ADVERTISEMENT

Devron Davis

So he has an offer but we are no longer recruiting him? If that's the case you have to love our chances with Jackson!!! But I do feel bad for a kid that would love to be a husker. No room for 1 more solid DB in the class???

I feel for the kid, maybe if Lamar Jackson doesn't commit then he will be oyr guy. No offense i hope he doesnt get his chance. I want Jackson.

I'm a little confused. So he got an offer, Nebraska is his #1 choice, he isn't visiting, so that means Lamar Jackson may have let his intentions be known to the coaches so they told Davis "no visit for you!"??
Can't we take both Davis and Jackson?? Cause that offer list for Davis is ridiculous!

Reactions: jeans15
Guessing on how things work, Davis was told the schollie was his if Jackson went elsewhere. That's what I'm hearing on this board, correct?

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I'm a little confused. So he got an offer, Nebraska is his #1 choice, he isn't visiting, so that means Lamar Jackson may have let his intentions be known to the coaches so they told Davis "no visit for you!"??
Can't we take both Davis and Jackson?? Cause that offer list for Davis is ridiculous!
It would be nice to get both I agree. But with Tony Butler, Dicaprio Bootle, Marquel Dismuke and JoJo Domann maybe starting his career at safety, adding Jackson too would be 5 DBs.

So he has an offer but we are no longer recruiting him? If that's the case you have to love our chances with Jackson!!! But I do feel bad for a kid that would love to be a husker. No room for 1 more solid DB in the class???

Wait, you're not an Iowa State fan? (seriously)

Putting the pieces together, that's the only option I can come up with, if the report is in fact accurate.

There's a relation between Devron Davis and coach Banker/Riley, I can't remember if it was a family member or a real good friend of his played at Oregon State under Banker. I'm with you, I'd take him regardless but then again, as far as CB's - we have 2 starters returning plus Anderson and Lee from their redshirt year. Add in Bootle, and the possibility of Lamar Jackson....

Reactions: vs540husker
I was under the impression that Davis was a guy that we'd make room for. It would seem that if we felt Farniok was going elsewhere, we'd easily take him with that schollie, because even if Farniok was in the NU fold, we find a way.

Seems a little odd to me then, to hinge Davis on Jackson, unless they are really about sticking to the scholarship budget for positions. Which they quite probably are.

Also rumors of qualifying issues, maybe his transcripts are in and we had to pass

Just a thought

Reactions: jeans15
Wait, you're not an Iowa State fan? (seriously)

Putting the pieces together, that's the only option I can come up with, if the report is in fact accurate.

There's a relation between Devron Davis and coach Banker/Riley, I can't remember if it was a family member or a real good friend of his played at Oregon State under Banker. I'm with you, I'd take him regardless but then again, as far as CB's - we have 2 starters returning plus Anderson and Lee from their redshirt year. Add in Bootle, and the possibility of Lamar Jackson....
I believe it's a cousin of Davis who played at Oregon State.

If Devron was a high as many say he was on Nebraska, I'm surprised he didn't commit earlier. I'm all about taking your visits, but kind of strange he would wait this long.

Yep, he's a JUCO out of California, really wanted the Huskers to offer. This very well could mean something about Lamar Jackson.

I feel ya Tim . I REALLY want this kid REGARDLESS of what Jackson does. I believe the Davis kid can be one of our top 3 CBs immediately.

I love Jackson...don't get it twisted and if I had to choose I'd take Jackson. That said...I want them both.

Holla

It would be nice to get both I agree. But with Tony Butler, Dicaprio Bootle, Marquel Dismuke and JoJo Domann maybe starting his career at safety, adding Jackson too would be 5 DBs.

Not trying to bash u personally BUT did u see our DBs this year? Safeties AND CBs struggled all year iyam. I'd have no problem taking 5 especially considering Davis is a JC and won't be around long while JoJo IMO is a hybrid type and will prolly play as much in the box as he will deep.…jmo of course.

Holla

Not trying to bash u personally BUT did u see our DBs this year? Safeties AND CBs struggled all year iyam. I'd have no problem taking 5 especially considering Davis is a JC and won't be around long while JoJo IMO is a hybrid type and will prolly play as much in the box as he will deep.…jmo of course.

Holla
I agree they all struggled, but got better towards the end of the year. I like the young talent of Eric Lee, Avery Anderson, Aaron Williams. It'll improve IMO.

Who's to say Devron is going to come in and be a beast? Not at all guaranteed.

Devron tweeted last night he would be committing very soon.

Is it possible he selected us and just doesn't bother visiting? With the academic issues potentially, I'm not sure how many schools that scares away and if we are indeed one of them.

I agree they all struggled, but got better towards the end of the year. I lik

e the young talent of Eric Lee, Avery Anderson, Aaron Williams. It'll improve IMO.

Who's to say Devron is going to come in and be a beast? Not at all guaranteed.

Meh... I think As a whole our secondary had an average AT BEST year and I'm leaning much more to below average.

I think Gerry regressed and IMO had a worse year than before. Kali is a nickle TRYING to play CB and though he had a couple nice plays as a whole I'd say he had a below average year as well. Cockrell..IMO also had a below average year at Safety. Then if you want to count Daniel Davie...same thing .

IMO I was more impressed with Chris Jones and feel like he's the only guy back there that played above average football for the year.

Now I agree with you on Aaron Williams..I like his future. I ALSO like Reeds future at a safety spot. I've seen enough of them to say the arrow is definitely pointing up.

As far as Lee and Anderson go I could use the same analogy u did about Davis ...we have no idea if either of them will be a beast. As bad as our CBs was they both STILL redshirted so whose to say they will be the answer??

We never know WHO will come in and be a beast but we do know coaches don't recruit JCs to ride the pine. My guess is they see something they like in Davis more than what they have on campus now. Otherwise why even recruit a JC to begin with.

I'm not saying Davis will be the shit from day one. Nor am I saying Lee and Anderson will suck. Simply saying with the way our secondary played last year we could use all the help we can get. If Davis can help us immediately in the coaches mind I'd love to see him play. Same for Jackson or any other player we are after.

Holla

Reactions: northeastNebraska
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT