ADVERTISEMENT

Dez Fitzpatrick

Feb 2, 2016
Card fan here....first time poster.

My longtime child hood friend is a die hard Husker, we have watched MANY games together. Nebraska is no stranger to me.

I understand the animosity but some of the comments are kinda.......well, questionable.

One poster mentioned "congrats to the UofL fans...all 7 of them." Just an FYI we are very well represented, both fanbase wise and $$$ wise (set to crack top 5 and surpass Notre Dame with a $100 mill/year athletic budget ).

I digress, I am surprised we got Dez's pledge. After losing 1st round pick Devante Parker (Dolphins) and 2-3 seniors we brought in a slew of talented receivers. There will be three 4 star soph's and a 5 star senior getting 90% of the reps next year.

BUT...if Dez is patient he will thrive in the Z position in a couple years. Bringing back former 4 star and freshman All-American QB Lamar Jackson and bringing in 5 star Army All-American QB Jawon Pass...Dez will certainly have a the opportunity.

Again, I understand the animosity. You guys have more tradition than us, for sure. Just know that we are a force on the college level. Just won the National Championship in hoops, #1 pre season in Baseball, and perennial top 20 in football the past decade with 2 BCS bowl wins in the past few years (Orange & Sugar)...should have won the NC the Orange Bowl year. One of very few teams that have won the Fiesta, Orange, & Sugar BCS bowls. **Women just went to the National Championship in hoops.

I love my alma mater. Smack talk is a given, so I really don't get that caught up in it. I wish the best for you guys the next few hours until NSD. Goodluck!

Reactions: leodisflowers
Thanks for the post. Hated losing Fitz, especially since he gave his commitment to the coaches just the other day & we told a couple other kids to cancel their OV. Good luck. Still don't like your coach though. Winking

Please! You have two low life's coaching your basketball and football. The majority of schools would never employ them with their baggage and ethics. But Louisville could care less about ethics and integrity. You can have this guy, he will fit in right at Louisville He is full of baggage just like your coaches. Pathetic to come here with that crap!

QUOTE="jcuzzin123, post: 1857613, member: 54988"]Card fan here....first time poster.

My longtime child hood friend is a die hard Husker, we have watched MANY games together. Nebraska is no stranger to me.

I understand the animosity but some of the comments are kinda.......well, questionable.

One poster mentioned "congrats to the UofL fans...all 7 of them." Just an FYI we are very well represented, both fanbase wise and $$$ wise (set to crack top 5 and surpass Notre Dame with a $100 mill/year athletic budget ).

I digress, I am surprised we got Dez's pledge. After losing 1st round pick Devante Parker (Dolphins) and 2-3 seniors we brought in a slew of talented receivers. There will be three 4 star soph's and a 5 star senior getting 90% of the reps next year.

BUT...if Dez is patient he will thrive in the Z position in a couple years. Bringing back former 4 star and freshman All-American QB Lamar Jackson and bringing in 5 star Army All-American QB Jawon Pass...Dez will certainly have a the opportunity.

Again, I understand the animosity. You guys have more tradition than us, for sure. Just know that we are a force on the college level. Just won the National Championship in hoops, #1 pre season in Baseball, and perennial top 20 in football the past decade with 2 BCS bowl wins in the past few years (Orange & Sugar)...should have won the NC the Orange Bowl year. One of very few teams that have won the Fiesta, Orange, & Sugar BCS bowls. **Women just went to the National Championship in hoops.

I love my alma mater. Smack talk is a given, so I really don't get that caught up in it. I wish the best for you guys the next few hours until NSD. Goodluck![/QUOTE]

Card fan here....first time poster.

I love my alma mater. Smack talk is a given, so I really don't get that caught up in it. I wish the best for you guys the next few hours until NSD. Goodluck!

Louisville-hires-bobby-petrino.jpg

Please! You have two low life's coaching your basketball and football. The majority of schools would never employ them with their baggage and ethics. But Louisville could care less about ethics and integrity. You can have this guy, he will fit in right at Louisville He is full of baggage just like your coaches. Pathetic to come here with that crap!

QUOTE="jcuzzin123, post: 1857613, member: 54988"]Card fan here....first time poster.

[/QUOTE]

Breathe cookie monster! The guy didn't say anything bad. Also, I would kill to have Pitino coach NU, so to each their own.

I don't fault him for going wherever he wants. If some of the underhanded things that have been reported are true, well, the NCAA will come calling...again.

Hey Cards fan. It's not your school. Well, maybe it's not your school. Dez just left Nebraska in a lurch, and then his father drops a turd on the entire state of Nebraska afterwards based on a couple of Twitter numbskulls. Best of luck to him and to you guys, but that was not the most impressive act.

We've talked about dominoes lately in terms of Nebraska recruits. But these dominoes work in other ways as well. My oldest boy is a musician and was recruited/offered scholarships by several schools. You have a responsibility to let the schools know if you are not going to accept so they can offer their scholarships to 'Plan B's' and fill their class. It sounds like NU cancelled a couple visits based on Dez's 'word'. It's not only unfair to the school, but those other recruits who got their visits cancelled. Playing these kinds of games up to the last minute is playing with other people's lives.

I apologize if I came off assertive, I have tremendous respect for the Nebraska program.

Just wanted to state that we travel well & have a large fan base.

Really hope we are blessed enough to get a home & home with you guys in football some time in the near future!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT