ADVERTISEMENT

Devon Jackson, Omaha Burkes OLB/DE...2022 Ne Best?

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska

Rivals hasn’t got a rank for him yet but I’m guessing he’s a sure fire Top 100 talent from right in our back yard and Scott Frost and our Huskers was his first Power 5 offer (second at worst). 24/7 has Jackson ranked as their Top 25 overall player in the country and the BEST OLB in the country...he’s on his way to being a 5 star on 24/7. This ones huge boys and Frost and Ruud are both all over him to lock him down. We NEED to keep this one in State and a Husker. GBR

Last edited:

Rivals hasn’t got a rank for him yet but I’m guessing he’s a sure fire Top 100 talent from right in our back yard and Scott Frost and our Huskers was his first Power 5 offer (second at worst). 24/7 has Jackson ranked as their Top 25 overall player in the country and the BEST OLB in the country...he’s on his way to being a 5 star on 24/7. This ones huge boys and Frost and Ruud are both all over him to lock him down. We NEED to keep this one in State and a Husker. GBR

Starting with keeping Fidone and Dickerson this year will help build the structure to keep the future talent close.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Starting with keeping Fidone and Dickerson this year will help build the structure to keep the future talent close.

im more then confident we get Thomas Fidone. Dickerson is a bit different. He seems more open. I think we ultimately get both but Dickerson will be harder to land. I believe it’s a OSU vs Huskers battle for Dickerson. Plus side is, we can afford to miss out on a DB compared to a TE/WR like Fidone. We have loaded up the talent at DB but are in need of a play maker like Fidone at TE.

also looks good with us getting Keagen Johnson. Dudes either a WR/DB. I think we will get him for sure too.

Last edited:
The Omaha Metro area talent seems to be getting much better. 10 years ago, the recruiting in Nebraska was pretty slim. We keep these kids in Lincoln, we will have a very good start
this is false, as Nebraska preps going elsewhere is a big reason why surrounding states' schools saw a big increase in win %

callahan, bo and riley simply neglected the multiple pros who grew up right under their noses

they will never be forgiven for such gross negligence. not by this poster anyway. they spit down the throat of what made Nebraska Nebraska.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
this is false, as Nebraska preps going elsewhere is a big reason why surrounding states' schools saw a big increase in win %

callahan, bo and riley simply neglected the multiple pros who grew up right under their noses

they will never be forgiven for such gross negligence. not by this poster anyway. they spit down the throat of what made Nebraska Nebraska.
Give me a break. No it’s not false. Your cherry picking

Reactions: Husker_AMG63

Besides Nebraska, there’s a difference in the other schools recruiting the Omaha area now than the past too. I mean Bill Busch has to be renting an apartment in Omaha now of days. And even though some good products did come thru Omaha the last 10 or so years, they weren’t really being recruited by big teams. Recruiting against Iowa and Stanford for them isn’t the same as recruiting against LSU, ND, and tOSU. I don’t mean to downplay not landing kids like Ott, Phillips, and Fant. Wish we’d have landed all 3. But we didn’t. Hoping we can land all the current Nebraska kids with Husker offers

im more then confident we get Thomas Fidone. Dickerson is a bit different. He seems more open. I think we ultimately get both but Dickerson will be harder to land. I believe it’s a OSU vs Huskers battle for Dickerson. Plus side is, we can afford to miss out on a DB compared to a TE/WR like Fidone. We have loaded up the talent at DB but are in need of a play maker like Fidone at TE.

also looks good with us getting Keagen Johnson. Dudes either a WR/DB. I think we will get him for sure too.
Sooooooo nice to have coach Fish

Reactions: huskerssalts
Parents are both athletes at Illinois. Mom went to Burke and ran track. Dad was an all BIG10 safety at Illinois.Good genes.

Parents are both athletes at Illinois. Mom went to Burke and ran track. Dad was an all BIG10 safety at Illinois.Good genes.

agreed. Very good genes. Illinois parents and now they will introduce a Husker son...;). Luckily for us Illinois has never had the same pull like other Blue Blood football teams like our Huskers. GBR

Don't underestimate the Beard.

right...;)

Lovie has done a solid job but this is as good as Illinois will get. They won’t get much better then they are now and I’m sure D Jackson knows this. It’s huge that we offered him first along with his best friend and another Top 250 in state player on the Oline DeShawn Woods. Getting both of those two are huge. Two 4 stars from Nebraska in the same class. GBR

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_8f6ab851-c291-58b5-9c3b-76566ad73b0e.html. Here is a write up on DeShawn Woods and Devon Jackson. It’s a nice read on our two 4 star Nebraska players. GBR

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT