ADVERTISEMENT

Dawson is official

I'm liking what I think I'm seeing here from Nebraska... Many want to know everything all at once but Nebraska is being smart with their announcements... it's pure marketing genius... the more your name is brought up the more attention is sent your way good/bad. In the end the more attention allows more people, in this case recruits to notice the program and the positive direction it's heading...

1st) Dawson announcement... a Coach everyone loves with great experience coming back to the program after a stint in the NFL, albeit a short one... This grabs attention

2nd) Snyder news... its all over the news right now about the competition for this hot commodity for this position group. Nebraska is getting attention from the competition alone which is good... after they win and have him on staff this will capture even more college headlines

3rd) the Big one... Helfrich coming in any capacity is going to draw even more headlines....

Everytime a kid or a kids family see's Nebraska's name pop up like this is an indication that this is still a team on the rise and that they should pay attention... Frost & Co have done some really great things on the recruiting trail already and attention like this will only help the matter!

The Future is bright!
GBR!

I don't really care either, it's not my money, but it's interesting to me why the outside linebackers coach here makes as much as they do compared to other positions. Dewitt was the 2nd-highest paid position coach after Austin, making a lot more than Fisher and Held before their recent raises. I guess because he coached specials teams too? But when Dawson's raise kicks in, he'll be the highest-paid position coach and won't have any other duties.
DeWitt got paid more because he had the title of SP coordinator. Some of it is just window dressing for administration and fans to justify paying somebody a little more.

I don't think it's a secret that Beckton would like to get back down south. He had never lived outside of Florida in his entire life before coming here.
There was the story, not sure if true or a joke that the first time he came up to Lincoln there was a snow scraper/brush in the rental car and he asked the attendant what it was for since he had never seen one before.

There was the story, not sure if true or a joke that the first time he came up to Lincoln there was a snow scraper/brush in the rental car and he asked the attendant what it was for since he had never seen one before.
Hope he didnt get home and just stare at the garbage disposal Eek

ADVERTISEMENT