ADVERTISEMENT

((Developing)) Chumlee from Pawn Stars jailed on drug and weapon charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm laughing cause that's what I do when something goes this much over my head. I admit it, I don't get it. Take it up with the person who you think wronged you, I cannot tell you how weird it feels to read about a post I made years ago, that triggered you about something I had zero to do with, that has you this angry at me. I don't get it, but I am amused.

Reactions: huskerj12
It's my understanding Olivia prefers women over men and pretty raunchy pictures, Rebeca is married but still pretty hot
If she has much more raunchy stuff, my google-fu needs improving. I remember when this post came out years ago, I did an exhaustive search to see these fireable videos that Olivia was in. All I could find was naked pics of her and her cool tattoos. Big deal.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Tj
I would rather hear how you stuck it to them in Court. If you have a success story in fighting them, that would inspire others to not just take the insurance companies' crap at face value.

There, actually, are bad faith laws. Don't EVER trust an insurance company. If they earn it on a case by case basis, then gradually let them earn that trust, but don't give it away.

In a different, uninsured motorist case than the teenager, where the drunk that hit me with a 0.29 blood alcohol, and where the policy limits weren't even that high, my injuries were extensive including brain and spinal injuries., The claims people were making me jump through many, many hoops and, actually lied to me several times. I, actually, called the office of the CEO and offered to take the policy limits minus what I would have to pay an attorney. They, after several of my calls back because, naturally they didn't call me back, they told me that I would HAVE to hire an attorney.

I was active duty USAF, so the statute of limitations was extended while I was on active duty for civil cases. To make a very long story shorter, all tolled, they screwed me over for a total of 17 years.

They spent much more money fighting me than the policy limits would pay me, but that was because the KNEW they had committed bad faith and exposed themselves for a very large liability.

After they finally settled, they tried to get me to sign a statement that I couldn't discuss the case with anyone and that I wouldn't sue them for bad faith. I wouldn't sign it. Their attempt, actually, gave more ammunition for bad faith.

I can't talk about whether I later sued for bad faith or didn't. But, I will say that someone I know intimately, in fact, so intimately that I can, literally, read their thoughts, sued an insurance company for bad faith and received a substantial settlement.

Fortunately, I made it to retirement from the USAF, but barely, and am now disabled. I won't name the company, but figure out that I was military and there is a company that specializes in insuring military people. By the way, they have a well established reputation for treating people like this among the legal people.

Okay, so is this thread about Pawn Stars, Assholes or Insurance Claims/Fraud 101?

Asking for a friend.

It's the off season and the recruiting dead period and almost the dog days of summer. What would you expect?

I'm laughing cause that's what I do when something goes this much over my head. I admit it, I don't get it. Take it up with the person who you think wronged you, I cannot tell you how weird it feels to read about a post I made years ago, that triggered you about something I had zero to do with, that has you this angry at me. I don't get it, but I am amused.

you must laugh a lot (all the time) for all the crap that has to be going over your head

Redondo, I am not your enemy. I didn't hit your car years ago, or settle your claim. I'm actually the most complimented adjuster at my company, in the history of the company, by people who's claims I've handled. My company actually had a certificate designed just for me, to give to me, for my outstanding customer service. You don't get that for screwing people, so please back off, and you are wrong about getting bonuses for settling claims for less money, that is completely illegal and we don't have any kind of program like that here, so again, back off. You know not what you speak of. Some of our clients have been so impressed with my level of service they insist on me handling their larger losses (we're talking multi millions dollar losses here) and the only way to do that in a timely sometimes is put me on a private jet to get my feet on the ground somewhere quickly, I have pictures of me on said jet, many times over. You don't send somebody without integrity to some of these places at this expense, if I was the person you think I am. I could go on and on but you get my point.

I'm also not buying everything your selling, you seem really angry, like irrationally angry about this, something doesn't seem quite right to me and I suspect there's some holes in your story but frankly, at this point I just don't care.

Last edited:
Redondo, I am not your enemy. I didn't hit your car years ago, or settle your claim. I'm actually the most complimented adjuster at my company, in the history of the company, by people who's claims I've handled. My company actually had a certificate designed just for me, to give to me, for my outstanding customer service. You don't get that for screwing people, so please back off, and you are wrong about getting bonuses for settling claims for less money, that is completely illegal and we don't have any kind of program like hat here, so again, back off. You know not what you speak of.

I'm also not buying everything your selling, you seem really angry, like irrationally angry about this, something doesn't seem quite right to me and I suspect there's some holes in your story but frankly, at this point I just don't care.

I suspect tou NEVER really care. What, are you not just an adjuster but really a trained psychologist or psychiatrist? No, you are not. Can you read minds, also? Are you board certified in your medical specialty?

Holes in my story? what do you want to know? go ahead and ask. I have nothing to hide and am interested in the truth of what happened and how I have been treated to inform others to not put up with the bs that insurance adjusters hand out.

You are correct. I don;t know you and prefer not to. I am just countering the rationalized statements you and other adjusters have put out to justify poor treatment of policy holders who have signed contracts with, and relied upon, companies who are expected and agreed to deal in good faith, but who, unfortunately, have not in far too many cases.

Angry? how did you guess that? I am astounded. Yeah, why would I be angry? 17 years worth of lies to me and resultant anger. They had the audacity to say I was the liar here. You're not buying what I am selling? I don't really give a rat's @$$ what you think. Your guild is given a small amount of power over people and you seem to get an inflated sense of omnipotence. And that is abusive.

Let me give you an example. When I would call the company and ask why I was being treated so shabbily, I would be told the old, tired excuse that the company had to look out for their other policy holders. I would ask them what did they think I was? I had to remind them that I was a policy holder, too, with whom they had a signed contract, and that I wasn't some fraud coming out of the woodwork.

You are not the guy that injured me, I know, but you made some half assed statements very similar to what I had heard for years and I am calling you out for them to inform others of the bullshit that goes on, so they can be informed enough to refuse the kind of bullshit you have put out. And you can't seem to be able to defend those statements and seem to be saying I am not telling the entire story. Again I have nothing to hide and will answer any related question in my case.

Some of your most successful businessmen are frequently described as "assholes".

Frequently I have to tell people that their (insert their now totaled Harley, motorhome, car, whatever) isn't worth what their seeking from the ins. company. Sometimes they view me as an asshole afterwards when I tell them, "We owe you what you reasonably could have expected to sell it for before it was totaled, and if you advertised your 1983 Harley Sportster for $12,000 pre accident, your phone would never ring, let alone sell" From that point on, I am an asshole when they retell their story to friends, family, and co-workers. When in reality, no matter how you present the news, if it isn't what they want to hear, I'm an asshole.

Those pawn Shop guys are super successful and have made bank and I have no doubt they offend many people along the way who didn't get what they were hoping for when they attempted to do business with them. Whether it be a real estate agent trying to sell them property, or guys wanting retail + for an item that wasn't worth what they thought. My guess is, their pretty cool dudes you'd have a great evening with over some cold one's.

Far as Chumlee goes, outside the meth, and who' meth was it anyway? This is pretty much no biggie for me. Weed and a gun are something you'd find in a lot of people's homes. Now if the meth is Chumlee's, he is probably done and it would be understandable. I hope it wasn't his.

I've had an insurance company, big one, try to get me to lie to save them money in an accident that was my fault. Attempting to put blame on the other driver. Apparently not understanding that people are forced to pay them hundreds a year for such an occasion. If you make money in a way that does not provide a service, or create something new, or improve the world then you are already sucking from society. If you are an asshole while you do it, it is even worse. Certain people are opportunists that work the system in the fringes, taking advantage of oversight or poverty. That is not something to be proud of...and if you do it...you should always have a smile on your face.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I've had an insurance company, big one, try to get me to lie to save them money in an accident that was my fault. Attempting to put blame on the other driver. Apparently not understanding that people are forced to pay them hundreds a year for such an occasion. If you make money in a way that does not provide a service, or create something new, or improve the world then you are already sucking from society. If you are an asshole while you do it, it is even worse. Certain people are opportunists that work the system in the fringes, taking advantage of oversight or poverty. That is not something to be proud of...and if you do it...you should always have a smile on your face.

My son's ex girlfriend's father was killed by an 18 year old drunk driver. They were both insured by state farm. Do you think her mom got any money from state farm?

If you say no, bingo, you are absolutely correct. Not one stinking dime.

Insurance companies are crooked as hell. I wish there was a way that they could be heavily regulated to help prevent some of the crap they try to pull.

And no offense to the guy that is the adjuster, but I would be too embarrassed to admit that I worked for an insurance company that I would probably lie to people and tell them that I was a shift runner at McDonald's or something. I mean, how can you in good conscience work for a company whose only objective is to rip people off for a profit, much less be proud of working for them? Incredible.

Hey good morning fella's!!! I DO work for an insurance company, love my job, I do it with honor and integrity (and well I might add), and I sleep wonderfully at night, and I appreciate the laughs this morning!! I also get to work from home, and am off every day at 3:30, and with an hour for lunch, I get to take a nap every single day!! It's pretty great.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!! I will.

Last edited:
I'll jus have to chalk up what's happening in this thread as something I'll probably never get, but if it brings you guys therapeutic value to point your shotguns in my direction and empty both barrels then I'm glad I could help. I do understand the benefit to venting, so you're welcome!!

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I'm an insurance agent, and I can tell you my dealings with state fraud err..farm aren't much different. They refuse to pay claims. However, not all insurance agents/companies are bad. My job is to protect what you have, not screw you over.

Hey good morning fella's!!! I DO work for an insurance company, love my job, I do it with honor and integrity (and well I might add), and I sleep wonderfully at night, and I appreciate the laughs this morning!! I also get to work from home, and am off every day at 3:30, and with an hour for lunch, I get to take a nap every single day!! It's pretty great.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!! I will.

Good for you. Yes, and don't forget to mention all the awards you have gotten. They, also let felons out of jail for good behavior. Convicted murderers sleep well at night, too.

So, you admit you don't have to work very hard. I bet that's where some of that money your insurance company screwing people out of by not paying claims is going. Obviously, they pay for your over inflated salary for the amount of "work" you do, or don't do as you admit.

I'll bet your mommy is very proud of you.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I'm an insurance agent, and I can tell you my dealings with state fraud err..farm aren't much different. They refuse to pay claims. However, not all insurance agents/companies are bad. My job is to protect what you have, not screw you over.

Well, that's called attempting to make the victim whole, again. They other guy believes it is based on some sort of make believe buy and sell agreement. Probably part of his piss poor training.

I'll jus have to chalk up what's happening in this thread as something I'll probably never get, but if it brings you guys therapeutic value to point your shotguns in my direction and empty both barrels then I'm glad I could help. I do understand the benefit to venting, so you're welcome!!

I believe you are sincerely telling the truth when you state you'll never get it. That's called being "clueless".

Talk about therapeutic? You must be prone to masochism to keep coming back here to comment on some things that are indefensible.

Maybe consider re-registering on here with a different name and never mention you are an adjuster, again, and you wouldn't subject yourself to
this "unreasonable" abuse--unless down deep you think you deserve it..

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT