ADVERTISEMENT

Delancey in Transfer Portal

Sure he isn’t going anywhere, Atleast not for a few years. That’s bad news for Nebraska football.

And it doesn’t matter how many underclassmen you play if they don’t develop In two years we will look up and the Oline will still be mediocre. Lastly, let’s see how many of those underclassmen bolt in the offseason.
C'mon man. Let it play out. It doesn't do you or anybody else any good to get so fired up about it. I truly do believe that not having spring and summer work outs hurt this team more than some teams likw NW who have virtually completely veteran squads. I THINK we showed some improvement in this past game playing with a LOT of underclassmen making major contributions. IMO, our best linebacker is a freshman. We've seen some great play by some young DBs. Piper and Benhardt are going to be really good. Scott at RB is going to be a good one as are Betts etal at WR. Give it some time. We can't go down that road of blowing things up again.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Let’s just see how the offseason goes.
There. Fixed it for you. IF we see a repeat of this year next year, I MIGHT be right there with you but I don't think we will. In the meantime, I don't think it's helpful to fan the flames of discontent. Leave that to jlb321 and the Hawkeye trolls.

more than likely, he will be gone too then
we seriously need someone on the team that will fix this crap inside the locker room. It all starts there.... real accountability to each other
I heard that he didn't travel to Iowa. I've gathered through the hint language of the local experts that Fleming has been a pain in the rear. He has talent. We all can see that, but I'm not sure it's going to work with him either.

The tough part about being tough on Fleming is that it's highly likely that he will transfer. And then Frost is losing yet another Florida kid AND yet another WR. It's getting ridiculous.

But on the other hand, given the struggles of this program, they are probably gonna lose him at the end of the year anyway (and probably several others) so the staff is right to continue to enforce some sort of standards with these guys, because if they don't, they could "lose the team" and the guys they are babying will probably transfer anyway.

this is why I believe you must fire the head coach.. keeping him on only makes the situation worse.

this is why I believe you must fire the head coach.. keeping him on only makes the situation worse.
There are only so many balls to go around for Diva wide receivers. I'll keep Betts and let Fleming go. A smallish fast WR can be fairly easily replaced. Next man up. Good heavens, Saban has high 4 and an occasional 5 star guy leave his program every year. The new transfer leniency has exacerbated divahood.

with the new transfer rule you will have to fire every head coach in football if that is your measuring stick.

You are right, weak minded players cannot hack piss poor coaching and a program in a spiral. Besides, I don’t think that this young man did well in the mustache contest.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
because weak minded kids can't hack it?
kids who possibly have a future at the next level don't usually want to play for a losing program. whatever is going on down there is bad enough that they want out. Is it really weak minded of the kid? OR is there something wrong with the coach and staff? It isn't the kids fault. Hell, the staff recruited them, but now all of a sudden they make it about poor choices of kids character? that's such bs man.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I wonder if Delancy wasn’t told to move on after last weeks tweet during the game, as for Fleming he lacks discipline he’s been doing his own thing since he got here

Why are these kids getting recruited to Nebraska if they are such a bad fit? Are the coaches bad recruiters? Not doing their due diligence on these kids? Are the Huskers missing out on good kids and settling for marginal recruits? Are Husker coaches playing favorites and chasing these kids away? I think it is a bad look for Nebraska to continue to lose kids.

I wonder if Delancy wasn’t told to move on after last weeks tweet during the game, as for Fleming he lacks discipline he’s been doing his own thing since he got here
I highly doubt he was told to move on. The kid was the most talented young DB we had.

I highly doubt he was told to move on. The kid was the most talented young DB we had.
Talent may not been enough to compensate for behavior. I'm not worrying about freshmen who decide to leave. It's too easy now for them to do it. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out decisions 18 year olds make. We're pretty well stocked on young corners. Now we've got room for one more this cycle.

Reactions: WHCSC
Talent may not been enough to compensate for behavior. I'm not worrying about freshmen who decide to leave. It's too easy now for them to do it. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out decisions 18 year olds make. We're pretty well stocked on young corners. Now we've got room for one more this cycle.
I agree, 18 year olds are dumb. No matter how much talent they have, they think they're all going to play right away even when they're nowhere ready yet. The situation we're in certainly doesn't help matters in helping them correct that thought process.

Lincoln and much of the Midwest is a culture shock for these athletes that come from other parts of the country..It's just the way it is and often exacerbated when facing adversity. 18 year olds don't always make good decisions nor display critical thinking skills.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT