Democrats Hate

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
some of us have seen things happen to incredible to be explained , these are not accidents,
If you think God is all those “things” it won’t hurt him, it will hurt only you,
I have an idea how about he visits you ?
Go ahead challenge Him to prove he’s real, and you have Him all wrong?
You will meet Him now or later, I would suggest sooner.

There has been nothing presented for me to believe he is real. There are thousands of gods throughout the ages, you and I are in agreement to be an atheist to all of them except one, where you chose to believe and I see no reason to.

The Bible is full of stories where those things have happened under his watch, ordered by him. God of the Bible is a villain, until one sees him as pure. I think there are many better gods one can choose.

Reactions: philosophusker

countrybob

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2003
There has been nothing presented for me to believe he is real. There are thousands of gods throughout the ages, you and I are in agreement to be an atheist to all of them except one, where you chose to believe and I see no reason to.

The Bible is full of stories where those things have happened under his watch, ordered by him. God of the Bible is a villain, until one sees him as pure. I think there are many better gods one can choose.
I am not that well versed on the Bible as you guys, but I really struggle to believe. I tongue in cheek say, I remember a song that said, "I swear there ain't heaven, but pray there is no hell".

Reactions: philosophusker

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
I am not that well versed on the Bible as you guys, but I really struggle to believe. I tongue in cheek say, I remember a song that said, "I swear there ain't heaven, but pray there is no hell".

I appreciate your response. One thing I will respond with is this premise that one "chooses without evidence", should be the less safety option.

There is a dilemma called "Pascall's Wager" that says believing just in case, of a heaven/hell", is not based on the logical flow of the decision process.

As kids. We are taught to allow fear to override the logical process, a mindset to avoid rational thinking through fear. Why? Think, ponder about this.

I went through that process as well. I was forced into private schools and churches when I was younger. I learned a lot during that time. However, things became a lot more real when I went off the chosen script and realized how similar this God (pre-moses) is to Zeus or some of the other gods of the era.

I realized that it was easy to reject claims without evidence as they proved to have no evidence either, that is until I revisited the child inside. All kinds of fearful emotions and raw deprivation from so many years that pretty much stopped me from living, to use life as a doormat to another, just in case. To throw away the only life I know I have, for certain, for a childhood haunting.

There was a lot of contemplating, a lot of research, learning the flows of logic, biases and anti-logic (fallacies). These were the tools I learned to use in order to "best" guide me. That is all I had beyond the childish emotions of fear, guilt and shame as i was taught as a child for my guidance.

I became an atheist through a fact seeking process that was based on all the best logical patterns there is for determining the world around me. While imperfect, it is certainly a much more reliable pathway to truth than "just accept or just fear".

Not only have I learned there is no evidence to accept a God claim of Christianity, there are no reasons to accept any God claim. These claims without evidence may be rejected without evidence.

Furthermore, a God who determines the eternal fate of his creation, based on a collection of books that first began with a verbal tradition, is one who truly does care about facts or reason. To me, this doesn't sound like something an all powerful being would do to it's creation. Rather, it sounds like indoctrination for mind possession by slave owners.

Last edited:

countrybob

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2003
I appreciate your response. One thing I will respond with is the idea that one chooses without evidence the less scary option.

There is a dilemma called "Pascall's Wager" that says believing in case their is a heaven/hell" is not based on the logical flow of the decision process. We are putting aside the fact that there is nothing to prove it's real, in fact it is a mindset that explicitly chooses to avoid rational thinking through fear.

I went through that process as well. I was forced into private schools and churches. I learned a lot during that time. However, things became a lot more real when I went off the chosen script and realized how similar this God (pre-moses) is to Zeus or some of the other gods of the era.

I realized that it was easy to reject claims without evidence as they proved to have no evidence either, that is until I revisited the child inside. All kinds of fearful emotions and raw deprivation from so many years that pretty much stopped me from living, using life as a doormat to another.

There was a lot of contemplating, a lot of research, learning the flows of logic, biases and anti-logic (fallacies). These were the tools I learned to use in order to "best" guide me. That is all I had beyond the childish emotions of fear, guilt and shame as guidance.

I became an atheist through a fact seeking process that was based on all the best logical patterns there is for determining the world around me.

Not only haven learned there is no evidence to accept a God claim of Christianity, there was none for any religion. Claims without evidence may be rejected without evidence. Furthermore, a God who determines the eternal fate ofnhis creation based on a collection of books that first began with a verbal tradition is one who truly does care about facts or reason. To me, this doesn't sound like something an all powerful being would do to it's creation

countrybob

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2003
I appreciate your response. One thing I will respond with is the idea that one chooses without evidence the less scary option.

There is a dilemma called "Pascall's Wager" that says believing in case their is a heaven/hell" is not based on the logical flow of the decision process. We are putting aside the fact that there is nothing to prove it's real, in fact it is a mindset that explicitly chooses to avoid rational thinking through fear.

I went through that process as well. I was forced into private schools and churches. I learned a lot during that time. However, things became a lot more real when I went off the chosen script and realized how similar this God (pre-moses) is to Zeus or some of the other gods of the era.

I realized that it was easy to reject claims without evidence as they proved to have no evidence either, that is until I revisited the child inside. All kinds of fearful emotions and raw deprivation from so many years that pretty much stopped me from living, using life as a doormat to another.

There was a lot of contemplating, a lot of research, learning the flows of logic, biases and anti-logic (fallacies). These were the tools I learned to use in order to "best" guide me. That is all I had beyond the childish emotions of fear, guilt and shame as guidance.

I became an atheist through a fact seeking process that was based on all the best logical patterns there is for determining the world around me.

Not only haven learned there is no evidence to accept a God claim of Christianity, there was none for any religion. Claims without evidence may be rejected without evidence. Furthermore, a God who determines the eternal fate ofnhis creation based on a collection of books that first began with a verbal tradition is one who truly does care about facts or reason. To me, this doesn't sound like something an all powerful being would do to it's creation
I appreciate you taking the time. Does the UFO info being talked about now effect how you feel?

Reactions: ehenningsen

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
I appreciate you taking the time. Does the UFO info being talked about now effect how you feel?

The UFO talk is intriguing, for sure. Something we don't yet understand, is around us.

I am very, very intrigued. Im holding off on any of the conclusions being thrown around about it, until we know more.

My mind is definitely going a thousand miles a minute when I watch those videos lol

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
These kinds of stories are laughable. There are thousands of people who are dropping Trump like a sack of potatoes because of the divisiveness and hate that is synonymous with Trump, and you find ONE fool in Flint, Michigan who got conned by Trump. What is more important to this fool in Flint, clean water or this supposed "hate" that he apparently only sees on the left? Because Trump ain't done shit about the dirty water in Flint.

Trump supporting douchebags are intentionally mispronouncing Kamala Harris' name because they are racist scumbags full of hate, and this idiot Maurice Davis (a black man) thinks it is the Democrats that are haters and wants to join the racists?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHAAHAHAHAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

People on the left are angry that you Trump supporters hijacked our great country and put it in the hands of a narcissistic con man. We have a right to be pissed you all got duped and now we all suffer for it. Yes, that can come off as hate. But you should just be glad that us non-Trump supporters care enough about this great nation to take it back on Nov. 3rd. Otherwise Trump fully would have ridden it into the ground in the next 4 years. Maurice Davis is joining a party that is actively trying to suppress the votes of black people. No offense to Maurice but I think he seems like an idiot.

Last edited:

meribeau

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2005
Yes, I hate people trying to destroy America, just like the soldiers in WWII hated the Nazis, the Yankees hated the Confederates in the Civil War, and the founding fathers hated the red coats. The Democrats are on the right side of history and fighting to save this country, if hate helps fuel the destruction of Trump and everything he stands for, so be it.
What does Trump stand for that you hate? Be specific.

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
That’s a blood sweat and tears song , ....I do know many who say .....well not sure about this whole thing, which I understand. After all it is FAITH , and in who? What?
Adam and Eve were created to NEVER die..they were entirely taken care of. They chose to believe a lie.
Well that started the whole ball rolling , man separated himself from God.
So now we have the. ....gap....only Son can fix that. Sin had to be deallt with ...it was are part?
Believe.....
Here’s what’s coming fairly soon (imo )
Matt.24 1) A great deception 2) wars and rumors of wars, race against race, famines, disease, pestilence,
Is that ramping up????? Already?? That’s just the intro...we are close to the fast lane,
The next salvo is very interesting regarding Babylon, most agree WE/USA are the “Great City“ judgement hits here hard per Jeremiah 50/51 .
What other book gives you the future play by play???
I’d listen up if I hadn’t already

Reactions: countrybob

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
I appreciate your response. One thing I will respond with is this premise that one "chooses without evidence", should be the less safety option.

There is a dilemma called "Pascall's Wager" that says believing just in case, of a heaven/hell", is not based on the logical flow of the decision process.

As kids. We are taught to allow fear to override the logical process, a mindset to avoid rational thinking through fear. Why? Think, ponder about this.

I went through that process as well. I was forced into private schools and churches when I was younger. I learned a lot during that time. However, things became a lot more real when I went off the chosen script and realized how similar this God (pre-moses) is to Zeus or some of the other gods of the era.

I realized that it was easy to reject claims without evidence as they proved to have no evidence either, that is until I revisited the child inside. All kinds of fearful emotions and raw deprivation from so many years that pretty much stopped me from living, to use life as a doormat to another, just in case. To throw away the only life I know I have, for certain, for a childhood haunting.

There was a lot of contemplating, a lot of research, learning the flows of logic, biases and anti-logic (fallacies). These were the tools I learned to use in order to "best" guide me. That is all I had beyond the childish emotions of fear, guilt and shame as i was taught as a child for my guidance.

I became an atheist through a fact seeking process that was based on all the best logical patterns there is for determining the world around me. While imperfect, it is certainly a much more reliable pathway to truth than "just accept or just fear".

Not only have I learned there is no evidence to accept a God claim of Christianity, there are no reasons to accept any God claim. These claims without evidence may be rejected without evidence.

Furthermore, a God who determines the eternal fate of his creation, based on a collection of books that first began with a verbal tradition, is one who truly does care about facts or reason. To me, this doesn't sound like something an all powerful being would do to it's creation. Rather, it sounds like indoctrination for mind possession by slave owners.
Many, many before you, have drawn similar conclusions, you are not alone.
But they have gone on and are no longer alive.
“The Fool says in his heart ...There is NO God”!
So from Gods viewpoint, that’s a fools errand.

Here again scripture says, not many wise, not many noble, here the call. Why is that you suppose?

Men are prideful and arrogant and want to do it “they’re way” but God says, My ways are NOT your ways.

The book of Job, is extremely insightful here as job finds he’s lost nearly everything, Satan was allowed to have his way with job, but not take his life.
Satan says basically, hey God , you protect this guy, you bless his existence no wonder he honors. You! Let me “sift” him , he will curse you!

This is a GREAT INSIGHT to little man, questioning God, and God speaks, where were you when I formed the universe?
Who counseled me? Who looks into the depths of the universe and see”s all the stars and planets?

The book has a great ending also !!

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
These kinds of stories are laughable. There are thousands of people who are dropping Trump like a sack of potatoes because of the divisiveness and hate that is synonymous with Trump, and you find ONE fool in Flint, Michigan who got conned by Trump. What is more important to this fool in Flint, clean water or this supposed "hate" that he apparently only sees on the left? Because Trump ain't done shit about the dirty water in Flint.

Trump supporting douchebags are intentionally mispronouncing Kamala Harris' name because they are racist scumbags full of hate, and this idiot Maurice Davis (a black man) thinks it is the Democrats that are haters and wants to join the racists?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHAAHAHAHAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

People on the left are angry that you Trump supporters hijacked our great country and put it in the hands of a narcissistic con man. We have a right to be pissed you all got duped and now we all suffer for it. Yes, that can come off as hate. But you should just be glad that us non-Trump supporters care enough about this great nation to take it back on Nov. 3rd. Otherwise Trump fully would have ridden it into the ground in the next 4 years. Maurice Davis is joining a party that is actively trying to suppress the votes of black people. No offense to Maurice but I think he seems like an idiot.
This may be the most backwards post I’ve read on here regarding a political position,
Trump has the highest black support of ANY GOP as far back as ANY can recall.
I attended the Trump rally in Omaha to see MYSELF what the attraction was.
He was REAL, not a puppet professional politician parasite, sucking the coffers dry waiting for his BOOK deal.

Enter Clintons, Obama greedy sellouts of the Nation as the “Pay to play“ crowd.

Regardless I was having a good time in line that took forever to get through, having fun with some black guys who get the Dem party uses and oppressed for VOTES!
That party could care less about blacks or any other ethnic group....it keeps them in power to divide and spread the HATE !
No 3 colored hair people with rings in their noses
And facial tattoos with gang signs and Satanist pentagrams!
Wake up man! PARTY of hate and divide Is doing just that!
They even have the signs in the yard that LIE
HATE HAS NO HOME HERE......bull crap
Those are THEE most hateful...ah I hate trump ! I hate what he’s doing! I hate blah blah blah....
There’s your haters NOT the fun loving good people of all races in the Trump line. It’s the PEOPLE that make Trump so appealing, it’s always the people intimately.

bldhuskerred

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2003
This may be the most backwards post I’ve read on here regarding a political position,
He was REAL, not a puppet professional politician parasite, sucking the coffers dry waiting for his BOOK deal.

Regardless I was having a good time in line that took forever to get through, having fun with some black guys who get the Dem party uses and oppressed for VOTES!
That party could care less about blacks or any other ethnic group....it keeps them in power to divide and spread the HATE !
Those are THEE most hateful...ah I hate trump ! I hate what he’s doing! I hate blah blah blah....
There’s your haters NOT the fun loving good people of all races in the Trump line. It’s the PEOPLE that make Trump so appealing, it’s always the people intimately.

So blah, blah, blah I have a black friend now.

It's the PEOPLE that make donnie appealing, you mean like white supremacists and the Proud Boys but God Forbid anyone that has colored hair or a nose ring - no Thank You.

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
So blah, blah, blah I have a black friend now.

It's the PEOPLE that make donnie appealing, you mean like white supremacists and the Proud Boys but God Forbid anyone that has colored hair or a nose ring - no Thank You.
Oh the Black proud boy leaders too?? Ha ha ha media lies yOu fell for.
Cmon man......get in the game! Take the wake up pill, the red one!
And yes I have several black friends not token black guy, not because they are black, but they are decent men!

And yep.i won’t be hangin with the thugs Looting , burning and beating innocent people sitting for a peaceful dinner! with nose rings and gauged ears, and piercings all over that reek like pot, thats YOUR hate group, and hate that the country doesn’t want or need.
Go steal more ballot boxes, burn the votes, throw voting ballots in the river lie, steal and cheat party....enter the DNC !!!

bldhuskerred

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2003
Oh the Black proud boy leaders too?? Ha ha ha media lies yOu fell for.
Cmon man......get in the game! Take the wake up pill, the red one!
And yes I have several black friends not token black guy, not because they are black, but they are decent men!

And yep.i won’t be hangin with the thugs Looting , burning and beating innocent people sitting for a peaceful dinner! with nose rings and gauged ears, and piercings all over that reek like pot, thats YOUR hate group, and hate that the country doesn’t want or need.
Go steal more ballot boxes, burn the votes, throw voting ballots in the river lie, steal and cheat party....enter the DNC !!!

Unhinged and triggered.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

Trump has black support? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

He has like 5% of black women and 10% of black males!!!!

Trump is a racist!!!!! Look into his lawsuit from the 70's when he and his Dad got caught discriminating against black people. They would not let them rent their shitty apartments. Black people are aware of this (at least 90% of males and 95% of females are)

Your silly post is silly ChristmasBO

We will see on election day who is correct, assuming Trump does not successfully rig the election he is trying so hard to do.

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
Sorry Karen. Have a Good Day. See you Wednesday oky doky.
Karen. Good one. I’ve already come to the conclusion that Biden is going to win. Guess what, my life will go on just as it always has. And I won’t be on this forum 24/7 trying to diminish his Presidency like so many of you have been doing.

Reactions: HuskerCK

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
God has ordered entire civilizations to be executed, including babies. Oh, except for underage virgins, they can enslave them for their pleasure.

God heavily endorsed slavery and even created guidelines. If you beat your slave, they must survive the first 48 hours, if they do then the murder is justified.

Marriage isn't a contract between one man and one woman. It is a legal contract that men owned women like property, from one to many. And if a woman's husband dies, she is to be become property of his brother.

God ordered the stoning of all kinds of sins. From homosexuality, to adultery, to divorce, to mere coveting, using his image for vanity plans and even to disobedient children.

God of the Bible isn't love. He is a strict dictator who has done worse than any other God across the spectrum. There is no love, none. There is no beauty with that beast, just a wretched, mean, cruel story book character.
And... when the Bible does call for love, that's the part that Trump and his faux Christian followers ignore:

Reactions: tb233

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
Trump has black support? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

He has like 5% of black women and 10% of black males!!!!

Trump is a racist!!!!! Look into his lawsuit from the 70's when he and his Dad got caught discriminating against black people. They would not let them rent their shitty apartments. Black people are aware of this (at least 90% of males and 95% of females are)

Your silly post is silly ChristmasBO

We will see on election day who is correct, assuming Trump does not successfully rig the election he is trying so hard to do.
Yea Biden calls blacks super predators and put em back in chains, and the mindless followers fall in rank and file to the voting booth!!! Ha ha ha ha classic blind leading the blind, and some one puts Keith the failure Obermann on here to back up thier point? Oh wow ...... desperation sets in at this point.
It’s gone off the rails

Reactions: HuskerCK

buckknowsall

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
I pretty much disagree with all of what you typed. That's why I voted against a guy like Trump and your voted against a guy like Obama.

My question to you... If you had a choice to invite Obama or Trump into your home and have him talk to your children about being a leader and a morally good person... Who would you choose?
Trump. We agree in so much, that we would want someone balanced, good leader and morally a good person. Then we will disagree on the choice. While likely you can't figure out why those characteristics define Trump, those characteristics do not define Obama. My only rationale for the discrepancy is folks have not followed Obama closely enough to know of the divisive and immorality of the man.

(To me) It is the worst kind of immorality, to make public statements and then go into a private room and say and do the opposite. A fancy speech, with the right tone and words mean nothing if the substance was a lie to begin with. An exercise repeated too often by Obama.

Writing the statement however makes me sound arrogant, as if I know more about Obama than you.....which was not my intention nor in my spirit as I authored the words.

Have a good one cav

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
Many, many before you, have drawn similar conclusions, you are not alone.
But they have gone on and are no longer alive.
“The Fool says in his heart ...There is NO God”!
So from Gods viewpoint, that’s a fools errand.

Here again scripture says, not many wise, not many noble, here the call. Why is that you suppose?

Men are prideful and arrogant and want to do it “they’re way” but God says, My ways are NOT your ways.

The book of Job, is extremely insightful here as job finds he’s lost nearly everything, Satan was allowed to have his way with job, but not take his life.
Satan says basically, hey God , you protect this guy, you bless his existence no wonder he honors. You! Let me “sift” him , he will curse you!

This is a GREAT INSIGHT to little man, questioning God, and God speaks, where were you when I formed the universe?
Who counseled me? Who looks into the depths of the universe and see”s all the stars and planets?

The book has a great ending also !!

Using the book to prove the book is real is circular reasoning.

That said, pride isn't the reason I dont believe. There is no reason to accept this God claim. The only "evidence" is a collection of stories, nothing more. Furthermore, the god of that book is a moral thug. There is nothing I want from that evil Santa clause.

Last edited:

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014

That said, pride isn't the reason I dont believe. There is no reason to accept this God claim. The only "evidence" is a collection of stories, nothing more. Furthermore, the god of that book is a moral thug. There is nothing I want from that evil Santa clause.
Do you believe in something created all this? Honestly curious as you seem to be a well thought out person and genuinely curious.

I personally don't believe in a Christian God but think something made all this shit with a couple caveats

1. He sees us no different than any other living creature. We aren't some "chosen beings" above all others.

2. He controls or put in place "laws" to control all of this shit. I guess like mother nature-ish.

3. Its neither a good or bad thing but more of a "indifferent to all of it" kinda attitude.

4. No way our simply human minds could comprehend something capable of creating it and all attempts to try are just human emotional responses. That's not to say humans can't learn those "laws" that govern our reality.

This is completely separate from "religion" as I believe we share an equal view on the "whys" of religion.

TIA

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
Do you believe in something created all this? Honestly curious as you seem to be a well thought out person and genuinely curious.

I personally don't believe in a Christian God but think something made all this shit with a couple caveats

1. He sees us no different than any other living creature. We aren't some "chosen beings" above all others.

2. He controls or put in place "laws" to control all of this shit. I guess like mother nature-ish.

3. Its neither a good or bad thing but more of a "indifferent to all of it" kinda attitude.

4. No way our simply human minds could comprehend something capable of creating it and all attempts to try are just human emotional responses. That's not to say humans can't learn those "laws" that govern our reality.

This is completely separate from "religion" as I believe we share an equal view on the "whys" of religion.

TIA

There are three possible outcomes to whether one accepts or rejects any God claim.

1. Either it has met it's burden of proof and you accept a specific claim

Or

2. It hasn't met it's burden of proof and you reject the claim, without prejudice (not proven false). Aka reject the claim with an "I dont know, not enough info" answer

Or

3. It hasn't met it's burden of proof and you reject the claim, with prejudice (all evidence provided is proven wrong).

These points are important to answer your question.

Here is my stance:

1. It seems as if we like to claim "miracle", "magic" or "god" for natural events we do not yet understand. And when we do understand, that religious taboo takes time to die.

2. Whether or not a God "created" everything isn't a question this God wants us to answer. From our vantage point, this "god" is agnostic towards us and our thought processes. It just doesn't care, if it exists.

3. The closest thing we have to a God is understanding the universe and flows of logic. Getting to understand natural laws is probably the best chance to understanding any thought that any creator had in creating this universe. This doesn't mean I believe one is real, I have yet any reason to believe one is possible to be real, let alone actually exists.

4. A lot of times people get lost when trying to understand how things get created from nothing. What exactly is a nothing? Is it the vacuum of spacetime, which has properties and is malleable? This is one of those questions that we don't have an answer to, yet. In my eyes, I see a universe that always has existed in some form, but a 'nothing isn't what we think it is.

5. Other intriguing, but unproven ideas, are the Botsmon brains and living in a simulation. Both are just as unproven, but at least conform to the logic patterns of the universe.

Last edited:

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
There are three possible outcomes to whether one accepts or rejects any God claim.

1. Either it has met it's burden of proof and you accept a specific claim

Or

2. It hasn't met it's burden of proof and you reject the claim, without prejudice (not proven false). Aka reject the claim with an "I dont know, not enough info" answer

Or

3. It hasn't met it's burden of proof and you reject the claim, with prejudice (all evidence provided is proven wrong).

These points are important to answer your question.

Here is my stance:

1. It seems as if we like to claim "miracle", "magic" or "god" for natural events we do not yet understand. And when we do understand, that religious taboo takes time to die.

2. Whether or not a God "created" everything isn't a question this God wants us to answer. From our vantage point, this "god" is agnostic towards us and our thought processes. It just doesn't care, if it exists.

3. The closest thing we have to a God is understanding the universe and flows of logic. Getting to understand natural laws is probably the best chance to understanding any thought that any creator had in creating this universe. This doesn't mean I believe one is real, I have yet any reason to believe one is possible to be real, let alone actually exists.

4. A lot of times people get lost when trying to understand how things get created from nothing. What exactly is a nothing? Is it the vacuum of spacetime, which has properties and is malleable? This is one of those questions that we don't have an answer to, yet. In my eyes, I see a universe that always has existed in some form, but a 'nothing isn't what we think it is.

5. Other intriguing, but unproven ideas, are the Botsmon brains and living in a simulation. Both are just as unproven, but at least conform to the logic patterns of the universe.
Thank you, very thought out response, much respect.

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
Thank you, very thought out response, much respect.
just a couple of thoughts for you heathen to ponder, the “Rich and the Noble“ have a difficult time grasping biblical truth(s) according to the Good book,
Christ said, It’s easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
Not impossible, I believe the just of this to be one can be satisfied and idolize his wealth and ignore the guy who created all of it because he’s so satisfied with things he misses the spiritual element in his life.
And takes credit for all he sees before him the glory should never be man’s but Gods Glory.

The wise/Noble(usually in thier own eyes)
Have a difficult time with the kingdom of God because they want intellectually reason things to their liking, again the kingdom of heaven is not ours to reason , but God”s to allow Us to share
But the rejection of His son, is the cause of “missing the mark” .

You and philosopher are both fairly intelligent guys Thats evident, you both seem to have reasons as to why you support your un-belief
It would be a shame to have eternity to consider what went wrong.....to much at stake boys

Reactions: nelsonj22

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010

I meant ehenning is the below to include you and j22

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
just a couple of thoughts for you heathen to ponder, the “Rich and the Noble“ have a difficult time grasping biblical truth(s) according to the Good book,
Christ said, It’s easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
Not impossible, I believe the just of this to be one can be satisfied and idolize his wealth and ignore the guy who created all of it because he’s so satisfied with things he misses the spiritual element in his life.
And takes credit for all he sees before him the glory should never be man’s but Gods Glory.

The wise/Noble(usually in thier own eyes)
Have a difficult time with the kingdom of God because they want intellectually reason things to their liking, again the kingdom of heaven is not ours to reason , but God”s to allow Us to share
But the rejection of His son, is the cause of “missing the mark” .

You and philosopher are both fairly intelligent guys Thats evident, you both seem to have reasons as to why you support your un-belief
It would be a shame to have eternity to consider what went wrong.....to much at stake boys

A lot of threats by this evil comic book character and little substance, this doesn't convince me

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
A lot of threats by this evil comic book character and little substance, this doesn't convince me
Ha evil comic book character....cmon man ....your being hard and the creator who allows you your next breath, what did He do to deserve that title ?
Gods seen harder cases.......you May find Hes much kinder than you know...Fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, and so on.
Anyway He may knock .....I’d suggest opening the door.
He’s Not a cosmic kill joy by the way.
Alright carry on with your bad self .....but keep looking up?!

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
Ha evil comic book character....cmon man ....your being hard and the creator who allows you your next breath, what did He do to deserve that title ?
Gods seen harder cases.......you May find Hes much kinder than you know...Fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, and so on.
Anyway He may knock .....I’d suggest opening the door.
He’s Not a cosmic kill joy by the way.
Alright carry on with your bad self .....but keep looking up?!

It's a book, an old book with a collection of stories about how afraid everyone and everything should be. These books endorse slavery, women ownership, stoning for everything, endorsed genocide, eternal torture etc..

Not a good god. I base my morality on well being, empathy, compassion, kindness, understanding and forgiveness whether they "deserve it" or not.

God sent himself to sacrifice himself to himself to forgive us for arbitrary and changing rules he created.

Im sorry, but he is not good and definitely not wise

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
It's a book, an old book with a collection of stories about how afraid everyone and everything should be. These books endorse slavery, women ownership, stoning for everything, endorsed genocide, eternal torture etc..

Not a good god. I base my morality on well being, empathy, compassion, kindness, understanding and forgiveness whether they "deserve it" or not.

God sent himself to sacrifice himself to himself to forgive us for arbitrary and changing rules he created.

Im sorry, but he is not good and definitely not wise
Nelson that’s not at all How I have seen the goodness of God in my experience, yes God did deal with the Jewish people for thier spiritual adulatory...He would deliver them out of jams all the time and then They go right back to the stupid mistakes , so you really can’t blame God for their own rebellion,
But no one wants to take responsibility for they’re faults or foibles....so we blame Him who created us as such,Never owning up or manning up to our own problems

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
Nelson that’s not at all How I have seen the goodness of God in my experience, yes God did deal with the Jewish people for thier spiritual adulatory...He would deliver them out of jams all the time and then They go right back to the stupid mistakes , so you really can’t blame God for their own rebellion,
But no one wants to take responsibility for they’re faults or foibles....so we blame Him who created us as such,Never owning up or manning up to our own problems

I don't know who you are referring to. I just know that your Santa clause isn't real

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
A just and good God would never kill a baby because its parents were fvcking idiots. Would never keep someone out of heaven that had never even heard of christ, ect ect.

I have a god/creator/whatever it is and have used that to get sober and change my life. Is it a Christian God? No not really but I talk to it quite often, thank it for what I have. I live my life in a way that my children would have nothing to feel shameful of.

I live my life as if my children will know every action and more importantly every thought process behind it. In the end if being the best person I can possibly be while trying to help as many people as I can, I will have a place in heaven if it exists. If not I will be able to hold my head up high my entire life and have children that can be as proud of me as I am of them.

I believe most of the bible is to control and manipulate the masses, and anything that puts men on some higher plain because we have penises, I don't really believe.

If the bible is true, there would of been a jesus in EVERY region of the world as God would know the impossibility of "his word" reaching all across the globe. That would purposely leaving out millions and would suggest a "chosen people" from one area life after death and the rest go to hell. Sorry just can't do it personally.