ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco

leodisflowers

Assistant Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Wonder if Handsome Bob is having any strain gameplanning against our anemic Offense? Is this the week we score 50+? Can we hold Purdue under 30 ourselves? It'll be interesting to see as sounds like Purdue has already turned on Disco.

Reactions: CatColumbia
It won’t take much to stop our juggernaut offense and Brohm is a more creative play caller than what we offer. Sadly I think Purdue wins.
We're just wanting to play Penn State again to help make up for the victories they robbed from us

First thing I would do if playing Nebraska is put my best (and quickest) DLineman ON TOP of Jergens and watch the snaps go crazy as Cam has to think about blocking too

I can’t believe Purdue isn’t better. They had a lot of offensive weapons. Rondale, Bell, good TE and that white RB. And some young WRs that stepped up when Rondale was out

If he can't figure out that all he has to do is stack the box and defend the short game then he truly does suck LOL
Yep. He doesnt need to drop his safeties more than 10 yards cause we dont have anyone that can hit the broad side of a barn unless of course its a swing pass

A couple very good DL too.
Issue is they have all been hurt in some capacity. Mitchell and watts have been very limited. Like 15 snaps a game. Karlaftis sprained his ankle 1st series of game 2 and is now out with covid. Barnes was ejected in the 2nd half vs Rutgers. Hes a day two pick at LB imo. Behind all those guys are freshman and sophomores. Not much talent.

Also, defense only gave up 30 vs rutger. They returned a kick. It is definitely getting worse. Not sure if its Diaco or injuries, or first year in covid year or what. McCaffery's running ability scares me. Especially without Barnes.

Reactions: headcard
Lubick's body language says he's uncomfortable, but here is what he says about Bob Diaco's defense. I'm not sure he has even scouted dear old Bob based on his answers here...

Per NCAA Total Defense stats https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p2

After three games
Purdue # 60 in Total D - 8 TD's - 408 YPG
Nebraska #84 in Total D - 12 TD's - 436 YPG
Purdue did not have to play Ohio State. They won a close one over Iowa and Illinois and lost close games to NW and Minnesota. The Ohio State game does skew our stats somewhat. I guarantee you that Ohio State would have at least 5 TDs and a whole bunch of yards against Purdue.

Purdue did not have to play Ohio State. They won a close one over Iowa and Illinois and lost close games to NW and Minnesota. The Ohio State game does skew our stats somewhat. I guarantee you that Ohio State would have at least 5 TDs and a whole bunch of yards against Purdue.

True to an extent. But it was OSU's first game and they did not have their running game going early in the year. So what difference would it make? Maybe a spot of two - either way, Purdue's D is ranked higher than ours.

True to an extent. But it was OSU's first game and they did not have their running game going early in the year. So what difference would it make? Maybe a spot of two - either way, Purdue's D is ranked higher than ours.
OSU put up 491 yards and 52 points against us.... That's a lot of yards and TDs. Deleting that game from our stats or adding it to Purdue's most definitely would make a difference in the rank.

Well, it is what it is. The 491 yards is 55 yards over our current average being given up. There are always going to be outliers, that's why they call them averages which do not lie. Points are not calculated on the Total D I looked at. Right now they are giving up 28 less yards per game than we are. No one ever plays exactly the same teams in any year, much less this crazy year. The point is people can say negatives about Diaco's D but statistically they are 20 places better than ours.

Well, it is what it is. The 491 yards is 55 yards over our current average being given up. There are always going to be outliers, that's why they call them averages which do not lie. Points are not calculated on the Total D I looked at. Right now they are giving up 28 less yards per game than we are. No one ever plays exactly the same teams in any year, much less this crazy year. The point is people can say negatives about Diaco's D but statistically they are 20 places better than ours.

Who they play certainly matters

Reactions: scarletred
Who they play certainly matters

Oh, you mean like in playing Illinois who we were picked to beat and got curb stomped. Go back over the last three years and find teams that were average who had break out wins against us. Purdue, Minnesota. It is easy to say oh it's because we had a hard schedule when it really doesn't matter in the end.

Oh, you mean like in playing Illinois who we were picked to beat and got curb stomped. Go back over the last three years and find teams that were average who had break out wins against us. Purdue, Minnesota. It is easy to say oh it's because we had a hard schedule when it really doesn't matter in the end.
Yeah if Nebraska was simply not able to compete with the top-tier teams in the conference, that would be one thing. But the best team Frost has beaten is 2019 Illinois. He's managed to lose to everyone else with a pulse.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Yeah if Nebraska was simply not able to compete with the top-tier teams in the conference, that would be one thing. But the best team Frost has beaten is 2019 Illinois. He's managed to lose to everyone else with a pulse.
Don’t forget he beat the best 0-3 team of all time in 2020 Penn State

It's Diaco. I think he can only communicate with others living in an alternate universe.
Strange dude. Thats for sure. I'm not going to sit here and act like Purdues D is loaded with talent. There is enough talent to be serviceable when healthy, but it hasn't been healthy since the Iowa game.

Diaco is the only DC in the B10 who sits back in coverage more than Chinander...Purdue has some solid guys on D and only have 4 total sacks on the year...

Diaco is the only DC in the B10 who sits back in coverage more than Chinander...Purdue has some solid guys on D and only have 4 total sacks on the year...
They only have 2 solid pass rushers though and they have both been hurt/ have barely played. George was on pace for more than a sack a game before getting hurt.

They only have 2 solid pass rushers though and they have both been hurt/ have barely played. George was on pace for more than a sack a game before getting hurt.

4 sacks is 4 sacks...he does this everywhere he goes. His defense is garbage. Sit back and hope the other team makes mistakes.

4 sacks is 4 sacks...he does this everywhere he goes. His defense is garbage. Sit back and hope the other team makes mistakes.
Thats been the most frustrating part, but the 4 sacks isn't completely on him. Even when they send 6 without karlaftis on the field, they can't get home.

Thats been the most frustrating part, but the 4 sacks isn't completely on him. Even when they send 6 without karlaftis on the field, they can't get home.
LOL. Thought you were talking about Nebraska's scheme for a minute.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT