ADVERTISEMENT

DeSean Jackson

If the best defense of being a racist is stupidity then it would be seem to be a shitty defense. Doesn’t make me feel better or worse to have it said to anyone. Just seems the talking heads in sports who have been mostly pushing for the root out racism where it exists to decide stupidity is now in this case an acceptable justification.
I noticed you lacked any specific examples for that assertion.

Stop feeding BeaverBoy. He is too emotive and has problems with issue sorting. There is certainly a media bias in these situations. Also appears most here agree with freedom of speech. I would also hope people can see the hypocrisy at play, no matter how benign you percieve it to be. Ignoring little things now turns into normalization tomorrow.

Ladies, ladies, I'm not even mad. I'm having a good laugh at your expense today. It's actually funny you think "the left" are all the fragile ones. Railing against being "PC" and "quit culture" but then one WR says something trite and stupid and you'll all be damned if somebody doesn't relieve him of his job!!!

Oh and while I'm laughing at you I'm building out my ignore list. The mods aren't interested in removing you from my sight, but I can.

Lol. So You want the mods to cancel us? I think the issue is you take a side in a lose lose. This thread was intended to poke at the hypocrisy of our current cancel culture that only aims in one direction. I dont give a shit what he said. Just shaking my head at the hypocrisy. You defend the madness and that Is your choice.

Ladies, ladies, I'm not even mad. I'm having a good laugh at your expense today. It's actually funny you think "the left" are all the fragile ones. Railing against being "PC" and "quit culture" but then one WR says something trite and stupid and you'll all be damned if somebody doesn't relieve him of his job!!!

Oh and while I'm laughing at you I'm building out my ignore list. The mods aren't interested in removing you from my sight, but I can.

“Artguy” takes offense to your pejorative use of the word “ladies.”

Reactions: leodisflowers
I noticed you lacked any specific examples for that assertion.

I listed to ESPN radio over the course the afternnon and early evening. Sorry for not writing down the names of the hosts for you. The lineup is posted on their radio website for you.

You can point to the hypocrisy without being pissed. Hard to imagine, I know. Your stance is fine, but it is designed to shut out thought and not take a stance. So why even say anything? To elevate your perceived idea that you possess a superior ability to ignore issues you dont find important?

Reactions: baseball31ne
I feel that football and sports in general need to take a backseat to what is going on in America right now. What DeSean Jackson posted were propagandist words that were part of a campaign of hate that led to the Holocaust. It is not easily forgivable and should not be. I honestly believe he is flaunting his 'black privilege' to say racist things about other groups with impunity. I don't agree with cancel culture and there needs to be a massive pullback in how social justice is so disproportionately harsh in its treatment of whites. What Jackson posted in my opinion is not tolerable, however. If he was on a team that I followed I would be protesting and demand his release. If a Nebraska player posted something like this I would want them off the team immediately.

For those pushing the idea that this is being under reported and/or will be swept under the rug somehow, what factual evidence are you basing that on?

This just happened in the last few days. But if you Google "DeSean Jackson" or even just "DeSean," you'll find stories from the following outfits among many others.

AP
Washington Post
New York Times
LA Times
Boston Globe
Chicago Tribune
NBC News
NBC Sports
CBS Sports
ESPN
SI
NFL.com
Sporting News
Newsweek
USA Today
etc.

And that's just the results from the first few pages. Just like all the other asshats spewing ignorant garbage and/or acting out in public, this story is literally everywhere.

I disagree when people use google to find links to say “see this story got a lot of attention!” That doesn’t mean that at all. Just because news sites have an article about it doesn’t mean it was pushed in any way, (Front page, TV, social media, etc) hell you had to google it first didn’t you?

People only learn about stories from it being pushed on them in some way. I don’t know anything about how pushed this story was. I can tell you this site is the first I’m hearing of it. But if you don’t see patterns in how certain stories are pushed compared to others, regardless of if you can “find a link to CNN on google” then you’re as blind as a bat and googling for links is not “proof” of a story actually getting *attention*.

Reactions: RedMyMind
It was all over fox sports radio on Tuesday and it the lead story that popped up on my tablet last night. So it's gotten play. Any other team and I think he would have been gone. Guy must be one of the dumbest people in the world. Why post that?

I disagree when people use google to find links to say “see this story got a lot of attention!” That doesn’t mean that at all. Just because news sites have an article about it doesn’t mean it was pushed in any way, (Front page, TV, social media, etc) hell you had to google it first didn’t you?

People only learn about stories from it being pushed on them in some way. I don’t know anything about how pushed this story was. I can tell you this site is the first I’m hearing of it. But if you don’t see patterns in how certain stories are pushed compared to others, regardless of if you can “find a link to CNN on google” then you’re as blind as a bat and googling for links is not “proof” of a story actually getting *attention*.

It was all over the place, man. You didn't have to Google to find the story; a Google search just *verified* that the story was convered by *literally* everyone, including the big, bad liberal media.

If you missed it, you simply weren't looking. And if you get your news from Husker Online, well...

Reactions: jlb321
Well it isn't like DeSean had the audacity to wear an OAN shirt during his time off fishing with his sons...that was simply unforgivable. What DeSean said is way better. This will go away, very quietly.

What a DUMB statement. Saying one racist statement is not as offensive another racist statement. You might want to ask a Jew what they think of DeSean's statement (And of course it will go away faster. The press is liberal)

You're saying my post was disingenuous or the media's reporting of the event has been disingenuous? Both?

It seems disingenuous to me to say the story is under reported and then move the goalposts to now say it's widely reported but in too forgiving a manner. If that's the case, perhaps that take should have been offered up first? Regardless, both are sweeping generalizations that no one has backed up with any facts.

Many of those same outfits ran an earlier story about his comments and have since ran a followup story on his "apology." Of course a Google search would turn up the more recent stories. That said, I haven't seen any credible news outlet frame their apology story as "excusable." If anything, the commentary has been pretty damning with several calling for the Eagles to cut ties.

Drew Brees was a hot topic for a few days, then he apologized, then things quickly died down. We're still in the midst of this story so hard to say what the outcome will look like. But all I'm seeing ITT so far is confirmation bias.

What would happen to Drew Bees, if he posted DeSean Jackson's post?

LOL "if he isn't publicly bullied on social media." Is your twitter broken? I haven't looked but let me guarantee right now I can find people ripping him on twitter in about 5 seconds.

UPDATE: Yeah that took 10 seconds of effort he's getting ripped on Twitter. But...wait for it...you'll never believe this. Not everyone agrees on the issue!

Did you actually make any attempt to see if it happened or were you just looking to whine?

Gundy still has his job btw. You gonna be ok? You need a safe space today so you don't feel so attacked?

lol

What a DUMB statement. Saying one racist statement is not as offensive another racist statement. You might want to ask a Jew what they think of DeSean's statement (And of course it will go away faster. The press is liberal)

sarcasm

Cancel culture in effect. "I don't like what you posted." Cancel!!! lol.

Reactions: BigRedRising
What would happen to Drew Bees, if he posted DeSean Jackson's post?

I have no idea. Not going to speculate on a thinly-veiled "gotcha" attempt.

If you want to draw a comparison, Riley Cooper is more apt. If you play for the Eagles, apparently you can drop an N-bomb on camera (as a white player) or post anti-Semitic garbage (as a black player) and not get cut or even suspended.

Last edited:
This is the boomerang affect I've talked about before. If you're going to bully people over a t-shirt of a news channel you don't watch yourself and fire people for saying all lives matter, and rail on Bree's because he thinks people should stand for the anthem, it's going to blow up in your face when people like DeSean says what he did and is allowed to get away with it, and we're not going to take anything that comes from your mouths very serious on social justice, anything. It's one great big double standard and the only time certain people care about this stuff is if you can paint a white conservative guy as the villain, otherwise they aren't interested, so we aren't either.

you need to watch www.projectveritas.com

for everyone in America, this is a must watch. Right, left, black, white, Hispanic, asian, Jewish, middle-eastern, male, female, whatever gender you feel comfortable with or created today. Watch projectveritas. These guys are destroying the public enemy #1 in America- its media. Social media to television news. Doing great undercover work to expose the propaganda and the media’s agenda.

we all know that DeSean got a pass on this compared to the rest of the world. Maybe it’s reverse racism, maybe it’s timing, but oh well. The world wanted to burn Brees at the stake a month ago but now it’s “oh Jax made a mistake, it’s ok”. And forget Riley Cooper. We are way past that crap. That’s a different world a long long time ago. We weren’t a cancel culture McCarthyism state back then

This is the boomerang affect I've talked about before. If you're going to bully people over a t-shirt of a news channel you don't watch yourself and fire people for saying all lives matter, and rail on Bree's because he thinks people should stand for the anthem, it's going to blow up in your face when people like DeSean says what he did and is allowed to get away with it, and we're not going to take anything that comes from your mouths very serious on social justice, anything. It's one great big double standard and the only time certain people care about this stuff is if you can paint a white conservative guy as the villain, otherwise they aren't interested, so we aren't either.

Gundy didn't lose his job or get "canceled."
Brees didn't lost his job or get "canceled."
Riley Cooper didn't lost his job or get "canceled."
And, it appears, DeSean won't lost his job or get "canceled."

You keep referring to "you" and "they" as if there's some committee of people reviewing and making decisions on all these cases. If there are inconsistencies in the bigger picture, it's a result of one organization having a higher/lower standard of tolerance than another. Don't you want that? You're against societal groupthink, right?

If you have a problem with a certain organization's decision, direct your angst at that organization instead of some boogeyman "bully" that can't be pinpointed or held accountable. In this case, it was likely just the owner and GM, both of which are Jewish, that made the call here.

Bear in mind, again, that the Eagles didn't cut or suspend Riley Cooper, a very white player, when he dropped an N-bomb caught on camera. I can't speak to their rationale then, but it was baffling at the time given the lengths NFL teams (usually) go to avoid controversy or anything that might impact the bottom line from a marketing standpoint.

And it's not like Cooper was some superstar that was worth the headache. He was a starter, but certainly not a difference-maker. No one would have criticized them for cutting his sack and yet, they choose to keep him around and actually resigned him to a new contract.

Now, for whatever reason, they appear taking a similar path with DeSean. I think both are/were mistakes, but you can't say they aren't consistent as an organization. The New Orleans Saints and Oklahoma State University don't have decision-making powers in matters related to the Philadelphia Eagles. Nor do any other social justice warriors expressing their views on social media.

It appears you won't consider or even acknowledge evidence or information that challenges your views. Riley Cooper is easily the most relevant and direct comparison to DeSean, yet I see no mention of his name from you or anyone on this board that typically agrees with your posts.

But since you're intent on pointing out a double standard, let me ask you a question. Were you this outraged when Riley Cooper was given a pass?

You keep referring to "you" and "they" as if there's some committee of people reviewing and making decisions on all these cases. If there are inconsistencies in the bigger picture, it's a result of one organization having a higher/lower standard of tolerance than another. Don't you want that? You're against societal groupthink, right?

If you have a problem with a certain organization's decision, direct your angst at that organization instead of some boogeyman "bully" that can't be pinpointed or held accountable. In this case, it was likely just the owner and GM, both of which are Jewish, that made the call here.

Bear in mind, again, that the Eagles didn't cut or suspend Riley Cooper, a very white player, when he dropped an N-bomb caught on camera. I can't speak to their rationale then, but it was baffling at the time given the lengths NFL teams (usually) go to avoid controversy or anything that might impact the bottom line from a marketing standpoint.

And it's not like Cooper was some superstar that was worth the headache. He was a starter, but certainly not a difference-maker. No one would have criticized them for cutting his sack and yet, they choose to keep him around and actually resigned him to a new contract.

Now, for whatever reason, they appear taking a similar path with DeSean. I think both are/were mistakes, but you can't say they aren't consistent as an organization. The New Orleans Saints and Oklahoma State University don't have decision-making powers in matters related to the Philadelphia Eagles. Nor do any other social justice warriors expressing their views on social media.

It appears you won't consider or even acknowledge evidence or information that challenges your views. Riley Cooper is easily the most relevant and direct comparison to DeSean, yet I see no mention of his name from you or anyone on this board that typically agrees with your posts.

But since you're intent on pointing out a double standard, let me ask you a question. Were you this outraged when Riley Cooper was given a pass?

Lots of peoole have been canned for the examples I laid out...and Brees and Gundy got slaughtered for their comments far worse than Desean for a fraction of an offense. Stopped reading after you tried to pretend the things I typed aren't true.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Lots of peoole have been canned for the examples I laid out...and Brees and Gundy got slaughtered for their comments far worse than Desean for a fraction of an offense. Stopped reading after you tried to pretend the things I typed aren't true.

Tried to pretend? Okay there, litespeed. Another convenient cop out for you. If someone disagrees, no matter how thorough an argument they lay out, you can just say they're "pretending" that you're not speaking the truth. Very creative.

What did I say that wasn't true? I know you won't respond directly because that wouldn't work in your favor, but I'll pose the question anyway. Enlighten me, please.

(Warning: actually answering my question will require you to read my entire post.)

Last edited:

-when did Gundy move to the NFL? besides dude was wearing a TV network t-shirt. Seriously going to compare that to clear anti-Semitic remakes. Really?

-cooper thing was a million years ago- before trayvon martin. He’d have had to change his name and move out of the country if he did that today. You can’t compare what the hell happen 7 years ago to today. Things are way different. Should have he been fired, hell yes. Two wrongs don’t make it right

- Brees disagrees with kneeling at the anthem. Cancel culture took that extremely too far

Nice try. My grandma is Jewish and I find what he did very offensive

Reactions: OzzyLvr

No. Cooper happened what, 7 years ago? The environment today (remarkably it seemingly has some how gotten much worse) isn't remotely the same.

you need to watch www.projectveritas.com

for everyone in America, this is a must watch. Right, left, black, white, Hispanic, asian, Jewish, middle-eastern, male, female, whatever gender you feel comfortable with or created today. Watch projectveritas. These guys are destroying the public enemy #1 in America- its media. Social media to television news. Doing great undercover work to expose the propaganda and the media’s agenda.

we all know that DeSean got a pass on this compared to the rest of the world. Maybe it’s reverse racism, maybe it’s timing, but oh well. The world wanted to burn Brees at the stake a month ago but now it’s “oh Jax made a mistake, it’s ok”. And forget Riley Cooper. We are way past that crap. That’s a different world a long long time ago. We weren’t a cancel culture McCarthyism state back then

I’ve seen some of the stuff from Veritas and I love what they do. I need to watch more. They exposed CBS putting out totally staged Covid coverage to blow it way out of proportion. Unbelievable stuff and of course the rest of the brotherhood media was pretty silent about it. It saddens me to the core that the majority of our people are duped every single day by this fake two-party media/government complex. It needs to be stopped.

Last edited:
Gundy and Brees are millionaires. If they caved to public pressure that's there own fault. The Eagles are consistent. What else is there to say? Equal treatment for a stupid white guy and a stupid black guy.

-when did Gundy move to the NFL? besides dude was wearing a TV network t-shirt. Seriously going to compare that to clear anti-Semitic remakes. Really?

-cooper thing was a million years ago- before trayvon martin. He’d have had to change his name and move out of the country if he did that today. You can’t compare what the hell happen 7 years ago to today. Things are way different. Should have he been fired, hell yes. Two wrongs don’t make it right

- Brees disagrees with kneeling at the anthem. Cancel culture took that extremely too far

Nice try. My grandma is Jewish and I find what he did very offensive

I didn't make the comparisons to Brees and Gundy. That was litespeedhuskerfan. I simply pointed out that, for all the bellyaching about those two, they didn't lose their multi-million dollar jobs and thus, weren't subject to "cancellation."

But now you've made the sizable leap in logic that I somehow implied that what each of Brees, Gundy and DeSean said/did was on the same level. I would ask you to point out where I did that but I know you can't. My god you guys like to fabricate shit on the fly.

If you'd actually read what I've written about the issue, I've repeatedly referred to the stuff that DeSean posted as hateful, anti-Semitic garbage. I personally find it reprehensible. I'm also on record as disagreeing with the Eagles decision to keep him. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. I would have cut him immediately.

As for Riley Cooper, keep telling yourself it's not a relevant comparison. As soon as the DeSean story hit basically every media outlet imaginable, Cooper's slur was immediately brought up. If you don't think the Eagles' handling of that situation set a precedent that informed their decision on DeSean, you're fooling yourself.

Just like you guys like to pose hypothetical situations, what if the Eagles had cut DeSean? They would have been raked over the coals for a racial double standard. So they took the cowardly way out by choosing the lesser of two evils (in their eyes).

In that regard, I agree with you: two wrongs don't make a right.

Last edited:
No. Cooper happened what, 7 years ago? The environment today (remarkably it seemingly has some how gotten much worse) isn't remotely the same.

Won't bore you with a repeat post but with regards to the relevance of Riley Cooper comparisons, see my response to spinner4.

The environment isn't the same, no, but just like with MeToo, there isn't a statute of limitations on outrage. Not saying it should be that way. Just saying that's the way all of MeToo/TimesUp/BLM/etc. has gone. No one's safe no matter how much time has elapsed since (*insert transgression here*) happened.

As for Riley Cooper, I'm not the one dragging his name out of the woodwork. It was brought up as soon as the very first DeSean stories ran. Multiple talking heads on ESPN and articles on Yahoo referring to the "flawed precedent" the Eagles set when they gave him a pass.

Won't bore you with a repeat post but with regards to the relevance of Riley Cooper comparisons, see my response to spinner4.

The environment isn't the same, no, but just like with MeToo, there isn't a statute of limitations on outrage. Not saying it should be that way. Just saying that's the way all of MeToo/TimesUp/BLM/etc. has gone. No one's safe no matter how much time has elapsed since (*insert transgression here*) happened.

As for Riley Cooper, I'm not the one dragging his name out of the woodwork. It was brought up as soon as the very first DeSean stories ran. Multiple talking heads on ESPN and articles on Yahoo referring to the "flawed precedent" the Eagles set when they gave him a pass.

You said that it is the most apt comparison. I disagreed. ESPN and articles are going to find ways out of disciplining Jackson if they can, and they are using Riley to do so.

Reactions: baseball31ne
You said that it is the most apt comparison. I disagreed. ESPN and articles are going to find ways out of disciplining Jackson if they can, and they are using Riley to do so.

Same organization, same decision maker(s). Not only another Eagles player, but even another wide receiver. I don't how it could get more apt, but we can agree to disagree. All good.

ADVERTISEMENT