Death Penalty

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Most of the time when you ask me I'd say I'm against the death penalty. The risk of killing an innocent person is the main reason but just in general I don't see how eye for an eye type punishments make sense. i.e. what you did is wrong so we're going to do it to you.

Then I see articles like this and I hope that the person responsible is killed in the most physically and mentally painful way.

The unidentified boy was discovered with multiple wounds about 5:30 a.m. Saturday, Dallas police said. Investigators believe an "edged weapon" was used.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Most of the time when you ask me I'd say I'm against the death penalty. The risk of killing an innocent person is the main reason but just in general I don't see how eye for an eye type punishments make sense. i.e. what you did is wrong so we're going to do it to you.

Then I see articles like this and I hope that the person responsible is killed in the most physically and mentally painful way.

The unidentified boy was discovered with multiple wounds about 5:30 a.m. Saturday, Dallas police said. Investigators believe an "edged weapon" was used.
1600s execution methods would be to good for those sick fvcks.

Razor blades, lemon juice, and adrenaline to ward off shock for anyone that abuses kids physically or sexually

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

I am with you. I used to be OK with the death penalty but life in prison without parole would be pretty damn bad too.

As far as whoever killed this toddler though, yeah let them fry.

countrybob

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2003
I am with you. I used to be OK with the death penalty but life in prison without parole would be pretty damn bad too.

As far as whoever killed this toddler though, yeah let them fry.
I agree, that's why I say if it's pedophile's and the like a bullet in the head is too darn good for them. Need to be tortured in some manner for a substantial amount of time, makes my blood boil!

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
How was church this morning everyone? Do you pay extra in offering for the blood lust or have you cherry picked a verse to justify it.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Anything less than 3 square meals, unfettered access to prison heroin, conjugal sex visits, plenty of fresh air in the the yard, and cable TV in your cell. Anything less than that is cruel and unusual punishment.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Anything less than 3 square meals, unfettered access to prison heroin, conjugal sex visits, plenty of fresh air in the the yard, and cable TV in your cell. Anything less than that is cruel and unusual punishment.

I’d suggest access to counseling, mental health services, education for all inmates. Rehabilitation instead of punishment. How we respond as a nation shows just as much about our hearts. Vengeance and blood lust seems to be the direction as stands. 💔

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
I’d suggest access to counseling, mental health services, education for all inmates. Rehabilitation instead of punishment. How we respond as a nation shows just as much about our hearts. Vengeance and blood lust seems to be the direction as stands. 💔
I’d suggest you shove those where the sun doesn’t shine. People who have no regard for life, the worst of the worst, they don’t deserve compassion. They’ve destroyed many other lives through their actions.

We have libs on here saying that people who refuse a vaccination deserve the death penalty with no compassion. Serial killers and rapists have earned liberals’ compassion but conservatives don’t. I would reevaluate my life if I was you.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
I’d suggest you shove those where the sun doesn’t shine. People who have no regard for life, the worst of the worst, they don’t deserve compassion. They’ve destroyed many other lives through their actions.

We have libs on here saying that people who refuse a vaccination deserve the death penalty with no compassion. Serial killers and rapists have earned liberals’ compassion but conservatives don’t. I would reevaluate my life if I was you.

State sanctioned bloodlust is wrong. Everyone deserves compassion. Same could be said about conservatives spreading virus disinformation which has led to many families mourning as well

Reactions: philosophusker

Wyldcard

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2018
There's a difference between a child molester and some one that slices up a 4 year old.
I know, in the case of this bastard, I'd put the m'fr in a basin, secure the hands and feet and desolve the sob alive with acid starting at the feet and working my way up.

Reactions: countrybob

TheSeventhBrat

Administrator
Jun 26, 2003
Omaha

When I was in my teens and early 20s, I was a strong death penalty supporter -- I was 13 years old when John Joubert killed Danny Joe Eberle and Christopher Paul Walden. And I lived relatively close from where Chris Walden was taken. I believed at the time that all murderers should be executed. A rather myopic POV, admittedly.

Today, I still believe in and support the death penalty, but in only for certain situations. Your run of the mill homicide? No. Serial killers, mass murderers, child killers? Yes. The most heinous and outrageous crimes deserve the most heinous and outrageous outcomes.

With the above said, I do want the defendant to receive a fair trial with the right to appeals. Death penalty cases should not have a shadow of a doubt as to the defendant's guilt. And if that means they sit on death row for 20 years, then so be it.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
When I was in my teens and early 20s, I was a strong death penalty supporter -- I was 13 years old when John Joubert killed Danny Joe Eberle and Christopher Paul Walden. And I lived relatively close from where Chris Walden was taken. I believed at the time that all murderers should be executed. A rather myopic POV, admittedly.

Today, I still believe in and support the death penalty, but in only for certain situations. Your run of the mill homicide? No. Serial killers, mass murderers, child killers? Yes. The most heinous and outrageous crimes deserve the most heinous and outrageous outcomes.

With the above said, I do want the defendant to receive a fair trial with the right to appeals. Death penalty cases should not have a shadow of a doubt as to the defendant's guilt. And if that means they sit on death row for 20 years, then so be it.

Can respect. I went thru two murder trials in College. If any Fremont people are in here I was very very close with Amy stahlecker. I held deep anger and blood lust. I dreamed of what I would do to the guys who killed her and my other friend. Shortly after becoming a Christian, I could no longer justify my hatred. If Jesus said everyone is redeemable, that means everyone.

TheSeventhBrat

Administrator
Jun 26, 2003
Omaha
Can respect. I went thru two murder trials in College. If any Fremont people are in here I was very very close with Amy stahlecker. I held deep anger and blood lust. I dreamed of what I would do to the guys who killed her and my other friend. Shortly after becoming a Christian, I could no longer justify my hatred. If Jesus said everyone is redeemable, that means everyone.
Evil is not redeemable.

Not every murderer is evil, but the evil ones deserve no mercy.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Education for a murderer without parole? Hell no. Why educate them? Way different than someone being paroled.

Reactions: countrybob

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004

You aren't being very empathetic here which is the opposite of what you told me earlier today.

Reactions: steinek11

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
God the father said “an eye for an eye”, and Jesus wasn’t some damn dirty hippie pacifist by day, but a closet hater on the Open Scrolls like you.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
What? When did I say I wanted to fight you? Can you search out that post?
I said you were yellow, and you said you weren’t. I said to meet up and you can show me how tough you are. You said “deal”, and if you want to move up the deadline and meet at HyVee with your boy @H2Oman and his daughter, I’ll bring Cornpop and we can party.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
I said you were yellow, and you said you weren’t. I said to meet up and you can show me how tough you are. You said “deal”, and if you want to move up the deadline and meet at HyVee with your boy @H2Oman and his daughter, I’ll bring Cornpop and we can party.
Are you on crack? Serious question.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
God the father said “an eye for an eye”, and Jesus wasn’t some damn dirty hippie pacifist by day, but a closet hater on the Open Scrolls like you.
Lol. You follow the rest of Leviticus also? Jesus says to forgive, turn the other cheek 490 times, and to holster the sword.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014

So angry. Do you drink? I bet you do. A lot

Reactions: nelsonj22

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Are you on crack? Serious question.

giphy.gif