ADVERTISEMENT

Depth Chart pre-Spring

inWV

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007
We don't have one. But using prior depth chart minus graduations, plus the new guys who should be in the mix, this is my best shot. New guys in bold.

WR-Z Stanley Reimers
WR-R Spielman Miles Jones
WR-X Tyjon Mike Williams
LT Jaimes Gaylord
LG Foster Raridon
OC Mike Decker (injury?) Raridon
RG Farniok Wilson
RT Cole Conrad (has been outside before)
TE Stoll
QB Gebbia Martinez O'Brien
IB Bell Bradley Wilbon
Who is actually going to play tackle? Is Tre Bryant donezo?

DEFENSE
DE Akinmoladun/Stille Davis, Khalil
NT Stoltenberg Thomas,
DE Davis, Carlos Davis, Khalil
OLB Gifford (injury?) Miller
ILB Honas Roberts
ILB Barry Young
OLB Guy Thomas Alexander
CB Lee Anderson
S Reed Deontai Williams
S Williams Dismuke
CB Jackson Bootle
How do the OLB spots shake out? Does Dixon get to play this year?

SPECIAL TEAMS
P Lightbourn
PK Pickering

No Tanner Farmer at RG or Center?
Missed him, but he was not on the 2 deep I was looking at. Would think he would factor in at a guard spot. Farniok and Conrad have both played at tackle. Given the fact that we have a dearth of players there, I would think both get a look at that position.

Besides Stoll at TE we also have redshirt Austin Allen and Kurt Rafdal.

I'm hoping a couple of the Tight Ends decide to move on after the spring to free up some scholarships. We have way too many on scholarship and some of them don't seem to fit the new offense very well.

On offense: I think Farniok will be our RT and Farmer will be our RG. Also not sure how well Stoll fits what they want from a TE.

On defense: I think Danniels will be backup at NT and Thomas will move out to DE.

Agree, think Thomas will be great at DE. Depending on how much Daniels has developed, I could see Khalil Davis also at NT.

Missed him, but he was not on the 2 deep I was looking at. Would think he would factor in at a guard spot. Farniok and Conrad have both played at tackle. Given the fact that we have a dearth of players there, I would think both get a look at that position.
Farmer most definitely fits with how Frost and Austin use their guards. I've heard from more than one O line junkie that we need to watch Gaylord. They think that he'll be the answer at RT.

Reactions: AFTray
Nice depth chart... I think Stanley Reimers, Jaimes Gaylord, Bradley Wilbon, Barry Young, Thomas Alexander, Lee Anderson and Jackson Bootle will tear it up this year. Those guys are two headed beasts.
I would be very surprised to see Reimers hold off McQuitty. But maybe one could be that hybrid TE/WR this offense needs. Not sure if any of the current TE’s have that ability.

Last edited:
Serious question. Do you get off posting your bs on here?

I lived in Nebraska for many years, some of my best friends are husker fans, a little respectful trash talk makes the off season fun. Answer: while fun I do not "get off" posting here. Question for you: have you lived in a state that idolizes CFB other than Nebraska and claimed to be a Nebraska fan? (Zona is not a CFB state)

Check out @devine_tyler’s Tweet:

1547 pounds on the o-line. Hope your boys can hold up :)

Somewhere in the next 4ish seasons, Iowa’s spring depth charts will bring a double digit win ball club. This year probably the usual 7-5 and another $1M raise for Kirk.

Come back same time next year and I’ll analyze that one for you.

You never answered the bet.
Yes I did.
You said you didnt want to bet with someone who doesnt live in Lincoln or Omaha. Which was a diversion.
I called it out and now you pretend you didnt say that.
I dont live in Omaha or Lincoln.
And even if I did I wouldnt want to personally meet you even if I won. I would have you donate to charity and email a receipt.
If you would win there are other ways to handle it. Which a supposedly smart person should know.

Now will you consider why you insist on being here when nobody wants you to be? Go away. I cant understand this mindset of wanting to be on a board of a team you are not a fan of, its wierd.

Holy chit Iowa’s board has to be truly insufferable. That joker might as well post one of the spring depth charts from the 2 Harvard-of-the-Midwests: Nebraska Wesleyan and Doane.

Im cool with the charity idea. Whats your price?

(Your entire fan base spent the first 5 years it joined the confrence looking down on people and acting like you guys were something, if you didn't think there was going to be fallout from that you are drastically mistaken. I just happen to be used to the banter with sker fans so found my way over here quicker than others. You reap what you sow. You want people to not give you crap when your 4-8 don't act like your going to take over the world when the cards are going your way... life lesson)

(Your entire fan base spent the first 5 years it joined the confrence looking down on people and acting like you guys were something, if you didn't think there was going to be fallout from that you are drastically mistaken. I just happen to be used to the banter with sker fans so found my way over here quicker than others. You reap what you sow. You want people to not give you crap when your 4-8 don't act like your going to take over the world when the cards are going your way... life lesson)

I’ll donate $20 to a charity of your choice if you just go away.

How about 200? Dont come back until the bet is settled and Ill throw in another 100 as extra.

And I was never on your board. I doubt many here were. Ones that were I would have called out. I call people out for visiting other boards. I also think you are overreacting about the arrogance thing. Fans are arrogant. So are you. And im guessing you caught crap from your friends. Well, we arent your friends. Call and text them your crap about iowa. They might think its cute, we dont. We on this board did nothing to you. I have never said Iowa hasnt kicked our ass the past few years. Iowa has indeed. Dont come here expecting us to not be arrogant about our team, either. Again, its what fans do. And i dont understand the "well husker fans were dumb to us so Im gonna be dumb to them!" Mentallity. Its childish at best, creepy and lonely at worst.
For someone who claims to be so smart, you are displaying a character trait that is very ignorant and of small intelligence. Prove to us your sophistication by going away and letting us discuss Husker athletics on the Husker board.
See you in 6-7-8-9-or-10 years when that bet is decided. Now go away and talk Iowa with those who care.

No can do.. see "rivals" in both your address bar and Merriam webster. Dirty little secret, as long as respectful, the mods like the traffic.
Okay, please admit this for me & the rest of the board. It just eats at you that Nebraska finally got it right in the hiring of Frost. It just eats at you that Nebraska has an opportunity to get back to some type of relevance.

If Riley was back for another year, we & you would know it would be the same s**t, different year. Pretty sure you wouldn’t be over here to tell us something we already know. It’s okay to admit it. We’ll forgive you. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT