ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Sanders to Colorado - OFFICIAL

Must be trying to follow the Mel Tucker path. Bring in a bunch of transfers, have one decent season there, and then parlay that into a massive contract at a better program.

Otherwise, it makes no sense. A dude who was a champion for HBCUs, going to coach at one of the whitest places in the country? There are more black people in Laramie, Wyoming than Boulder.
Neon is about Neon, and his son.

certainly a good case study to compare schools who went the traditional route and concerned themselves with fit and CU who put a premium on a guy who will get dudes and may need to figure out the whole coaching thing on the fly

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
I remember when that Arkansas State player tweeted that "Gus Malzahn done run a train on Arkansas State," when Malzahn only stayed there for a year. Players will be saying that about his time at CU once he leaves either for FSU or for the NFL when his son's eligibility expires. That said, I fully expect him to be successful at CU.

I'm not sure he'll be an immediate success at CU, but Sanders will certainly serve as a lifeline for a program that had hit rock bottom. Zero talent on the roster, perennial bottom-dweller in a mediocre conference and a fan base that had pretty much dwindled down to friends and family. From CU's standpoint - why not? What do they have to lose?

I remember when that Arkansas State player tweeted that "Gus Malzahn done run a train on Arkansas State," when Malzahn only stayed there for a year. Players will be saying that about his time at CU once he leaves either for FSU or for the NFL when his son's eligibility expires. That said, I fully expect him to be successful at CU.
I see this as a two year thing...get his son ready for the NFL. With some P5 coaching experience then maybe return to a southern school. The fact is that the programs who need him the most and will cater to him are those with struggling programs. The other schools have plenty of coaching options. Prime isn't quite there yet.....he is still not for everyone.

I'm not sure he'll be an immediate success at CU, but Sanders will certainly serve as a lifeline for a program that had hit rock bottom. Zero talent on the roster, perennial bottom-dweller in a mediocre conference and a fan base that had pretty much dwindled down to friends and family. From CU's standpoint - why not? What do they have to lose?
Hail Mary....nothing to lose. Part of the turn around will be tied to changes in admissions. The AD has gone on record that admissions have been an issue because CU is strict about what credits they accept....thus players are not always eligible. Those issues are caused by the university...not the athletic department. Gotta be able to recruit....with realistic admission requirements.

Both Rhule and Sanders will need time and have their challenges. Let's just hope Rhule can fix us quicker than Sanders can fix CU - i.e. by 9/9/23.

Hope he doesn't go to CU, as he will provide a big shot of adrenaline to their recruiting. Outside of Air Force which recruits more nationally, the college football programs in Colorado are in atrocious shape and provide little appeal to the local talent base. I would think Rhule and Co have a good opportunity to come in and get some talent within the proverbial 500 mile radius.
Colorado school of mines is in pretty good shape

Reactions: goldencohusker
By far the biggest turnaround job in college football

I’m excited to see how it goes, and also excited to see if colorado st counters by making Andre Rison their HC

At this point for me, with what he had at JSU compared to his opponents, it was like watching a coach with a select team play in a rec league... Deion has alot of confidence and he will attract a lot of talented athletes to Boulder, but what happens when the coaching and talent is fairly equal... Take a look at aTm... Deion has been standing on his athletes shoulders and calling himself tall... JMO....

Reactions: SkerInCo
Hail Mary....nothing to lose. Part of the turn around will be tied to changes in admissions. The AD has gone on record that admissions have been an issue because CU is strict about what credits they accept....thus players are not always eligible. Those issues are caused by the university...not the athletic department. Gotta be able to recruit....with realistic admission requirements.
True, but the admissions policy is driven in large part by the fact that CU is extremely dependent on tuition revenue (vs. state support). So, the powers that be want to make darned sure you don't bring a bunch of reasonably priced credits with you to apply toward your CU degree. I don't think it will be that hard for the AD to get the changes he's looking for, since he's offering hope that the football program might actually generate some revenue again.

Excitement level is pretty high out here and he has already been recruiting very hard….just hope we don’t lose kids to CU, but it’s entirely possible now and you really can’t blame kids for wanting to play for Deion Sanders. Sounds like he’s getting his roster stacked very quickly. Just hope Rhule can stop the transfers out of Lincoln….

I'm no expert on NCAA recruiting rules, but Deion introducing his son to Colorado as the next QB when he hasn't entered the portal yet would be a slippery slope, no????

Last edited:
Reactions: MargotDeeper
I hope you’re drunk and not just an idiot
why-not-both-linus-both.gif

Reactions: WHCSC
I'm no expert on NCAA recruiting rules, but Deion introducing his son to Colorado as the next QB when he hasn't entered the portal yet would be a slippery slope, no????
I had to wonder: are all new coach/current team meetings like this?

Prolly not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT