ADVERTISEMENT

Devine Ozigbo starting for Jags?

Trevor Lawrence is probably the reason Fournette was dumped

Jags fans are sure that:
(1) They’ll somehow stumble into enough wins to not get the first overall pick
(2) If they do get the top pick, Lawrence will hold out and not sign with them
(3) The season will be disrupted enough that the draft order will be some random lottery and they’ll miss out.

Fournette has had some problems off and on with the coaching staff. As a Jags fan, Im thrilled Ozigbo looks like he’ll get the starting nod (possibly sharing time with Chris Thompson), but make no mistake this season will be a dumpster fire with their roster.

Fournette has had some problems off and on with the coaching staff. As a Jags fan, Im thrilled Ozigbo looks like he’ll get the starting nod (possibly sharing time with Chris Thompson), but make no mistake this season will be a dumpster fire with their roster.
Really pretty similar backs and Devine is lower paid and doesn't bring any drama to the locker room. I'm very happy for him.

Good for him. Must be the reason they dumped Leonard Fournette.
JMO he will be in mix Thompson will get a lot of time. Look for a FA in mix to. Basically Job is open for the taking. His versatility will give him a shot. Rooting for him though. Ziggy mania

The guy just does his work and moves up the depth chart. His personality is a breath of fresh air over Leonard. I think he adds value to their running game.

Strange to think we had an NFL caliber RB on the roster and after spring and fall evaluations the coaches had him third in line behind Greg Bell and Mo Washington to start the 2018 season.

Strange to think you are looking for ways to throw the coaching staff under the bus.

Wait... not strange at all. Totally expected from you.

I mean how much more NFL talent has this staff been sitting on and couldn’t recognize it? Thank goodness for Oz that the 2 in front him flamed out and he got his chance. Feel sorry for the kids who may have missed out on their dreams due to questionable talent eval.

I mean how much more NFL talent has this staff been sitting on and couldn’t recognize it? Thank goodness for Oz that the 2 in front him flamed out and he got his chance. Feel sorry for the kids who may have missed out on their dreams due to questionable talent eval.
maybe let's take Ozigbo's own words into account instead of, as usual, drawing conclusions straight from your lower intestine:

HV: Take me through your transformation from junior year to senior year under Coach Frost. How did you trim down and tell us about the advice you took to heart from Coach Held and company to get more playing time?

DO: When it came to doing the little things right, that was something they wanted to do. I had to get my body in the best shape and be conditioned enough to do those things at a constant level. Definitely transformed my body in the weight room thanks to Coach [Zach] Duval, and what they put us through helped me transition that to the field. Then once I got to playing fast and I had a pretty good grasp of the offense, I got to really, really play fast.

That was one thing Coach [Scott] Frost and Coach [Ryan] Held always harped on. They wanted guys to go fast, play without thinking, just do your job, and they can coach you if you make a mistake at 100 percent but you’ve got to move at 100 percent. That was one thing I feel like everyone on the team took to. We practiced hard and we practiced fast, and just being able to do that so much, to rep it so much in practice, when it transitioned to the game it was kind of easy to keep that tempo and try and score as many points and make big plays during games because we made it such an emphasis to play that way in practice.

HV: What was the moment of buy-in for you?

DO: I was pretty much on board as soon as I heard there was going to be a switch. Just knowing who Coach Frost was and what he did at UCF, I felt like if he’s the type of guy I’m hearing about and he did that at a school [like UCF], I can trust him.

When they came in, they came in really honest and really fair as far as getting an open shot. And I really appreciated that. As long as they’re being honest and giving everyone a fair shot to go out there and make plays and earn a spot, I was pretty much bought in.

HV: When you got opportunities, you performed, but you didn’t get a ton of opportunities until the new staff came in. Why didn’t you play more before?

DO: Honestly, I asked, I tried to figure it out, they gave me little things to try and correct and even once I corrected those my situation didn’t change so honestly I still don’t know. Other than maybe the fact they just didn’t like how I was fitting the offense, I don’t know what was the reasoning behind it.

He wasn't an NFL caliber back until Frost showed up. They transformed him into one. Coach Frost let him earn his run and never looked back. Cannot say that for previous coaching staffs.

I'm sure you'll find a way to spin this, but it's your prerogative. Carry on, and don't let facts get in the way of your chimplike shit-tossing.

maybe let's take Ozigbo's own words into account instead of, as usual, drawing conclusions straight from your lower intestine:

HV: Take me through your transformation from junior year to senior year under Coach Frost. How did you trim down and tell us about the advice you took to heart from Coach Held and company to get more playing time?

DO: When it came to doing the little things right, that was something they wanted to do. I had to get my body in the best shape and be conditioned enough to do those things at a constant level. Definitely transformed my body in the weight room thanks to Coach [Zach] Duval, and what they put us through helped me transition that to the field. Then once I got to playing fast and I had a pretty good grasp of the offense, I got to really, really play fast.

That was one thing Coach [Scott] Frost and Coach [Ryan] Held always harped on. They wanted guys to go fast, play without thinking, just do your job, and they can coach you if you make a mistake at 100 percent but you’ve got to move at 100 percent. That was one thing I feel like everyone on the team took to. We practiced hard and we practiced fast, and just being able to do that so much, to rep it so much in practice, when it transitioned to the game it was kind of easy to keep that tempo and try and score as many points and make big plays during games because we made it such an emphasis to play that way in practice.

HV: What was the moment of buy-in for you?

DO: I was pretty much on board as soon as I heard there was going to be a switch. Just knowing who Coach Frost was and what he did at UCF, I felt like if he’s the type of guy I’m hearing about and he did that at a school [like UCF], I can trust him.

When they came in, they came in really honest and really fair as far as getting an open shot. And I really appreciated that. As long as they’re being honest and giving everyone a fair shot to go out there and make plays and earn a spot, I was pretty much bought in.

HV: When you got opportunities, you performed, but you didn’t get a ton of opportunities until the new staff came in. Why didn’t you play more before?

DO: Honestly, I asked, I tried to figure it out, they gave me little things to try and correct and even once I corrected those my situation didn’t change so honestly I still don’t know. Other than maybe the fact they just didn’t like how I was fitting the offense, I don’t know what was the reasoning behind it.

Coach Frost let him earn his run and never looked back. Cannot say that for previous coaching staffs.

His words confirm he had no idea why he wasn’t played more and there is no such thing as a “lower intestine

Why didn’t you play more before?

His words confirm my impression and there is no such thing as a “lower intestine

Why didn’t you play more before?

he's referring to previous coaching staffs there, genius. you know, the ones who coached him and played him sporatically every year prior to Frost's arrival. thanks for playing.

your head rests firmly within your rectum, and it clouds your eyesight whenever you pop it out long enough to post trash takes on this board.

you left out an important sentence before your quote. let me finish that for you: but you didn’t get a ton of opportunities until the new staff came in. Why didn’t you play more before?

you continue to prove yourself as the biggest asswipe going. congrats.

he's referring to previous coaching staffs there, genius. you know, the ones who coached him and played him sporatically every year prior to Frost's arrival. thanks for playing.

your head rests firmly within your rectum, and it clouds your eyesight whenever you pop it out long enough to post trash takes on this board.
apologies - my error - thank you for pointing that out

Why was he behind Bell and Mo Washington?

From Sam McKewon:
Credit Frost and running backs coach Ryan Held for making the right call. Ozigbo wasn’t their recruit. Bell was. But Held kept the competition open and communication lines clear.

“He’ll tell you straight up, he’ll let you know, he’ll be clear with the whole room,” Ozigbo said of Held. “There’s nothing to hide, there’s no secrets here. It’s definitely something that helps, just knowing exactly what the picture is.”

he was out of shape, wasn't practicing well and wasn't their guy until he earned it.

why was he behind Tre Bryant the year before? why had he never earned regular time at all prior to Frost's arrival?

piss off. that prior post wasn't a mistake, it was intentional and proves your poop colored glasses shade everything negatively when it comes to your least favorite coach.

apologies - my error - thank you for pointing that out

Why was he behind Bell and Mo Washington?
Mo’s talent was undeniable. It was his head that was wrong. Maybe Bell played faster early on.

You do realize that people can climb the depth chart if they improve, correct?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
From Sam McKewon:
Credit Frost and running backs coach Ryan Held for making the right call. Ozigbo wasn’t their recruit. Bell was. But Held kept the competition open and communication lines clear.

“He’ll tell you straight up, he’ll let you know, he’ll be clear with the whole room,” Ozigbo said of Held. “There’s nothing to hide, there’s no secrets here. It’s definitely something that helps, just knowing exactly what the picture is.”

he was out of shape, wasn't practicing well and wasn't their guy until he earned it.

why was he behind Tre Bryant the year before? why had he never earned regular time at all prior to Frost's arrival?

piss off.

Oz‘s jump in fitness really seemed to coincide with Bell quitting and Mo folding like origami any time a defender came near

they overlooked NFL talent in favor of their own recruits even though both were mentally weak and one was a charged felon

Reactions: TheNewNU
I really don't want to get in the middle of this argument but I am having a hard time seeing Bell and Washington as big time lifters/workers. Washington never did get his body where it needed to be. Bell looked tentative and certainly didn't have any power game to him. Just my observations.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
why had he never earned regular time at all prior to Frost's arrival?

he had the most rushing attempts of any player in 2017. The gap between his number of carries and the player with the 2nd most carries was far wider in 2017 than 2018

I really don't want to get in the middle of this argument but I am having a hard time seeing Bell and Washington as big time lifters/workers. Washington never did his body where it needed to be. Bell looked tentative and certainly didn't have any power game to him. Just my observations.
Matt Davison told SF when he got here they needed immediate help at RB because what they had (Tre Bryant, DO, Mikale Wilbon) Werent any good. If I were Scott I wouldnt be putting too much stock in Davisons talent evals anymore.

he had the most rushing attempts of any player in 2017. The gap between his number of carries and the player with the 2nd most carries was far wider in 2017 than 2018
in 2017, he ran the ball 41 times more than the second most back, Wilbon, and averaged 3.8 yards/carry.

in 2018, he ran the ball 68 times more than the second most back, Mo, and averaged 7 yards/carry.

the ability to deceive is not one to be proud of. if you're going to post stats, post stats. don't be a manipulative liar.

Ozigbo wasn't an NFL talent until Frost & Co got here. Frost gave him the most playing time of any prior staff.

why is this so difficult?

Matt Davison told SF when he got here they needed immediate help at RB because what they had (Tre Bryant, DO, Mikale Wilbon) Werent any good. If I were Scott I wouldnt be putting too much stock in Davisons talent evals anymore.
he was right. when Frost got here, Ozigbo didn't look anything like he did when he finished his career.

Ozigbo is quoted crediting Frost's staff over and over for the transformation of his body and game.

this is a good thing if you're interested in player development under our current regime. it's a bad thing if you want to throw shade at every turn a la our resident chimp, @jlb321

in 2017, he ran the ball 41 times more than the second most back, Wilbon, and averaged 3.8 yards/carry.

in 2018, he ran the ball 68 times more than the second most back, Mo, and averaged 7 yards/carry.

the ability to deceive is not one to be proud of. if you're going to post stats, post stats. don't be a manipulative liar.

Ozigbo wasn't an NFL talent until Frost & Co got here. Frost gave him the most playing time of any prior staff.

why is this so difficult?

what was false about this statement?

Total percentage of team rushing attempts by Oz

2017 - 35%
2018 - 33%

as to your question of
"why had he never earned regular time at all prior to Frost's arrival?"

it is pretty obvious he had earned regular player time - he led the team in carries in 2017

what was false about this statement?

Total percentage of all rushing attempts by Oz

2017 - 35%
2018 - 33%
I said it's deceptive and manipulative, as in 2018, the player with the second most carries was the quarterback under a brand new offensive scheme. in 2017 you're comparing RB carries.

you're intentionally comparing apples and oranges.

you leave out the fact that in 2018, while his share of overall carries dropped due to extraordinarily obvious circumstances, he still toted the ball 26x more than he did the prior year with a higher share.

yet another pathetic, passive aggressive attempt to crap on your least favorite coach. what cowardice it must take to hide behind false narratives over and over and over.

it's too bad. once in a blue moon you have a good point. posts like these make it impossible to take them seriously.

as to your question of
"why had he never earned regular time at all prior to Frost's arrival?"

it is pretty obvious he had earned regular player time - he led the team in carries in 2017
that jump in playing time seemed to coincide with Bryant's injury and Wilbon's folding like origami every time a defender came near.

this is fun! please, keep going!

that jump in playing time seemed to coincide with Bryant's injury and Wilbon's folding like origami every time a defender came near.

this is fun! please, keep going!

I'm not going to argue with the premise you are proving that Frost and Riley are pretty good matches of talent evaluation at Nebraska

I'm not going to argue with the premise you are proving that Frost and Riley are pretty good matches of talent evaluation at Nebraska
one left a guy out of shape and buried on the depth chart

the other left the same guy headed to the NFL

more manipulation. more cowardice. more passive aggressiveness. more of the same from you, asswipe.

I'm all for honest discussion. if you ever have a good point, come on back.

leave this trash in your brain where it belongs.

I think we all thought the same thing about Devine at the time.

I mean that last year from Ozigbo was night and day different from what he had shown before.

I will go by what Devine said publicly about it.

I'm sure that the coaches have bias toward their own recruits too. We are all human, but Held is not really a guy I would target as being a problem on the staff.

They got rid of the prior OC, and I suspect the new guy will help Frost see things more clearly, as sometimes I had trouble understanding what was going on with them giving an inside back outside carries and vice versa (Mills/Washington)

If there is bias (and I think there is) it's at a different position, and have beaten that horse to death, so won't get into it here.

Devine himself tells you that he credits SF & Staff with transforming his play on the field.

So that isn't about the staff ignoring an NFL quality guy, that is a guy buying in and becoming an NFL guy because of their development.

one left a guy out of shape and buried on the depth chart

the other left the same guy headed to the NFL

more manipulation. more cowardice. more passive aggressiveness. more of the same from you, asswipe.

I'm all for honest discussion. if you ever have a good point, come on back.

leave this trash in your brain where it belongs.

you do have a point

it looks like one guy with an out of shape RB as their leading rusher and Tanner Lee won a pathetic 4 games

and the other guy had a 1000 yard rusher (an NFL back) and a Freshman all-american QB and still was only able to cobble together a pathetic 4 wins

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
you do have a point

it looks like one guy despite having an out of shape RB as their leading rusher and Tanner Lee won 4 games

and the other guy had a 1000 yard rusher (an NFL back) and a Freshman all-american QB and still was only able to cobble together 4 wins
thanks. just terrific stuff here. I'll accept the deflection as admittance you've been thoroughly owned when it comes to this topic.

until next time, chimp!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT