ADVERTISEMENT

Dedrick Mills arrested on the 14th

You mean you're supposed to show up to traffic court? Thats what that time and date mean on my ticket? Thanks Mr Obvious. I never made the connection.

Guess you can't be like John Milner and just put all your tickets in your glove box! ;)

JohnMilner.jpg

Getting back on the rails, what you all thinking it means for his Nebraska future? Hope he can still get here for the spring semester.

If he’s out, bring on Bivens.
But I’m still a fan of bringing an experienced back into the room.

Reactions: blackbones
I dont think this enough to drop a kid but could explain what the delay was about! This news is actually not that bad...I thought he was looking somewhere else..or did not graduate. He could be ready for spring..just has to pay the original ticket/new ticket/and license reinstatement fee.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Getting back on the rails, what you all thinking it means for his Nebraska future? Hope he can still get here for the spring semester.

Hopefully we can get this done and get him on campus. He should be able to plea this down and get it cleaned up.... unless he has prior issues

or did not graduate

I have a hard time understanding how the kid cannot have enough credits to graduate from a JUCO. Unless I am mistaken he was at Georgia Tech at least a semester, maybe two and at Garden City for a year and a half, one of those he was injured and didn't play the entire year.

This kid, pure and simple, needs to take care of business, all of it. It all reflects on his ability to manage HIS life and do the right things in order to be successful.

I have a hard time understanding how the kid cannot have enough credits to graduate from a JUCO. Unless I am mistaken he was at Georgia Tech at least a semester, maybe two and at Garden City for a year and a half, one of those he was injured and didn't play the entire year.

This kid, pure and simple, needs to take care of business, all of it. It all reflects on his ability to manage HIS life and do the right things in order to be successful.

I don’t understand how these kids can have everything thrown in front of them and they’re stupid enough to piss it away.

Reactions: huskerfan66

Bivens is coming off a very bad knee injury and I have heard rumors of possible academic issues. If good to go he's a helluva talent.

He is 21 yr old who ignored/couldnt pay a traffic ticket...relax.

Did you actually read the link? Failure to appear, driving on a suspended license (what did he do to get to this point?), speeding. This would make the most casual observer ask more questions. On top of that he was suspended from the team his freshman year at Tech. Eventually, the most casual observer has to wonder.

Last edited:
Why is it a felony? Hopefully, it gets plea bargained to a misdemeanor. He needs to learn from Dennard and find other legal ways to commute until he legally gets his license back. Guessing Uber and Lyft driver's will get to know him well.

Did you actually read the link? Failure to appear, driving on a suspended license (what did he do to get to this point?), soeeding. This would make the most casual observer ask more questions. On top of that he was suspended from the team his freshman year at Tech. Eventually, the most casual observer has to wonder.
Pattern of bad decision making.

I don’t understand how these kids can have everything thrown in front of them and they’re stupid enough to piss it away.
I agree, I just don't understand it, only thing I can think of these athletes were pampered since pop warner and throughout high school, look at the number who struggled to make grades, yeah I realize some public schools are gawd awful, you take a small percentage give them a inch they take a mile, think they can walk on water, and sadly they sink and few it's forever

I bet some minors on the team have consumed alcohol (or worse), and stayed out past curfew. Hope HCSF has a zero-tolerance policy for players who openly flaunt these egregious behaviors.

Reactions: red scowl
I have no idea if this is the holdup with him or if it is the grad status. I know that with Jeff Simms leaving, it has clouded the communication between NU and the school a bit. The problem with Mills is that he has a prior history and then this. We definitely need a player of his caliber, but I’m sure they are doing the due diligence on him. Early enrollee JUCO players have until Jan 15th to sign, or in this case Jan 14th, as that’s the last day to enroll in classes at NU.

I bet some minors on the team have consumed alcohol (or worse), and stayed out past curfew. Hope HCSF has a zero-tolerance policy for players who openly flaunt these egregious behaviors.

I once saw a starter litter while jaywalking.
Hooligans and scofflaws!

I don't think that's enough to drop the kid. A DUI or something like that would be different story.
If he has a suspended license, it isn't improbable that it was for a DUI. As I posted on here when he didn't sign, I wonder if the issue he had at Georgia Tech causing his dismissal had shown up again. It would seem that he has a problem with personal responsibility. I'm not sure that the personal issues he has are worth the contribution he might make to our team. It may be time to move on. Seems cruel but at some point he has to learn to take care of his business.

Reactions: ssmill777
There seems to be a pattern with this kid. I would say goodbye.
Yeah, we don't know the true story, but he was a star in the making at Georgia Tech and the Rambling Wreck parted ways with him. That's a pretty big deal. But I'm all for second chances and NU needs to take a risk or two-- we're not Alabama or Clemson. However, if the staff has enough reason to back away from Mills then I would support that.

Don’t forget Stanley Morgan had an incident, and some blasted him for needing to be removed from the team. He’s not only one of Nebraska’s greatest receivers, but also was an excellent teammate. He epitomized the humility of going to work everyday and maintaining the brotherhood in the locker room amid a couple tumultuous years.

I would respect staff for breaking ties with Mills if they feel that he really has flawed character, but young men make mistakes and still have potential to excel in the structure of the Husker system.

This staff didn’t give up on Mo Washington who’s pre-Nebraska life needed a closer look beyond just gettting kicked out of his high school senior year and being an academic risk.

I trust Frost & Co. to evaluate an entire situation closely and make proper decisions accordingly.

Don’t forget Stanley Morgan had an incident, and some blasted him for needing to be removed from the team.

I don't even recall what Morgan's "incident" was but to compare his apparently singular "incident" to Mills failure to appear in two different states, having a suspended license and who knows what else is a bit misleading.

The other comment that "A lot of 21 year olds struggle with this" (decision making) while it is true to an extent, I am not certain what 'a lot" is and we seem to have a pretty good track record going on right now with this group we have on campus. One time is understandable to a degree, more than that is a pattern and throw in some of the other stuff we don't even know about.

Then ask yourself a question, if you were securing him for your company and to be a representative of it, would you do it? I am not saying either way, the coaches will have access to more information than we do so that is on them but I learned a long time ago when bringing people on board to not ignore red flags.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT