ADVERTISEMENT

Depth Chart pre-Spring

Here is a knee slapper..
Fan base A ridicules and laughs at Fan base B for paying an astronomical amount of money to keep a good coach in their program. Coach of Team B makes fairly consistent progress through his 20 years of work all while representing the university incredibly well and running a "clean" program. Fan base A then goes on a 15 year period where they go through 3 coaches 1 of which was an absolute disgrace, 1 "didn't win enough", and the last one seemed better suited too riding bikes than coaching football. Now fan base A is paying 3 head coaches and has all of thier eggs in the prodigal sons "basket" knowing they are flat out of options if it doesn't work out..... If you can laugh at idiocricy that ought to release a bunch of endorphins.

Okay, please admit this for me & the rest of the board. It just eats at you that Nebraska finally got it right in the hiring of Frost. It just eats at you that Nebraska has an opportunity to get back to some type of relevance.

If Riley was back for another year, we & you would know it would be the same s**t, different year. Pretty sure you wouldn’t be over here to tell us something we already know. It’s okay to admit it. We’ll forgive you. Winking

I've been over here since 09. "Hawk-in-402" amongst others. Scooter is this year's PJ fleck. What you did in the non p5 isn't telling to what will happen in the b10.

Here is a knee slapper..
Fan base A ridicules and laughs at Fan base B for paying an astronomical amount of money to keep a good coach in their program. Coach of Team B makes fairly consistent progress through his 20 years of work all while representing the university incredibly well and running a "clean" program. Fan base A then goes on a 15 year period where they go through 3 coaches 1 of which was an absolute disgrace, 1 "didn't win enough", and the last one seemed better suited too riding bikes than coaching football. Now fan base A is paying 3 head coaches and has all of thier eggs in the prodigal sons "basket" knowing they are flat out of options if it doesn't work out..... If you can laugh at idiocricy that ought to release a bunch of endorphins.

Team B and fan base B both suck.

I've been over here since 09. "Hawk-in-402" amongst others. Scooter is this year's PJ fleck. What you did in the non p5 isn't telling to what will happen in the b10.
I could care less how long you’ve been coming on this board. It’s pointless for you to keep bringing up what’s happened in the last 15 years. We already know this & have accepted it.

You have no way of knowing how Frost will do in his first year. I have already stated that I think we’ll have a winning season with 7 or 8 wins & hopefully a bowl victory. It’s going to take time. Imo, Frost will be the best leader since TO.

That’s okay, you don’t have to answer my first question in my last post.

Your first post has zero question marks in it but I'll guess you are referencing the "eats at me" part. No, Iowa fans by nature are cynical so I look at it two ways. 1. He sucks, we win. 2. He does well, Iowa moves up the totem pole (what a lay person would call down) and we FINALLY get a massive staff overhaul. I'm good either way. Fwiw I would be way more accepting of NUL winning than I would be Minny and as always f* sconny.

It sucks that he is right. Billy C was horrible, Bo was good and bad, Riley was so freaking lame and worthless...

We laugh at Iowa because of our past but that is getting lame. We need to start winning

Here is a knee slapper..

It’s been 14 years not 15 that we have had 3 Head Coach’s.
Callahan-4
Pelini-7
Riley-3
Frost hasn’t Coached a down yet.

Nebraska has played 2 more games in the last 14 years do to conference championship games.

Iowa 111-68
Nebraska 112-69

Let that sink in.

It’s been 14 years not 15 that we have had 3 Head Coach’s.
Callahan-4
Pelini-7
Riley-3
Frost hasn’t Coached a down yet.

Nebraska has played 2 more games in the last 14 years do to conference championship games.

Iowa 111-68
Nebraska 112-69

Let that sink in.

Now account for perception over that time frame of the university... I'm not talking about "blue blood" I'm talking about how.many times you as a fan wanted nothing to do with the staff because they were oblivious as a dead man walking or made comments about the fans into an unknown mic.

Now account for perception over that time frame of the university... I'm not talking about "blue blood" I'm talking about how.many times you as a fan wanted nothing to do with the staff because they were oblivious as a dead man walking or made comments about the fans into an unknown mic.

Thanks for proving my point...

Go away.
Go love Iowa where Iowa is loved.
I dont understand why you wanna be here so bad.
Its wierd. Its a little bit creepy.
I guarantee you if I was a mod, his dumbass would have been erased from here a long time ago. Typical Iowa fan, he has to come here and be a moron knowing full well the times are changing and they don’t favor Iowa.

You Herkies must really be wringing your hands. If Frost reaches the potential many think he has, or can replicate at NU what he did at UCF, you’re going to spend the next 20-30 years reminiscing about 2016 and 2017 the way we reminisce about ‘94 and ‘95... except you’ll just be more pathetic, because you’re greatest accomplishment will be having beat the worst Nebraska team/coach in 40 years. Congrats, add a trophy to that case.

You Herkies must really be wringing your hands. If Frost reaches the potential many think he has, or can replicate at NU what he did at UCF, you’re going to spend the next 20-30 years reminiscing about 2016 and 2017 the way we reminisce about ‘94 and ‘95... except you’ll just be more pathetic, because you’re greatest accomplishment will be having beat the worst Nebraska team/coach in 40 years. Congrats, add a trophy to that case.
Winner!

Re-read your post, then get back to me, imbecile.
Look prick. I was born and raised in Nebraska. I have an engineering degree from UNL. An MBA UNO. I lived and worked in Nebraska for ten years after school. I have been a husker fan my entire life. I do currently live in Iowa. The Paulson boy is the grandson of a friend of mine and is a very good athlete. He went to school and played football at an A level in Iowa. Good kid. Good family. Your comments remind me of some ignorant insecure fans that have no life.

Look prick. I was born and raised in Nebraska. I have an engineering degree from UNL. An MBA UNO. I lived and worked in Nebraska for ten years after school. I have been a husker fan my entire life. I do crrently live in Iowa. The Paulson boy is the grandson of a friend of mine and is a very good athlete. He went to school and played football at an A level in Iowa. Good kid. Good family. Your comments remind me of some ignorant insecure fans that have no life.
Your boorish rebuttal says a lot about you. Before you pop off about what Nebraska players are not capable of doing, maybe you should find out if it’s fact instead of assuming you’re right, imbecile. Your last sentence sums up yourself quite nicely.

Your boorish rebuttal says a lot about you. Before you pop off about what Nebraska players are not capable of doing, maybe you should find out if it’s fact instead of assuming you’re right, imbecile. Your last sentence sums up yourself quite nicely.
Well imbecile pretty much describes you. Surprised you could spell it

Well imbecile pretty much describes you. Surprised you could spell it
Sorry, that’s reserved for yourself. Go idolize another Iowa player, maybe you can adopt one. Maybe spelling is your shortcoming, you couldn’t even spell currently right the first time, but I see your spellcheck did a correction for you.

The P.J. Fleck reference was the inspiration. Fleck to Minny was an upgrade and certainly one should take notice and plan accordingly. But never caused any level of real, long term concern. Frost is more like Franklin to PSU. A guy with a pedigree, track record, and potential to challenge the best in conference. Frost has an upside that is virtually unrivaled in conference, and one could argue nationally. There is no guarantee of future results, and I admit Frost could succumb to the pressure and fail miserably. But the reality is, that his resume says otherwise. If past performane (on all levels, high school, college, Pro, coaching both assistant and head coach) is indicative of future performance, then greatness is more probable than failure. If he realizes his potential he will land among the greats.

Here is a knee slapper..
You have Fan base A nailed pretty good. You are a little delusional on Fan base B. If Team B's coach made "consistent progress" he would have had one or two national championships by now. He may have at least that number of Big 10 championships at least. His previous "legend" did about that much minus Crystal Trophies, and he at least produced a stockpile of really good assistants that went onto real success. If we kept Fighting Frankie, he would have the same success that Kind of good Kirk has accomplished.

Here is a knee slapper..

The kneeslapper is that your "progressing" program has one less win than the "pathetic" Nebraska one in the last 15 years and youre trying to troll the fans of that program on their convo board.

The point is to win the game. Nebraska is shooting for stars and Io_a is happy with prairie dogs and bobcats. Look in all of life that is a great attitude to have...be happy with what you have....except this is competitive sports, the point is to win fairly. Not to lose fairly. And Nebraska has 4 CCG appearances in that 15 and 1 more win that Io_a.

One of your guards just dropped below 315lbs...better watch out or you'll lose that no hardware o line competition with Wisco.

Last edited:
Until I see Iowa win something of significance, they will be a lot like creighton basketball in my eyes. Haven’t won an outright conference title since 1985. Shared titles are neat, if B12 ever did that, Nebraska would have had a title 2010. Iowa’s 2004 shared title is funny ( they lost head to head with the team they shared the title with). 2002 title is the same silliness. Shared with national champion Ohio State. Judging by how USC made Iowa look like JV team, they would not have beaten tOSU.

Solid program, but fairly irrelevant.

Iowa’s best season in school history ended on a two game losing streak and getting ran out of the rose bowl. Best year. In school history. Ends in a complete annihilation. Reminds me of CU’s round of 32 game against Baylor.

Last edited:
Until I see Iowa win something of significance, they will be a lot like creighton basketball in my eyes. Haven’t won an outright conference title since 1985. Shared titles are neat, if B12 ever did that, Nebraska would have had a title 2010. Iowa’s 2004 shared title is funny ( they lost head to head with the team they shared the title with). 2002 title is the same silliness. Shared with national champion Ohio State. Judging by how USC made Iowa look like JV team, they would not have beaten tOSU.

Solid program, but fairly irrelevant.

Iowa’s best season in school history ended on a two game losing streak and getting ran out of the rose bowl. Best year. In school history. Ends in a complete annihilation. Reminds me of CU’s round of 32 game against Baylor.

Careful. Nebraska claims a few shared division titles in football where they lost the tiebreaker.

Careful. Nebraska claims a few shared division titles in football where they lost the tiebreaker.
Probably on safe ground. How many Big 10 titles has Iowa had to share in the modern era? Say since the 60s? When was the last time they won one unopposed?

Reactions: Bugeater
Maybe...but I have yet to see a pot of Cornhusker fans hootin and hollerin about a div title...and if the are then they must be really young.

He was saying the Big 12 didn’t have “shared” titles, when in fact they did.

What difference does it make if a pot of fans are hootin and hollerin? The university sure uses them to brag about the program.

Probably on safe ground. How many Big 10 titles has Iowa had to share in the modern era? Say since the 60s? When was the last time they won one unopposed?

It was about him saying the Big12 didn’t have shared titles. They did and Nebraska claims them

He was saying the Big 12 didn’t have “shared” titles, when in fact they did.

What difference does it make if a pot of fans are hootin and hollerin? The university sure uses them to brag about the program.

Oh, you must have missed the part where he said "conference title".

And the University of Nebraska isn't up in here bantering claiming div titles that weren't even talked about....fans are talking so yeah, that's why it matters....context.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT