ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive players

oldjar07

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 25, 2009
There's been so many threads on the coaching staff, mistakes, and the usual things, but I'd like to give a shout out to some of our gamers on the defensive side of the ball. The two safeties Deontai and Dismuke have been playing phenomenal both in the pass game and in run support. Their experience has been huge for this defense. Reimer has done a great job holding down the middle and Domann has been great on the outside. Daniels is a complete stud, our best Dlineman since Suh and Crick. I think he can potentially go high in the draft. Thomas is another guy emerging on the DL who's creating a lot of disruption off the bench. I think these guys have been the core of this defensive unit this year that has us solidly a top 30 defense, and maybe will reach top 10 status by the end of the year. Most of the other guys are doing good things too, and I don't see massive holes like we've had in years past. Chinander as well has come up with some great game plans this year that has his unit playing well. I'm proud of the way this group has played so far, and I hope that they keep it up.

There's been so many threads on the coaching staff, mistakes, and the usual things, but I'd like to give a shout out to some of our gamers on the defensive side of the ball. The two safeties Deontai and Dismuke have been playing phenomenal both in the pass game and in run support. Their experience has been huge for this defense. Reimer has done a great job holding down the middle and Domann has been great on the outside. Daniels is a complete stud, our best Dlineman since Suh and Crick. I think he can potentially go high in the draft. Thomas is another guy emerging on the DL who's creating a lot of disruption off the bench. I think these guys have been the core of this defensive unit this year that has us solidly a top 30 defense, and maybe will reach top 10 status by the end of the year. Most of the other guys are doing good things too, and I don't see massive holes like we've had in years past. Chinander as well has come up with some great game plans this year that has his unit playing well. I'm proud of the way this group has played so far, and I hope that they keep it up.
I’ve been really happy with how our defense has played, sans the Thomas penalty yesterday. I was incredibly skeptical about Chin when Scott brought him here. Turns out he’s doing a better job than Scott.

If Trev has made up his mind, I wish he'd make the move now and name Chins interim coach. Looks like he's letting it play out though which probably means his mind isn't made up.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I dont for one minute believe its Chin who has turned our defence in to a tough fighting group like black shirts are suppost to be.Hell he never was a blackshirt and can past it along on the kind of frame of mind you should have in a game.I bet it has more to do with Jason Peters and Jay Foreman being around them in the weight room and their mean demeanor when it comes to be a Blackshirt is rubbing off.

They were noway near as tough last year and now all of a sudden there toughness switched on and i dont Think Chin's has the balls that big to make them barny badasses.Sure its his game plan,but he doesnt exude a mental toughness we see these guys has found.

• Wow
I dont for one minute believe its Chin who has turned our defence in to a tough fighting group like black shirts are suppost to be.Hell he never was a blackshirt and can past it along on the kind of frame of mind you should have in a game.I bet it has more to do with Jason Peters and Jay Foreman being around them in the weight room and their mean demeanor when it comes to be a Blackshirt is rubbing off.

They were noway near as tough last year and now all of a sudden there toughness switched on and i dont Think Chin's has the balls that big to make them barny badasses.Sure its his game plan,but he doesnt exude a mental toughness we see these guys has found.
This has to be sarcasm right? Or are you just stupid

Poor attempt at trolling. Even poorer grammar. More poor? Had to turn on my translator to figure out any sense of this. I'm sure your future efforts will be better. Good day sir!

Poor attempt at trolling. Even poorer grammar. More poor? Had to turn on my translator to figure out any sense of this. I'm sure your future efforts will be better. Good day sir!

lol, so says the sack licker!

This has to be sarcasm right? Or are you just stupid
And you think you know anything thats worth listening to.Your more wrong on here then ever right and think your the go to know it all lol ..You know more about couches then football.

And you think you know anything thats worth listening to.Your more wrong on here then ever right and think your the go to know it all lol ..You know more about couches then football.
Wtf? Are you on on meth?

btw, when you want to criticize someone for being wrong, maybe use correct spelling and grammar, and maybe even punctuation from time to time.

and when have I ever claimed to state anything other than opinions?

I believe that our defense has statistically improved every year under Chinander. That’s coaching.

If Trev has made up his mind, I wish he'd make the move now and name Chins interim coach. Looks like he's letting it play out though which probably means his mind isn't made up.
Beagle. None of really know what Alberts is thinking. I do think even if he has made up his mind, the idea of firing Frost right after the way NU lost the other night could look like a knee-jerk reaction. Like maybe Moos was canned and Alberts was brought in to fire Frost, too. A handful of people actually know what's coming up.

It probably wouldn't sit right with some people in the state and who knows how the national media would spin it.

I remember USC fired Kiffin's ass right off the plane, and Bama fired Price for going to strip clubs before he even started to coach the team. It's funny how some of us can just "remember" that cause its just a different way to deal with a coach.

Personally, I don't give a crap what Alberts does. He will or won't make a decision and hopefully before long we can all just turn the page. Peace out.

I actually think it was frost, martinez, our o-line and receivers...that made the defense tough
by putting them in every bad situation possible under the sun.

the damndest thing is they responded with bringing the blackshirts back to life.
may the offense respond similarly

I actually think it was frost, martinez, our o-line and receivers...that made the defense tough
by putting them in every bad situation possible under the sun.

the damndest thing is they responded with bringing the blackshirts back to life.
may the offense respond similarly
This ^^

Defense is playing like they have to win the game because the Offense and definitely the Special Teams are not going to do their part to win it!

I’ve been really happy with how our defense has played, sans the Thomas penalty yesterday. I was incredibly skeptical about Chin when Scott brought him here. Turns out he’s doing a better job than Scott.
I didn't see what was penalty worthy on that sack by Thomas. It was hardly a wwf slam, and was hardly late

Reactions: huntered
You forgot what position the offensive player plays
I mean, look at the two "targeting" reviews. There isnt even a 2nd look if they were a WR/RB (or Martinez).

Also, Ive never quite understood how an offensive player can lower their head and lead with it without penalty, but a defender cant. Look at Heyword's catch when he trucked half of our defensive back 7.

I didn't see what was penalty worthy on that sack by Thomas. It was hardly a wwf slam, and was hardly late
Yeah I'm not going to fault him for that. It was a great play that should have even been a fumble. Not a fan of the zebras trying to take away every big play with penalties, and it's making college football boring as hell.

I mean, look at the two "targeting" reviews. There isnt even a 2nd look if they were a WR/RB (or Martinez).

Also, Ive never quite understood how an offensive player can lower their head and lead with it without penalty, but a defender cant. Look at Heyword's catch when he trucked half of our defensive back 7.
Yeah one of them wasn't even called on the field. Dumbest rule in all of sports.

Wtf? Are you on on meth?

btw, when you want to criticize someone for being wrong, maybe use correct spelling and grammar, and maybe even punctuation from time to time.

and when have I ever claimed to state anything other than opinions?

I believe that our defense has statistically improved every year under Chinander. That’s coa
WTF! Your the one who likes to try and belittle people on here with your opinion! Your always being sarcastic to people on here.Move out mommies basement and stop touching your self,Maybe you'll stop being a smart a hole.

And who hired you as grammar police on here,or does it make you feel better about yourself pointing out other people's mistakes.Your pathetic!

WTF! Your the one who likes to try and belittle people on here with your opinion! Your always being sarcastic to people on here.Move out mommies basement and stop touching your self,Maybe you'll stop being a smart a hole.

And who hired you as grammar police on here,or does it make you feel better about yourself pointing out other people's mistakes.Your pathetic!
Generally, I try to ignore grammar issues. When typing, it can be easy to make a typo here and there.

That being said, wow…

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3

that dirty f'r. sure wish he was on our side.

Beagle. None of really know what Alberts is thinking. I do think even if he has made up his mind, the idea of firing Frost right after the way NU lost the other night could look like a knee-jerk reaction. Like maybe Moos was canned and Alberts was brought in to fire Frost, too. A handful of people actually know what's coming up.

It probably wouldn't sit right with some people in the state and who knows how the national media would spin it.

I remember USC fired Kiffin's ass right off the plane, and Bama fired Price for going to strip clubs before he even started to coach the team. It's funny how some of us can just "remember" that cause its just a different way to deal with a coach.

Personally, I don't give a crap what Alberts does. He will or won't make a decision and hopefully before long we can all just turn the page. Peace out.
I am very comfortable with Trev doing the evaluations. I think he'll do the right thing for Husker football regardless of whether fans like it or not.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3

yup. So, opinions belittle people. There went 99.99999% of this board's posts. Very few facts that arent wrapped in some sort of OPINION. Yeah, I still live with my mother, who passed away after a long battle with stomach cancer a year ago last week. Thanks for bringing that up. Good one. When has sarcasm been a crime, or do you just not understand that it's sarcam? And I will never stop being smart, or an a hole.

btw, its YOU'RE, not your. 🤣

Last edited:
yup. So, opinions belittle people. There went 99.99999% of this board's posts. Very few facts that arent wrapped in some sort of OPINION. Yeah, I still live with my mother, who passed away after a long battle with stomach cancer a year ago last week. Thanks for bringing that up. Good one. When has sarcasm been a crime, or do you just not understand that it's sarcam? And I will never stop being smart, or an a hole.

btw, its YOU'RE, not your. 🤣
Your mother must of spent to much time out at night making money and didnt spend quality time with you,so now you take your anger out spending all day on husker sites giving people crap!

And i thought Iowa fans had mental issue's. Sarcam? lol

Not sure what “anger” I have taken out on people. You have the insults of a teenager by the way.
And you were the one calling out my sarcasm, so not sure why you questioned my use of it. Go back home troll.

Im done with this convo. And consider yourself “ignored”

Not sure what “anger” I have taken out on people. You have the insults of a teenager by the way.
And you were the one calling out my sarcasm, so not sure why you questioned my use of it. Go back home troll.

Im done with this convo. And consider yourself “ignored”
Thank You and have a good night!

ADVERTISEMENT