ADVERTISEMENT

Davison to Associate AD

• Thread starter anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
  • Start date
I get questioning Davison's experience or qualifications. Fine. But... I don't get saying the hire needs a security blanket to "protect" him in the AD. That makes no sense. Protect him from what? Is Moos out to get him? So yeah... dumb post.

I get questioning Davison's experience or qualifications. Fine. But... I don't get saying the hire needs a security blanket to "protect" him in the AD. That makes no sense. Protect him from what? Is Moos out to get him? So yeah... dumb post.
Merely repeating what the experts on hph are saying.

The whole thought is stupid, but thats what Harold the lawyer and his buddies are using for a reason that this is a good hire.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
So what is "experience" or "skill" in order to be a great athletic director? Do you need to be a lawyer, a football coach, a former player? Our current AD is old, would like to retire in 5 years or less. Matty is young, intelligent, invested, experienced with all sports at the university. He will have the experience he needs by the time Moos retires.

Exactly.

Especially with our recent outrageously pathetic ADs such as Pedeyshine & SE .....getting Davision trained to take over in a couple of years makes good sense to me.

Maybe they should hire Paul Meyers back too as associate AD.

Since SE fired him.

With all the problems in the Nebraska Football Program and Athletic Department people are worried about Matt Davison possibly becoming an Associate AD?

DDvX_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

With all the problems in the Nebraska Football Program and Athletic Department people are worried about Matt Davison possibly becoming an Associate AD?

DDvX_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
What problems? Other than just firing the football coach (deservedly so), the AD is in the best shape it has ever been fiscally. Can you point out these problems and how they need fixed?

What problems? Other than just firing the football coach (deservedly so), the AD is in the best shape it has ever been fiscally. Can you point out these problems and how they need fixed?

Prior to Moos being hired people were concerned about micromanaging and the size of the athletic department. Those concerns might be in the past with the hiring of Bill Moos.

Prior to Moos being hired people were concerned about micromanaging and the size of the athletic department. Those concerns might be in the past with the hiring of Bill Moos.
And hiring someone with no experience, because they are friends with the coach is gonna fix That? I hope so!

And hiring someone with no experience, because they are friends with the coach is gonna fix That? I hope so!

If” he has been hired as an Associate AD in the Athletic Department...it will be to assist the football progam but the hiring WILL NOT make or break if the team ultimately has success in the future.

Reactions: Sinomatic
If” he has been hired as an Associate AD in the Athletic Department...it will be to assist the football progam but it WILL NOT make or break if the team ultimately has success in the future.
Ok. That sounds solid

I would have thought that a two sport athlete at NU and broadcaster, for what, 10 years, would have a unique prospective on the department and the conference...if nothing less for his media contacts and communication skills alone. But, what do I know...like you I'm just some stupid schmoe on a fan board...however, I try not to show my ignorance though.

Paul Meyers was fired on account of a Bo malfeasance. Bo used his friends and power to many bad ends!

Riley sucks and he needed to be fired. There, I have the same experience and qualifications as Matt. Can I have an AD job too?
You have the trust of the head football coach and are someone Husker fans automatically want to get close to because you made one of the top plays in Husker history during a national championship season? YOU'RE JOHNNY ROGERS?!?

Riley sucks and he needed to be fired. There, I have the same experience and qualifications as Matt. Can I have an AD job too?
Depends. How long did it take for you to figure that out?

Do you really have a problem with the new head coach having support in the AD?

The rumor on Twitter I thought was director of football operations

I have to laugh at all the statements made as factual that hold no fact whatsoever!

Look 4.6.3 rubs some (hell I'll be honest, a lot) people the wrong way. But just because we are all super excited about Frost coming back and hopefully turning things around, doesnt mean someone is a dick or not a fan or a hater for not being down with cronyism and questioning Davison's experience or qualifications.
A lot of times life is about who you know, and it happens in all walks of business. Doesn't mean it can't end up being a great hire. I trust who we have making these decisions until proven otherwise. There's no reason to bitch about it constantly when we're not even sure if he actually has been hired yet.

Reactions: scarletred
Look 4.6.3 rubs some (hell I'll be honest, a lot) people the wrong way. But just because we are all super excited about Frost coming back and hopefully turning things around, doesnt mean someone is a dick or not a fan or a hater for not being down with cronyism and questioning Davison's experience or qualifications.
No, I really hate Nebraska I guess for not wanting the same crap repeated.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I think Davisons salary should all go to Shevin Wiggins for making his whole career after college a possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT