ADVERTISEMENT

DeShawn Woods cracks Top 100 on Rivals....another in state talent.

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/rivals-begins-unveiling-top-100-in-class-of-2022

This could be the first time in years where the Huskers land back to back to back top 100 offense of lineman in 3 straight recruiting classes. First one being Turner Corcoran, then Teddy Prochazka and now we should be adding DeShawn Woods in the near future (Bryce Benhart just missed the Top 100 but was close enough to consider here). I love seeing us load that Oline up. GBR

Last edited:
If we can haul in all this recent local talent it’ll be a great foundation to build on.
We just gotta start looking better on the field starting now ... (post-covid quarantine now).

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/rivals-begins-unveiling-top-100-in-class-of-2022

This could be the first time in years where the Huskers land back to back to back top 100 offense of lineman in 3 straight recruiting classes. First one being Turner Corcoran, then Teddy Prochazka and now we should be adding DeShawn Woods in the near future (Bryce Benhart just missed the Top 100 but was close enough to consider here). I love seeing us load that Oline up. GBR
Poor lil ol Bryce ;) Just missed the cut

Last edited:
He was very close. Hell, he could have easily made the cut. Either way, Benhart, Banks, Corcoran, Prochazka and hopeful Woods...that’s some serious talent on the Oline. And that’s all talent within the 500 mile range too...GBR
Ummm, you forgot CJ
Everyone says, we haven't had a O line for so long.
I've gone on about how this staff has like one qtr of the top 50 players all time from TOS.
We saw CJ slowly form into a decent player he'd never played before, we know Jaimes is a top player in the Big, so, he's done very well, and didn't have the rating these guys do.

My guess is, Austin knows what he's doing, SF knows what he wants,body types, nasyness etc. Austins been that guy, saw it first hand here.
We are loaded with guys at this level coming in or redshirted.

Those are facts, the future looks bright in these dreary days

Last edited:
Ummm, you forgot CJ
Everyone says, we haven't had a O line for so long.
I've gone on about how this staff has like one qtr of the top 50 players all time from TOS.
We saw CJ slowly form into a decent player he'd never played before, we know Jaimes is a top player in the Big, so, he's done very well, and didn't have the rating these guys do.

My guess is, Austin knows what he's doing, SF knows what he wants,body types, nasyness etc. Austins been that guy, saw it first hand here.
We are loaded with guys at this level coming in or redshirted.

Those are facts, the future looks bright in these dreary days

Good catch. Cam Jurgens is definitely in that mix. A once Top 100 recruit that transformed to the Oline. He will definitely make it to the NFL when it’s all said and done. Our run of pour olines are over with. I’ll go as far as saying we won’t see another bad Oline again while Scott Frost is our head coach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT