ADVERTISEMENT

DeSean Jackson

which government controls the Eagles’ roster moves?

he’s not facing criminal charges, he’s being tarred and feathered by the public.
I don't think he disagrees with you on that. He was merely clarifying the sentiment I posted. Actually speaking freely when a certain U.S. Senator was the Senate majority leader could get you audited a number of years ago. I had a friend who received an in person audit 3 times in one tax year after writing critical things about her Senator. Yeah he lost his next election.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRedRising
Have listened to about three or four different talking heads give their view on his initial quotes and his apology afterwards. Short summary.... black guy who is lent a racist or anti Semitic just ignorant or stupid. Doesn’t sit well with me as a defense... he is too dumb to be a bigot.

Think he ends up with not much of an actual consequence other than having to see people defend his bigoted statements with him being too dumb to know better

I don't think he disagrees with you on that.
Correct. Again, I staunchly support everyone's right to say whatever they want, to whoever they want. You might get your ass kicked or killed, you might push someone over the edge, you may alienate your business, That's the way she goes. But freedom of speech is about not being persecuted by government for your speech, less about hurting ones feelings.

This was a really good listen/watch. Great perspective on football culture and NFL culture in particular. Schwartz is extremely level headed and has a terrific sense of humor about things. Never knew much about the guy but I'm a fan after that.
Weird situation made weirder with the Riley Cooper situation a few years ago. They kept him.

Weird situation made weirder with the Riley Cooper situation a few years ago. They kept him.

Was just going to post something similar. The Eagles didn't cut or even suspend Cooper for his racial slur in 2013. And that was with LeSean McCoy and others wanting him gone. So if they give DeSean a pass, it wouldn't be the first time and you really can't argue that it's due to his race.

However, I don't buy "ignorance" as an excuse for what he posted. Ignorance of the law isn't a valid excuse for breaking one and neither should ignorance excuse anyone from negative reactions to the free speech they choose to exercise.

Also tired of empty non-apologies being used as an eraser for foolish words/actions.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I'm hoping Jackson gets cut or at least suspended, because:
  1. He deserves it for being an idiot, and
  2. I want to see how Cooper only getting fined + Jackson getting cut can still = Giant Bitchfest

Last edited:
A little disengenous. A number of those reported on his apology and frame it up as excusable due to ignorance. Just compare that to drew Brees being the leading national story for something far less controversial, with people from every crack and crevice coming out to destroy him. Nobody in the NFL stands against hate for Jews? Seems off, that's all.
No comparison in stories. Future Hall of Fame white QB saying something at a time of public protests is different than a minority close to washed up WR saying something about another minority (one that is not publicly demonstrating vs. police brutality). But Brees owned it and is trying to make amends. Brees made it clear that he is not in line with small minded, under educated racists.

Anti Semitism is also problem in this country, but it's not the hot button issue right now. I believe the Eagles owner and more than several other owners, agents and NFL officials are Jewish. DeSean will have to also make amends for what he said or else he may find his oft-injured rear end out of the league soon.

Last edited:
No comparison in stories. Future Hall of Fame white QB saying something at a time of public protests is different than a minority close to washed up WR saying something about another minority (one that is not publicly demonstrating vs. police brutality). But Brees owned it and is trying to make amends. Brees made it clear that he is not in line with small minded, under educated racists.

Anti Semitism is also problem in this country, but it's not the hot button issue right now. I believe the Eagles owner and more than several other owners, agents and NFL officials are Jewish. DeSean will have to also make amends for what he said or else he may find his oft-injured rear end out of the league soon.

What did Brees own and how is he trying to make amends.

Brees said he couldn't see anyone taking a knee for the National Anthem (I feel the same for that matter). Jackson slammed an entire ethnic group. And 2020 is not 2013. If a white player would have said that yesterday, what would have happened? Would the commissioner have said anything by now? Eagles are in quite a dilemma.

Anti Semitism is also problem in this country, but it's not the hot button issue right now. I believe the Eagles owner and more than several other owners, agents and NFL officials are Jewish. DeSean will have to also make amends for what he said or else he may find his oft-injured rear end out of the

Freaking barf.

Have listened to about three or four different talking heads give their view on his initial quotes and his apology afterwards. Short summary.... black guy who is lent a racist or anti Semitic just ignorant or stupid. Doesn’t sit well with me as a defense... he is too dumb to be a bigot.

Think he ends up with not much of an actual consequence other than having to see people defend his bigoted statements with him being too dumb to know better

What you just described is the definition of soft bigotry. Get use to it because you will be seeing much more of it in the near future.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Wow. Reading this, it is obvious that white guys have it really, really hard. So much crying and whining!

It is unadulterated hate speech. There is no massaging it or spinning it any other way. In the current climate, he should have been out on his ass 5 seconds after it was posted,
The problem is that there is so much hate speech these days that DeSean's comments look a little tame. Too many idiots shooting their mouth off these days and a lot of snowflakes pointing fingers to say "what about them!"

Plus, if Jackson stays healthy and can help the Eagles win, he will get a second chance. We all know that there is a double standard when it comes to talented athletes. If he was a fringe player, he would have been cut as soon as word got out.

The problem is that there is so much hate speech these days that DeSean's comments look a little tame. Too many idiots shooting their mouth off these days and a lot of snowflakes pointing fingers to say "what about them!"

Plus, if Jackson stays healthy and can help the Eagles win, he will get a second chance. We all know that there is a double standard when it comes to talented athletes. If he was a fringe player, he would have been cut as soon as word got out.

No, his hate speech isn’t tame at all, it’s inarguably totally hateful and bigoted. Much of the other “hate speech” going on these days is drummed up and fabricated (see Drew Brees), and not inflammatory, except for those who want it to be.

Seems like most of the outrage here is centered around why other people aren’t more outraged

due to double standards that are as plain as day. We all know certain victim groups have a shield that they like to exploit and hide behind.

If it is a meaningful issue to you get out there and voice your displeasure and demand change - if society thinks it is an important enough issue the ground swell will be there

organize outside of the Eagles facility - put pressure on the NFL - convince Nike to pull all Eagles merchandise from the web site - convince other corporate sponsors to pull advertising and support

Ha! The ole “you poor privileged people” response, as if someone who isn’t a minority has no place calling out racism, bigotry, and double standards. Well done derp.
The fact that you think I am referring to you should tell you something.

When it comes to cancel culture, ones who are allies to the cultural revolution will be protected until they are disposable/not worth the negative press.

Seeing how the BLMO is anti-Semitic, I doubt they put pressure on DeSean. He is a supposed victim and will most likely go unscathed. Terry Crews on the other hand...

Would it make you feel better if I told you white guys who are racists/anti-semites are also some combination of stupid and ignorant?

The lack of irony in this thread from a bunch of the same guys who want "Yew snowflakes" to "git over it" when the shoe is on the other foot is just delicious.

Answer to everything is that somebody should shut up and quit their cryin' and stop wanting the world to solve your problems for you right up until YOU feel attacked. Then somebody needs to do something!

You guys don't really follow football or what? DeSean Jackson has a pretty consistent history of being a moron who happens to be just really really GD fast. Why you acting shocked he did something moronic again?

The reason Jackson is still in the league and Riley Cooper isn't has very little to do with their skin color or communication skills around culture, and more to do with the fact that under "40 time" for Riley Cooper it says: 4.53

"Where's the outrage??" You guys are hilarious, like this isn't the same league that so many white dudes talked out their ass about never watching again because they weren't sending guys to the gulag for kneeling. Where isn't the outrage? Does any of us ACTUALLY know a guy who never watched a game again over that?

I saw Stephen Jackson said "He is speaking the truth". That's hilarious. He was instrumental in the public eye with the whole George Floyd deal. He hasn't seen big checks in a while, and now he is going full Kaepernick. He will be an endorsed mascot soon.

Reactions: leodisflowers
The lack of irony in this thread from a bunch of the same guys who want "Yew snowflakes" to "git over it" when the shoe is on the other foot is just delicious.

Answer to everything is that somebody should shut up and quit their cryin' and stop wanting the world to solve your problems for you right up until YOU feel attacked. Then somebody needs to do something!

You guys don't really follow football or what? DeSean Jackson has a pretty consistent history of being a moron who happens to be just really really GD fast. Why you acting shocked he did something moronic again?

The reason Jackson is still in the league and Riley Cooper isn't has very little to do with their skin color or communication skills around culture, and more to do with the fact that under "40 time" for Riley Cooper it says: 4.53

"Where's the outrage??" You guys are hilarious, like this isn't the same league that so many white dudes talked out their ass about never watching again because they weren't sending guys to the gulag for kneeling. Where isn't the outrage? Does any of us ACTUALLY know a guy who never watched a game again over that?

Agreed. It's almost like people don't know what they're allowed to be outraged over this week.

I'm not a fan of cancel culture.The point here is that many people have lost jobs and have been ruined for saying things as innocuous as 'All Lives Matter'.

DeSean cannot get away with a simple 'my bad' for his egregious statements. He needs to do more or pay a heavier price. Not saying he needs to lose his job, but I want a more equal application of punishment for crimes against political correctness. The fact that the SJW crowd will remain silent tells me everything I need to know about them.

Last edited:
So, for those saying "it is being covered by the media," I keep up on the news relatively well and the first I saw of it was this thread. Maybe I just missed it everywhere, but it seems like it isn't getting much coverage considering how controversial what he said is. I really don't care, heck I didn't even know about it until reading this thread, just an observation.

What I find most interesting is the comparison between the reaction to him vs Brees. Brees's comments weren't directly about a specific race just about his view on kneeling for the flag. When asked, he commented on his views about the act, not the people. He was eviscerated for it, has apologized multiple times, and there is still reporting on why people don't accept his apologies.

OTOH, Jackson shared specifically racist comments about a specific race, thinking he was quoting Hitler of all people and still being cool with it, and the majority of the reporting is on his apology and how he didn't know better. Its also kind of interesting that with the initial backlash he said people "took his post the wrong way" which kind of skirts responsibility for it, before he made his actual full on apology, but that kind of got glossed over.

I'm a pretty hardcore libertarian, and pretty close to a free speech absolutist. I think both of them should be able to say what they want, and people should be able to criticize both of them if they want. People are free be critical of both, one or the other, and neither if they so choose. To me, the odd part is the media coverage and shaping of the narrative more than anybody's individual reaction or feelings.

I'm interested to see what the Eagles do. They fined Riley Cooper for yelling a racial epithet at a concert in 2013, so they did kind of set a precedent.

Last edited:
If DeSean is allowed to keep his job and he isn't publicly bullied on social media, and if 80% of the talking head media doesn't rail on him for days over this, don't expect me to give a flying crap next time somebody says a white conservative said or did something as offensive as wearing an OAN shirt. I will just roll my eyes and think back to this moment when people couldn't minimize DeSean's latest, in a very long line of offensive comments, fast enough. The social justice warriors can kiss my white ass from here on out, is what I'm saying.

So, for those saying "it is being covered by the media," I keep up on the news relatively well and the first I saw of it was this thread. Maybe I just missed it everywhere, but it seems like it isn't getting much coverage considering how controversial what he said is. I really don't care, heck I didn't even know about it until reading this thread, just an observation.

What I find most interesting is the comparison between the reaction to him vs Brees. Brees's comments weren't directly about a specific race just about his view on kneeling for the flag. When asked, he commented on his views about the act, not the people. He was eviscerated for it, has apologized multiple times, and there is still reporting on why people don't accept his apologies.

OTOH, Jackson shared specifically racist comments about a specific race, thinking he was quoting Hitler of all people and still being cool with it, and the majority of the reporting is on his apology and how he didn't know better. Its also kind of interesting that with the initial backlash he said people "took his post the wrong way" which kind of skirts responsibility for it, before he made his actual full on apology, but that kind of got glossed over.

I'm a pretty hardcore libertarian, and pretty close to a free speech absolutist. I think both of them should be able to say what they want, and people should be able to criticize both of them if they want. People are free be critical of both, one or the other, and neither if they so choose. To me, the odd part is the media coverage and shaping of the narrative more than anybody's individual reaction or feelings.

I'm interested to see what the Eagles do. They fined Riley Cooper for yelling a racial epitaph at a concert in 2013, so they did kind of set a precedent.
Epithet.

If DeSean is allowed to keep his job and he isn't publicly bullied on social media, and if 80% of the talking head media doesn't rail on him for days over this, don't expect me to give a flying crap next time somebody says a white conservative said or did something as offensive as wearing an OAN shirt. I will just roll my eyes and think back to this moment when people couldn't minimize DeSean's latest, in a very long line of offensive comments, fast enough. The social justice warriors can kiss my white ass from here on out, is what I'm saying.
LOL "if he isn't publicly bullied on social media." Is your twitter broken? I haven't looked but let me guarantee right now I can find people ripping him on twitter in about 5 seconds.

UPDATE: Yeah that took 10 seconds of effort he's getting ripped on Twitter. But...wait for it...you'll never believe this. Not everyone agrees on the issue!

Did you actually make any attempt to see if it happened or were you just looking to whine?

Gundy still has his job btw. You gonna be ok? You need a safe space today so you don't feel so attacked?

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I'm not a fan of cancel culture.The point here is that many people have lost jobs and have been ruined for saying things as innocuous as 'All Lives Matter'.

DeSean cannot get away with a simple 'my bad' for his egregious statements. He needs to do more or pay a heavier price. Not saying he needs to lose his job, but I want a more equal application of punishment for crimes against political correctness. The fact that the SJW crowd will remain silent tells me everything I need to know about them.
SJWs are useful idiots caught in a radical religious-type movement.

Would it make you feel better if I told you white guys who are racists/anti-semites are also some combination of stupid and ignorant?

If the best defense of being a racist is stupidity then it would be seem to be a shitty defense. Doesn’t make me feel better or worse to have it said to anyone. Just seems the talking heads in sports who have been mostly pushing for the root out racism where it exists to decide stupidity is now in this case an acceptable justification.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT