ADVERTISEMENT

DB Jeremiah Newcombe

Newcombe is one of my all time favorites. I watched him play in HS in albuquerque. He had a nice career at nebraska and yet nobody will ever know what might have been if he wasn't injured.
Exactly....along with Mickey....two potentially unreal careers done in by injury....

His webpage says he loves basketball as well. Wonder if he'd want to play both here. It's something we could offer.

• Point Guard | GPA: 3.5
  • 1st Love Basketball
  • Multi-Sport Athlete: Basketball, Football, Track & Field

Exactly....along with Mickey....two potentially unreal careers done in by injury....
Its been alot of years, but I don't remember Newcombe's knee injury being that significant or turning him into a before/after type of player. To me , his career as a QB was undone more because he was competing against another generational talent in Crouch, and the injury was just enough to give Crouch an edge and he never looked back. Almost feels like there hasn't been a real QB competition since Crouch/Newcombe - I'm sure there has, but feels like we've been rolling from one four-year starter after the next for a generation.

Reactions: jlh19801
Its been alot of years, but I don't remember Newcombe's knee injury being that significant or turning him into a before/after type of player. To me , his career as a QB was undone more because he was competing against another generational talent in Crouch, and the injury was just enough to give Crouch an edge and he never looked back. Almost feels like there hasn't been a real QB competition since Crouch/Newcombe - I'm sure there has, but feels like we've been rolling from one four-year starter after the next for a generation.
I can’t think of any real QB competition since then. It’s been pretty bleak.

Maybe I just don't remember a silent commit working out for us but it seems like those rumors never turn out to be true. Maybe the Ohio States and Bama's have different results...but that just sounds like B.S. to me when I hear that.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
raiola silent commit to ohio state. time to move on from the kid. it stings sure but there was very little chance he was ever coming to lincoln outside of entertaining his father.
Regardless of any silent commit rumors, I’ve always thought our chances are beyond slim since the first time I saw him throw a ball on his visit here last year.

Sometimes strange things happen (look at Deon and Jackson St), but there will be a lot of suffocating if we’re holding our breath.

I wouldn’t discount the peer recruiting impact he can have by just showing some interest in us.
Already been a national article about his visit I think, so that’s good for our much maligned brand.

Maybe I just don't remember a silent commit working out for us but it seems like those rumors never turn out to be true. Maybe the Ohio States and Bama's have different results...but that just sounds like B.S. to me when I hear that.
The problem is they are silent so how would anyone really know?

Great talent wants to play for a winning program. Doesn't sound too out of the ordinary for me.

Bobby hurt his knee I believe his sophomore year and he was never the same kinda like Tracy wistrom after his knee injury he wasnt the same player I always wondered if Frank didn’t hurry them back sooner than they should have been

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT