ADVERTISEMENT

Davison … the guy has 9 lives

I was a college freshman in the fall of '92 when I rode with my roommate to Tecumseh to watch a playoff game between Randolph and Tecumseh. I remember thinking, "Hey, this Davison kid is a really good football player." Little did I know he'd end up being the luckiest bastard I would ever lay eyes upon in my life, parlaying one lucky bounce of the football into a lifetime gravy train.

I have no proof of this but it sure feels like there was something weird going on with Sean Callahan and the ABM stuff. His over the top praise for it despite us having a website that looked like a 4th grader made it from a template, support of Frost even after the firing. Now we’ve got Davison starting another NIL company.

Maybe it can provide benefit to student athletes but it just feels very grimy. I don’t know why, I probably have a bias here.

If I was going to stake my bets on which NIL program will be successful / have a positive impact on our program I’d go with The Big Red Collaborative. I was pretty impressed by their setup, and they’ve got some great business minds helping out with it in former CFO’s of TD Ameritrade and Cabellas.

EDIT: from LJS article…

“The 1890 Initiative will take over all business from ABM — the original and largest collective involved with NU athletes — when it ceases operation at the end of the year.”

Interesting…

Last edited:
Nothing says he won’t still be on the radio. The weasel just won’t go away. Lol. Imagine thinking someone in charge of paying athletes should be anywhere near a radio booth. Program inbreeding continues on.

Reactions: moralvictories
I love the kid and think he's great on gameday.....good for him, and were it not for gim we don't go on to win one of our titles.

Reactions: rucker4
I love the kid and think he's great on gameday.....good for him, and were it not for gim we don't go on to win one of our titles.
I reluctantly agree, although I think he should be paying a monthly stipend to Shevin Wiggins. And if drinking and effing around at the Country Club is what makes a good NIL fundraiser, he must be among the best.

I have no proof of this but it sure feels like there was something weird going on with Sean Callahan and the ABM stuff. His over the top praise for it despite us having a website that looked like a 4th grader made it from a template, support of Frost even after the firing. Now we’ve got Davison starting another NIL company.

Maybe it can provide benefit to student athletes but it just feels very grimy. I don’t know why, I probably have a bias here.

If I was going to stake my bets on which NIL program will be successful / have a positive impact on our program I’d go with The Big Red Collaborative. I was pretty impressed by their setup, and they’ve got some great business minds helping out with it in former CFO’s of TD Ameritrade and Cabellas.
Sean is a slimy douche.

Reactions: beaglehusker
I reluctantly agree, although I think he should be paying a monthly stipend to Shevin Wiggins. And if drinking and effing around at the Country Club is what makes a good NIL fundraiser, he must be among the best.
Don’t forget lying about the staff knowing about the Mo Washington allegations before they brought him to campus, and them putting their other drinking buddy (Bruning) in charge of his case, and empowering him to ignore requests from law enforcement (until they no longer had any use for the kid).

• Wow
Reactions: Chuck003 and WHCSC
I think that these types of positions sort of need "that guy"

Years ago UT hired Vince Young to basically raise money and people were mad that he was making 6 figures but I think people forget that rich boosters are happy to donate money if it means playing a round of golf with a "legend" who will tell good ole boy stories.

UT fired Vince because he didn't really show up to work but then of course, they hired him back.

But this is the kind of shit these former players get the luxury of doing all because of, in this case, a lucky catch.

Is it totally stupid? Yeah, pretty much...but it must work.

Most places wouldn’t allow a liar, and totally unqualified individual to be near the purse strings for their University… but here? It’s ok because he caught one pass 25 years ago
It is amazing what that 1 play did for him and how the heck did he get the money to open Gate 25???

I was a college freshman in the fall of '92 when I rode with my roommate to Tecumseh to watch a playoff game between Randolph and Tecumseh. I remember thinking, "Hey, this Davison kid is a really good football player." Little did I know he'd end up being the luckiest bastard I would ever lay eyes upon in my life, parlaying one lucky bounce of the football into a lifetime gravy train.
Luck is hard work meeting opportunity. He might be a dooshbag extraordinaire, but how did he luck himself into being a starting receiver on a NC winning team?

Luck is hard work meeting opportunity. He might be a dooshbag extraordinaire, but how did he luck himself into being a starting receiver on a NC winning team?
Hey Mrs. Davison, thanks for posting, I think the poster was just referring to that one catch.

I do like that quote, and mostly agree.

Edit.

douchbags are still douchbags though, so its unfortunate that a lot of well off people are that way.

You're completely right, and I admit my negativity about him is based on watching him toddle around as Frost's wingman. He was part of the greatest stretch of Nebraska football for a reason that had nothing to do with luck. Even if he is a dooshbag, he's OUR dooshbag. But he's from Tecumseh so he's probably alright, LOL.

I think it's great. I feel like it's better than an outside entity skimming off the top. He's probably going to donate a lot to the U and pay NE state taxes. Those other outside companies will pay taxes to whatever state they're in and probably donate to some coastal U made off our team.

I'm glad a Husker is stepping up.

Go Matt!

• Haha
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I think that these types of positions sort of need "that guy"

Years ago UT hired Vince Young to basically raise money and people were mad that he was making 6 figures but I think people forget that rich boosters are happy to donate money if it means playing a round of golf with a "legend" who will tell good ole boy stories.

UT fired Vince because he didn't really show up to work but then of course, they hired him back.

But this is the kind of shit these former players get the luxury of doing all because of, in this case, a lucky catch.

Is it totally stupid? Yeah, pretty much...but it must work.
I am pretty sure Vince Young had a drinking and driving incident when he was let go from Texas. Was not surprised at all when they brought him back. I do not know why people waste energy being mad at Matt Davidson. He is just one of a very long list of athletes making money from his or her connections accrued while playing sports.

I am pretty sure Vince Young had a drinking and driving incident when he was let go from Texas. Was not surprised at all when they brought him back. I do not know why people waste energy being mad at Matt Davidson. He is just one of a very long list of athletes making money from his or her connections accrued while playing sports.
I totally agree...hell they might as well take advantage of it while they can.

Nothing says he won’t still be on the radio. The weasel just won’t go away. Lol. Imagine thinking someone in charge of paying athletes should be anywhere near a radio booth. Program inbreeding continues on.
My guess is he'll stay for now but good chance he's replaced when new broadcast contract starts

He was one of the grand wizards of the cult that has the program in its current state

He shouldn’t be allowed near the program

If he wishes to continue to grift off the university he can sit at folding tables in high school gymnasiums while 40-50+ year old fan boys line up to pay for an autographed picture of the catch

He was one of the grand wizards of the cult that has the program in its current state

He shouldn’t be allowed near the program

If he wishes to continue to grift off the university he can sit at folding tables in high school gymnasiums while 40-50+ year old fan boys line up to pay for an autographed picture of the catch
Notice how quiet Jason Peter got after he was brought in to consult, and the team somehow got even worse? Funny how that happened. The loudest out of the gate about the previous regime, got their wish. They managed to not even approach the “lazy and horrible results” of those they succeeded. Davison literally crying on the radio in State college (after him and Moos spent the previous night getting hammered in Philly during their “secret meeting” with Frost) was hilarious. Hey Matty “the weasel” Davison…. Why did you never cry into the microphone that “it didn’t have to be like this” when you and your boy were continuously proving yourselves the worst people ever in charge of the Nebraska football program?

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice how quiet Jason Peter got after he was brought in to consult, and the team somehow got even worse? Funny how that happened. The loudest out of the gate about the previous regime, got their wish. They managed to not even approach the “lazy and horrible results) of those they succeeded. Davison literally crying on the radio in State college (after him and Moos spent the previous night getting hammered in Philly during their “secret meeting” with Frost) was hilarious. Hey Matty “the weasel” Davison…. Why did you never cry into the microphone that “it didn’t have to be like this” when you and your boy were continuously proving yourselves the worst people ever in charge of the Nebraska football program?
Oh man, I forgot about Jason Peter being brought in to help!

I have no inside info on Davison, do not know the man personally, and have no idea if chat board gossip about him is true since I have no way to verify it. However, in my mind Davison is linked to Frost. Therefore, he should go. We need to purge from the system all of the original Frost groupies who are still on staff.

Exactly, he was a legitimately good receiver which put him in that position to be playing at the end of a tight game to be able to make that catch in the first place. I also think he does a decent job at the radio thing, which allowed him to have close access to the program over a number of years. Sure he's not the greatest, but I don't think he's bad either.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Exactly, he was a legitimately good receiver which put him in that position to be playing at the end of a tight game to be able to make that catch in the first place. I also think he does a decent job at the radio thing, which allowed him to have close access to the program over a number of years. Sure he's not the greatest, but I don't think he's bad either.
He is awful on the radio

Reactions: dinglefritz
I have no inside info on Davison, do not know the man personally, and have no idea if chat board gossip about him is true since I have no way to verify it. However, in my mind Davison is linked to Frost. Therefore, he should go. We need to purge from the system all of the original Frost groupies who are still on staff.
I mean he left the Uni. If a private rich guy wants him to run an NIL corporation that’s sort of up to the rich guy.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
thats good he's doing this...I feel alot more nil money needs to be rolling in for the both lines...

ADVERTISEMENT