ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Howard= delusional homer..

Michigan for the Natty isn’t the worst pick ever.

They are gonna be a serious football team this year.

Last edited:
That's what "they" say. "They" say a lot of things.

Sounds good, but I’m not “they”. Michigan will have a top 3 defense, a guy who can make plays at QB, and 5 guys who started games on the OL. I get that it’s popular on here to say that Harbaugh is overrated, but I’m guessing people won’t be saying that after this year.

Sounds good, but I’m not “they”. Michigan will have a top 3 defense, a guy who can make plays at QB, and 5 guys who started games on the OL. I get that it’s popular on here to say that Harbaugh is overrated, but I’m guessing people won’t be saying that after this year.

The same has been said for many years. We'll soon see. I do love good defensive football. Michigan used to be my number 2 team until we joined the B1G. Ann Arbor is cool and I love UM's traditions. Don't like Harbaugh.

Reactions: VictorVal
Herbstreit is worse with Ohio State, sometimes you can see him holding his homerism back

Couldn't disagree more. Herby is awesome and I accept a little homerism when an analyst played at a certain school, I like the passion personally, but I also think he does a great job of being pretty balanced and Ohio State is one of the top teams in the country every year, so it isn't like he's picking a longshot to win when he does it, or some low level school to sneak into the CFB playoff. I love Herbie, he's one of the better one's out there IMO.

I’m not high on Michigan like others. Harbaugh had halfway decent teams under his watch and he failed. Who’s to say he’s going to have a better team this year?

Harbaugh made some changes in the offseason. And those changes have already shown up. Cant wait to see the Huskers in Ann Arbor.

Btw, I've alwayed respected Nebraska and became a Frost fans over the years. But, im a Michigan Man.

I’m not high on Michigan like others. Harbaugh had halfway decent teams under his watch and he failed. Who’s to say he’s going to have a better team this year?

Harbaugh has won everywhere he has coached. Had terrible administration in San Francisco which has recently come to light, was at Stanford, where it is nearly impossible to win regularly. And now he is in a perfect situation with unlimited support. From 2007 to the Harbaugh signing, Michigan averaged 6.8 wins per season. They were nebraska bad for an extended period of time. With Harbaugh they are averaging over 9 wins a season. They won 8 game last year with almost no senior class because of Hokes ineptitude and also because of injuries. 8 wins is a down year for Harbaugh! Because of top recruiting they are really stacked...not sure they can beat OSU, WISKY, MICHIGAN STATE, PENN STATE, OHIO STATE to make it to the playoff but they will be a top 10 team for sure. Not looking forward to taking a true frosh to the big house.

Harbaugh has won everywhere he has coached. Had terrible administration in San Francisco which has recently come to light, was at Stanford, where it is nearly impossible to win regularly. And now he is in a perfect situation with unlimited support. From 2007 to the Harbaugh signing, Michigan averaged 6.8 wins per season. They were nebraska bad for an extended period of time. With Harbaugh they are averaging over 9 wins a season. They won 8 game last year with almost no senior class because of Hokes ineptitude and also because of injuries. 8 wins is a down year for Harbaugh! Because of top recruiting they are really stacked...not sure they can beat OSU, WISKY, MICHIGAN STATE, PENN STATE, OHIO STATE to make it to the playoff but they will be a top 10 team for sure. Not looking forward to taking a true frosh to the big house.
I'm 100% sure that if they lose to OSU, Wisky, MSU, PSU, and Ohio State, they won't be a top ten team.

Biggest reason Michigan has had limited success is inability to find a serviceable QB...they now have a proven playmaker. If Patterson can cut down on turnovers, they’ll be tough for anyone to beat.

Reactions: VictorVal

Harbaugh did not sleep this off-season.

A new S&C staff that has made a difference already. Players are visably stronger in the lower body. Its a whole new culture in the wieght room. And they run more often too. They plan to lift during the season.

The new offensive line coach has simplified things. They are moving people off the ball better. The pass pro has improved as well. From rbs, tes and lineman. Pass pro was simplified.

Qb play should be vastly improved with Shea Patterson....And Brandon Peters has starting experience.

A defense that was third in the nation and honestly should be better with more depth all around. Lots of sophmores and third year players pushing for pt. 9 starters return. Don Brown is still the DC.

Michigan was one penalty away from the BiG championship game in 2016, although we took a step back in 2017. It was a young team.

I wont make any bold predictions but Im high on this crew for the above reasons.

You forgot to add ND to the list of teams they can’t beat...

This is why I don't bet CFB, I suck at it. I picked Michigan, and now for the first time since Hargod got there, I'm starting to doubt he'll get it done there. Plenty of season left and if ND rolls this year it won't look so bad in two months, but that was not a good way to start the season, no way to spin it.

Why did Harby take out Mccaffrey when all he did was lead them to like 3 first downs in a row and put their sputtering all world transfer Patterson back in to prompty stall their drive?
Michigans O is shaky at best and their D didnt resemble a steel curtain tonight at least to me.

Reactions: bigredhunter
Harbaugh did not sleep this off-season.

A new S&C staff that has made a difference already. Players are visably stronger in the lower body. Its a whole new culture in the wieght room. And they run more often too. They plan to lift during the season.

The new offensive line coach has simplified things. They are moving people off the ball better. The pass pro has improved as well. From rbs, tes and lineman. Pass pro was simplified.

Qb play should be vastly improved with Shea Patterson....And Brandon Peters has starting experience.

A defense that was third in the nation and honestly should be better with more depth all around. Lots of sophmores and third year players pushing for pt. 9 starters return. Don Brown is still the DC.

Michigan was one penalty away from the BiG championship game in 2016, although we took a step back in 2017. It was a young team.

I wont make any bold predictions but Im high on this crew for the above reasons.

Maybe it’s time to stop listening to Chris Balas....

Reactions: SOHusker11
This is why talk is cheap and you need warm up games like Akron :p Walking out to play a team like ND or Michigan your first game is a crap shoot.

Maybe it’s time to stop listening to Chris Balas....

I take it with a grain of salt. Expected a better outing last week in South Bend.

The pass pro was a joke. Didnt see that coming. But, Michigan needed a warm up game and they got that in Western Mich.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT