ADVERTISEMENT

Dedrick Mills Appreciation thread

blackshirts25

Walk On
Dec 10, 2004
Scanned the first page and didn’t see anything on it. That Dude ran hard yesterday, really hard, and overall improved big time in the second half of the season. Several real time moments and savory slow-mos during the game of him trucking Iowa defenders, to include defensive linemen, for clutch yards. I think he has a chance to really springboard into a great senior season (especially if we can recruit and/or find him some healthy help that doesn’t include our 4th string RB being the 2 in the 1-2 punch).

Was it coaching? Play calling? DM taking it into his own hands? A mix of all three?

Not sure. Just glad to see the huge improvement after many were calling him another JUCO RB bust recruited by Frost. Glad he’s a Husker.

GBR

he did end up being our best player i think. i was surprised, however, recently when it was stated he only had 17 carries (was it against wisconsin?) and came out repeatedly because he reported "being gassed." what of the vaunted off field conditioning program

Been a beast and not getting used enough (in favor of the horrid swing pass... Ad: “The Nebraska swing pass: when you really prefer 2nd and 12”).
My critique of him is sometimes he struggles to stay on his feet and pulls a Dan Alexander falling down forward like he’s expecting to hit a defender that isn’t there.

Reactions: CatColumbia
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT