ADVERTISEMENT

daylight saving time?

Nebraska Fan

Graduate Assistant
Sep 1, 2004
seems to me those who are more outdoors people type like daylight savings time and the more indoors type people like standard time.

I think it's more about where you work. Because I work in an office, I would love to have daylight savings time year-round. What do I care if it's dark in the morning? I'm just going to the office anyway, and I would much rather have more daylight in the evening..But if I was a farmer or a contractor or a salesman, I wouldn't feel that way.

I am still struggling to wake up early to go to the gym when it is dark out when I wake up!

Should have left in for the first week in April.... 2nd weekend in March it's still Winter.

Given the choice, I prefer daylight savings time to standard time. I'm not even that active outdoors. However, I wish we would just adopt DST year round. The change in the spring is always a pain and I don't like going home from work at a normal time in the winter and the sun has already set. Plus I find it easier to focus at work in the morning when it is dark when I get in.

I like it. I hate having to change my schedule, but if it weren't for day light savings, I wouldn't get to see the sun most days of the week....

Originally posted by shine003:
I like it. I hate having to change my schedule, but if it weren't for day light savings, I wouldn't get to see the sun most days of the week....
Your joking about this when summer times comes. What do you do for a living if your at work before daylight and you leave when it's dark in the summer.
confused0006.r191677.gif

I don't care, but I wish the US would pick one and stay with it year-round. Almost makes me want to move to HI or AZ so I don't have to deal with the inconvenience of changing all my clocks every year and being zoned-out (literally) for a couple days.

If I'm not changing clocks all the time, I can spend more time researching who is going to be the QB and RB.

always think of this editorial when DST is mentioned

[Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 2007]

You may have noticed that March of this year was particularly hot. As a matter of fact, I understand that it was the hottest March since the beginning of the last century. All of the trees were fully leafed out and legions of bugs and snakes were crawling around during a time in Arkansas when, on a normal year, we might see a snowflake or two.

This should come as no surprise to any reasonable person. As you know, Daylight Saving Time started almost a month early this year. You would think that members of Congress would have considered the warming effect that an extra hour of daylight would have on our climate. Or did they?

Perhaps this is another plot by a liberal Congress to make us believe that global warming is a real threat. Perhaps next time there should be serious studies performed before Congress passes laws with such far-reaching effects.

CONNIE M. MESKIMEN
Hot Springs

Originally posted by scarletred:

Your joking about this when summer times comes. What do you do for a living if your at work before daylight and you leave when it's dark in the summer.
confused0006.r191677.gif
Techno DJ

Originally posted by jawatkins:
Originally posted by scarletred:

confused0024.r191677.gif

hahah nice jlb

I love Daylight Savings Time! Nothing better than having some extra daylight in the evenings after work and school

We now live in a 24 hr per day world, so there is not much point to fiddling with the clock. Save the time and just let the clock run.

It's great getting off work and still having daylight to do something outside. I gladly trade my hour of sleep for that. I wish they would just leave it where it is now.

Originally posted by jlb321:

You may have noticed that March of this year was particularly hot. As a matter of fact, I understand that it was the hottest March since the beginning of the last century. All of the trees were fully leafed out and legions of bugs and snakes were crawling around during a time in Arkansas when, on a normal year, we might see a snowflake or two.

This should come as no surprise to any reasonable person. As you know, Daylight Saving Time started almost a month early this year. You would think that members of Congress would have considered the warming effect that an extra hour of daylight would have on our climate. Or did they?

Perhaps this is another plot by a liberal Congress to make us believe that global warming is a real threat. Perhaps next time there should be serious studies performed before Congress passes laws with such far-reaching effects.

CONNIE M. MESKIMEN
Hot Springs
Unbelievable.

I personally would prefer that we did not observe it. I get up at 4:45 to get to my office by 6:00 AM, so I go to bed by 9:00 almost every night. In the middle of summer it's still quite light outdoors at 9:00 PM (thank God I don't live in Alaska). I'd rather have the sun come up at 4:50 AM and set at 8:00 PM as it would in Omaha if we did not observe DST.

Originally posted by saluno22:
Given the choice, I prefer daylight savings time to standard time. I'm not even that active outdoors. However, I wish we would just adopt DST year round. The change in the spring is always a pain and I don't like going home from work at a normal time in the winter and the sun has already set. Plus I find it easier to focus at work in the morning when it is dark when I get in.
I agree! I wish it would stay year round. This spring has been awesome with the month-early change. I can spend so much more time outside with my girls after work.

In winter, I work 7a.m. to 6/7 p.m. and it sucks getting home and having little sunlight left to play with the kiddos. I would love it in the winter if it didn't get dark until after 6p.m.

In summer, I farm and my family has never been early risers, but we work until midnight farming most nights.

I prefer the sun going down in the summer at 10p.m. as opposed to 9p.m., especially around the 4th of July. I it so nice to spend late evening hours in the yard with the family after work.

I always hoped Nebraska would adopt the year round DST.

I don't like losing sleep but it is easy to make up for.

Super sonic jet fighter.

Originally posted by Husker "C":
Originally posted by jlb321:

CONNIE M. MESKIMEN
Hot Springs
Unbelievable.
Reminds me of the one about the North Koreans landing a man on the sun by sending him at night!

I wish they would pick one or the other and just go with it. It was almost getting light enough in the morning where I was ready to start getting up and exercising my dog before work again, then that hour is gone. It has definitely been harder for me to get up in the morning to jerk that hour back all at once.

If you need outside light that much for your work, you're going to set your schedule around the light regardless of what time it is. You don't need somebody to magically distort time and be like, "THERE! I CREATED MORE DAYLIGHT FOR YOU!" The whole premise is stupid, like altering a clock has anything to do with how many hours of "daylight" there are.

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
It has definitely been harder for me to get up in the morning to jerk
I think most would agree that doing that at night just before bed is the best route to take. Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT