ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco press conference

Say what you want about the guy, but in listening to some of the local media talk on the local shows, I think the media has been overly hard on Diaco from the start. Why? I think they are still sensitive from the Pelini era. They've poked fun at him for his quirkiness and other things that to me as a fan, I couldn't care less about.

Should he have spoken to the media? Sure. But Coach did say that he believed he didn't have to speak to the media after the game. Now if it were me, I would have spoken to the media, but sometimes it's better to cool off, watch the film and put your thoughts together before saying something that you'll regard.

Reactions: HuskerO
That was great. Love listening to guys like that talk football, now get off his back and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Frozone
I read the LJS article about it.

Meanwhile, other headlines to the side of the article:

North Star Student Killed, 6 Other Injured
Haymarket Business Owner Accused of Felony Child Abuse
Victim of House Explosion Dies

He called out the "whoops, my helmet came off" as BS. Gotta love that.

Also, very clear that he was extremely proud of the fact that the longest play was 29 yards, and 14 on the longest run. Both with YAC after contact at the LOS. Very defensive of his players. If this isn't the guy you run through walls for, who is?

I would be pissed if I were him.
He took a lot of heat for not doing a pressor after the game.

He was told SPECIFICALLY (his words) he would not have post game media responsibilities.

Whoever told him that should own up as it caused Diaco a lot of grief

It's sounds like there was no miscommunication, in fact, Diaco states things were communicated very clearly that he wouldn't be doing post game media.

The media should be criticizing whomever it was who told him he didn't have post game media responsibilities. I can't believe a reporter didn't ask him who told him that.

Bunch of butt hurt children. Coach won't talk to us so let's whine and pout. Some sportswriters need to grow a pair.
Yup, from what I've read in the past, Diaco has been nothing short of respectful and open to our local media. So why didn't they give Diaco the benefit of doubt first?

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I like him. No bs bravado or "they moved around well". I think the defense is in good hands, but talent is definitely in need of an upgrade in certain areas.

ADVERTISEMENT