ADVERTISEMENT

DeSean Jackson

BigRedRising

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 31, 2019
Will the pendulum of "social justice" swing toward a black man spewing hate for another demographic? I doubt it.

Reactions: nickhaze
tenor.gif

Reactions: Swiv3D
The free speech Nazis need to go away. I don’t care what these people say. The old saying sticks and stones. Pretty soon it will offend someone if they see me going to a Catholic Church, or a Methodist Church. If mr Jackson doesn’t like Jews that’s his business but he better no get upset if someone calls him something.

For the record. I believe in free speech, even extremely offensive speech. I do however love to see failed, hypocritical ideology eat itself quietly in public. "Cancel Culture" to be specific.

Despicable rhetoric - albeit free speech

now the Eagles are free to decide if they want to cut him and Eagles fans are free to boycott the games and merchandise if he continues to play

For those pushing the idea that this is being under reported and/or will be swept under the rug somehow, what factual evidence are you basing that on?

This just happened in the last few days. But if you Google "DeSean Jackson" or even just "DeSean," you'll find stories from the following outfits among many others.

AP
Washington Post
New York Times
LA Times
Boston Globe
Chicago Tribune
NBC News
NBC Sports
CBS Sports
ESPN
SI
NFL.com
Sporting News
Newsweek
USA Today
etc.

And that's just the results from the first few pages. Just like all the other asshats spewing ignorant garbage and/or acting out in public, this story is literally everywhere.

For those pushing the idea that this is being under reported and/or will be swept under the rug somehow, what factual evidence are you basing that on?

This just happened in the last few days. But if you Google "DeSean Jackson" or even just "DeSean," you'll find stories from the following outfits among many others.

AP
Washington Post
New York Times
LA Times
Boston Globe
Chicago Tribune
NBC News
NBC Sports
CBS Sports
ESPN
SI
NFL.com
Sporting News
Newsweek
USA Today
etc.

And that's just the results from the first few pages. Just like all the other asshats spewing ignorant garbage and/or acting out in public, this story is literally everywhere.
A little disengenous. A number of those reported on his apology and frame it up as excusable due to ignorance. Just compare that to drew Brees being the leading national story for something far less controversial, with people from every crack and crevice coming out to destroy him. Nobody in the NFL stands against hate for Jews? Seems off, that's all.

Many could care less about what people say. Why let somebody control you with their words?
Control me with their words huh? That's a stretch. So, would say, getting a response from you be controlling you with my words than? Nice try. It is a satire post. I think it's funny, and I staunchly support his right to alienate himself publicly through his speech

Reactions: dinglefritz
May have more to do with potential/actual party affiliation than skin color. Certainly both factors. I just found it odd that this story is so underreported in our current social climate.
It was talked about half the on 3 different sports talk shows I listened too today. If mahomes wouldnt have signed his deal then it probably would have been the whole day.

A little disengenous. A number of those reported on his apology and frame it up as excusable due to ignorance. Just compare that to drew Brees being the leading national story for something far less controversial, with people from every crack and crevice coming out to destroy him. Nobody in the NFL stands against hate for Jews? Seems off, that's all.

You're saying my post was disingenuous or the media's reporting of the event has been disingenuous? Both?

It seems disingenuous to me to say the story is under reported and then move the goalposts to now say it's widely reported but in too forgiving a manner. If that's the case, perhaps that take should have been offered up first? Regardless, both are sweeping generalizations that no one has backed up with any facts.

Many of those same outfits ran an earlier story about his comments and have since ran a followup story on his "apology." Of course a Google search would turn up the more recent stories. That said, I haven't seen any credible news outlet frame their apology story as "excusable." If anything, the commentary has been pretty damning with several calling for the Eagles to cut ties.

Drew Brees was a hot topic for a few days, then he apologized, then things quickly died down. We're still in the midst of this story so hard to say what the outcome will look like. But all I'm seeing ITT so far is confirmation bias.

Well it better be swept under the rug. My Birds need his speed.

As an Eagles fan and 50% Jewish.. DeSean is an embarrassment, his spin now is lip service forced on him. I wrote an email to the organization asking them to see Jeffrey gets to see it. Contents of that email are private but DJ has a lot people in this region not happy. You can’t pick a worse person than AH to us.

Reactions: dinglefritz
What did he say.
Jackson shared a highlighted quote attributed to Hitler that included, “… the Jews will blackmail America. [They] will extort America, their plan for world domination won’t work if the Negroes know who they were.” He posted the quotes while sharing thoughts on a speech by Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam who “routinely accuses Jews of manipulating the U.S. government and controlling the levers of world power,” according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Will the pendulum of "social justice" swing toward a black man spewing hate for another demographic? I doubt it.
The issue is some think everyone should love and get along with everyone else in th county and world. In reality that is a fantasy world, and something that will never ever happen as long as humans walk the earth. People need to stop being so offended by every little action and word. If some could figure out how to do that, most of all fighting, conflict, murders and wars on earth would go away. Its ok to not like or agree with everyone. Its ok if others don't like or agree with you.
Now I do understand there is a line and point where people should not and can not cross. This might fall under line crossed area.

Last edited:
He should be fired period justice is justice. Although I believe in free speech it has not been allowed for all, if not all should suffer the same bs

Reactions: huskerfan66
That is exactly what it means. It is freedom of speech without consequence from government. Freedom of consequence is liberal modern campus b.s.
which government controls the Eagles’ roster moves?

he’s not facing criminal charges, he’s being tarred and feathered by the public.

Reactions: Huskerpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT