ADVERTISEMENT

Delancey in Transfer Portal

I have seen several people talking about how Nebraska players who transfer end up not doing much. While it is certainly true of JD Spielman (TCU), and true of several who also didn't do much at NU, there are others who are doing pretty well. Avery Roberts (OSU... no, the other OSU... no, the other other OSU) leads his team in tackles. Greg Bell (SDSU) averages over 100 yards per game rushing. Noah Vedral (Rutgers) and Tristan Gebbia (the other other OSU) both have higher QB ratings than either of ours currently. Cam Jones (SMU) and Jaron Woodward (Marshall) are contributing on their teams which have a combined record of 14-2.

So is it safe to assume that he was the guy throwing people's clothing on the floor? If so, the guy is seriously dumb. Can't he see that we have three seniors starting in the secondary? If he's any good, his chances of playing early would have been very good

You should know because you are definitely a loser!
We're going to be 1-7 this year. This kid is talented and smart enough to realize he'll most likely be wasting his talents by staying here.

This kind of offense suits McCaffrey. There are teams that would like to have him, just not under center. If his goal is to get to the league like his dad and brother, he ought to start working in the off-season to make a position change.

So is it safe to assume that he was the guy throwing people's clothing on the floor? If so, the guy is seriously dumb. Can't he see that we have three seniors starting in the secondary? If he's any good, his chances of playing early would have been very good

We have 3 seniors that arent very good and tackle....ok so they dint really tackle they lower their head and dive. One had his 1st career interception today. Wait....1 int as a DB in 4 years? We had a Freshman backup play and get 2 int's in one half. Hut we dont see him anymore. I mean why would Frost play guys that make plays. Maybe his recruiting pitch is he will get guys to the league so he feels obligated to play upper class guys even thought they arent very good.

I’m seriously at a loss of words for what’s going on with this program... with each passing year the reality starts to sink in a little more, that I’ve probably seen the last time the big red plays for a title 😔😤... I think there are a lot of cards stacked against Nebraska’s favor right now, and how easy it is to transfer is one of those cards... I’m also very confused why we haven’t at least gave some of these young kids a shot, it’s not like they could have done much worse... I remember seeing some clip with Delancy over the off season and it looked like he was super agressive, why not play him especially if this is a free year! I have been a big advocate of having true freshmen come in and sit of their body build was t going to hold up to BIG play, but this year has been very underwhelming to say the least, why not give them a shot, and at worse you give your good ones valuable game experience, at best, you flip this loosing culture right away and you keep these young ones in the fold...

I’m starting to get annoyed just by watching my beloved huskers, I miss seeing is win games against teams that were bottom dwellers, now, sadly, we’ve become the bottom dwellers and I just don’t see an easy way out

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I’m seriously at a loss of words for what’s going on with this program... with each passing year the reality starts to sink in a little more, that I’ve probably seen the last time the big red plays for a title 😔😤... I think there are a lot of cards stacked against Nebraska’s favor right now, and how easy it is to transfer is one of those cards... I’m also very confused why we haven’t at least gave some of these young kids a shot, it’s not like they could have done much worse... I remember seeing some clip with Delancy over the off season and it looked like he was super agressive, why not play him especially if this is a free year! I have been a big advocate of having true freshmen come in and sit of their body build was t going to hold up to BIG play, but this year has been very underwhelming to say the least, why not give them a shot, and at worse you give your good ones valuable game experience, at best, you flip this loosing culture right away and you keep these young ones in the fold...

I’m starting to get annoyed just by watching my beloved huskers, I miss seeing is win games against teams that were bottom dwellers, now, sadly, we’ve become the bottom dwellers and I just don’t see an easy way out

I feel ya, and where we stand today I think we saw us play in our last national championship in 2001.

As for the young guys, we have been playing a lot. The DBs are the one area where our staff seems locked in playing the seniors unfortunately.

I don't - where is AM going to go? and LM stays around to take over, so I don't see either guy leaving. Starting completely over somewhere else isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Scott Frost, Troy Aikman, Russ Wilson, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Gardner Minshew, D'Eriq King, etc. . . prime examples of how rough it can be.

What a bunch of negative naysayers. This isn't the Husker Board I remember. It is a daily bitch session.

especially from this huskerbaseball clown. The dude is consumed

Last edited:
Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Scott Frost, Troy Aikman, Russ Wilson, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Gardner Minshew, D'Eriq King, etc. . . prime examples of how rough it can be.

And there are many times more that you've never heard of where it didn't work out ....

That’s right up there with the Big Ten having to adjust to Frost’s offense.

3 years later, the Fraud is averaging less than a TD in the second half.
Just turn in your Husker fan card and go joing the Hawk's board. Good heavens you've gone over to the dark side. You've got every Hawkeye troll on this board liking your posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Sorry I’m not delusional.

Frost is toast. It’s not pretty inside the program right now and will only be getting worse.
Not. Where do you get that it's "not pretty inside the program right now", He isn't going anywhere. All it takes is a couple of more wins this year. Other than a muffed punt and a sack fumble by one of our senior team captains, they played pretty well Saturday. When you';re starting and playing all of the underclassmen we are, I'm not sure what you expect. Geezus, when was the last time we started THREE underclassmen on the O line? What the F did you guys expect? Top 2 RBs are out. 3rd stringer goes out in the first half with a concussion. Starting a redshirt Freshmen LB due to an injury of your starter there. Redshirt Freshman starting at DE. When has that ever worked at Nebraska or ANYWHERE in the B1G for that matter. Chill.

No it’s not safe to assume that!

Could it possibly be that kids are entering the portal because they were told things that did not happen? The “corner” has been here for 3 years and anybody can see that the team is no closer to rounding it now than there were then. With that said, NCAA football has just become a stepping stone to the “league”. You just do not see the school pride anywhere that existed 20 years ago.
Before assuming they are bad kids, look a little deeper. When they were recruited, everybody thought that they were great kids.

Could it possibly be that kids are entering the portal because they were told things that did not happen? The “corner” has been here for 3 years and anybody can see that the team is no closer to rounding it now than there were then. With that said, NCAA football has just become a stepping stone to the “league”. You just do not see the school pride anywhere that existed 20 years ago.
Before assuming they are bad kids, look a little deeper. When they were recruited, everybody thought that they were great kids.
Good post.

Not. Where do you get that it's "not pretty inside the program right now", He isn't going anywhere. All it takes is a couple of more wins this year. Other than a muffed punt and a sack fumble by one of our senior team captains, they played pretty well Saturday. When you';re starting and playing all of the underclassmen we are, I'm not sure what you expect. Geezus, when was the last time we started THREE underclassmen on the O line? What the F did you guys expect? Top 2 RBs are out. 3rd stringer goes out in the first half with a concussion. Starting a redshirt Freshmen LB due to an injury of your starter there. Redshirt Freshman starting at DE. When has that ever worked at Nebraska or ANYWHERE in the B1G for that matter. Chill.

Sure he isn’t going anywhere, Atleast not for a few years. That’s bad news for Nebraska football.

And it doesn’t matter how many underclassmen you play if they don’t develop In two years we will look up and the Oline will still be mediocre. Lastly, let’s see how many of those underclassmen bolt in the offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT