediocre regular season.
Typically, a team that was overrated during the season and now is going down in class for a bowl is a good team to bet against. But I've been burned by that many a time. This year, Alabama fits that profile. And while it's a letdown for Alabama to not be in the playoffs, I bet the Wolverines are very excited to play Alabama. But does anyone want to put their money on Michigan?

I'd heard it got bad. Was a tough area, but it went down from there.
Instead of renovating it, powers that be just left the neighborhood.
Funny how the powers that be there, are opposed to such things too.

But yea, all those empty seats in their new stadium,all that tradition, gone.

Is crappy logistics to play in a stadium 25 miles away from your campus. The old Orange Bowl was 7 miles away. Is like playing an away game to bus up to the Hard Rock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT