ADVERTISEMENT

David Engelhaupt of Norfolk Catholic thoughts?

northeastNebraska

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
Personally I think this kid deserves a late offer. I watched his highlights multiple times and two of his games this year. Kid can flat out run and can hit some people.

I think you could build him into a LB or DE. Any thoughts on his play and would you like to see him at Nebraska?

The staff is interested, but haven't offered yet (which I understand, just hope they do before signing day.)

Here is his rivals profile. I like his film as much as I like Ben Stille's from Ashland.

http://sports.yahoo.com/smu/football/recruiting/player-David-Engelhaupt-167009

The young lad is a stud. They are missing a home grown talent for sure, kid can play no doubt about it!

I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that someone hinted the staff may want him as a FB. Don't quote me on that.

I had their state championship game vs. Scotus this year. There are certain players that you can tell are Division 1 players, either FCS or FBS. You can see they're on another level with speed, cuts, instincts, and overall play. The hard part seeing them in one game is separating FBS and FCS caliber players. Often times you have lopsided games either for or against them. For example, we had Noah Fant (70-7 loss), Ben Stille (48-13 win) it's hard to judge those vs Engelhaupt who we saw in a close championship game. Engelhaupt looked like he had that will to win and on both offense and defense he was that playmaker who make plays when needed.

Here's a highlight from that state championship game:
25 seconds - Nice wheel route (I'm sideline linesman you see running in to spot on this play)
40 seconds - Great display of hands
2:36 - nice powerful run for TD. Running through a defender
4:20 - great run, stiff arm, balance
5:03 - his long TD pass reception that put them back in the game late
6:35 - strong TD run at goal line.
6:50 - his fumble on Catholic's last drive down 5.

In my opinion the NC kid is better and has more upside then any player regardless of class of anybody in the state. Would be a starter at olb in year two.

If the numbers are true 6-4 235 and a 4.55 40 this kid could be the next great DE here.

Excluding position needs- he is a better football prospect IMO then at least 6 of our current commits. Eventually people are going to notice that Craig Bohl is recruiting the state maybe a little better than NU's staff is (both current and former staff). And I have a ton of faith in the rivals star rankings and I don't even care this kid is a 5.5 star. IMO he should be ranked #2 in the state behind Fant. This kid has the intangibles that Bubak just doesn't have. IMO Bubak will be the kind of kid who is out of football in 2 years just cause he will value social living over preparation of football or he will be dead weight on scholarship at ASU. Actually glad he decomited from us.

This staff needs to make room for David. It's not like they can't afford to offer this kid. Many of their plan A, B, &C guys are gone.

We the fans see what the current staff does not, amazing how we can pick the talent and we arnt wgetting paid the millions of dollars to see this. If they pass on him I think it will come to bite them right in the ass jmo

Reactions: tithay01
There really is no reason not to offer this kid. He's tough. He's BIG. He's fast. He has a dominating presence whatever he plays.
I could see maybe if he wasn't big enough, or fast enough.....but that's the thing. He's huge and can book it. This isn't a "little engine that could" walk-on story. This dude is legit. Just like many of the former Nebraska players currently starting for other successful programs.

Pretty athletic with good size. Just not sure he's the fit the coaches want. I find it ironic bringing up Bubak as a kid who'll be out of football in 2 years in this thread.

You could easily make the case that Engelhaupt is more dynamic on film than Stille

Reactions: WHCSC
You could easily make the case that Engelhaupt is more dynamic on film than Stille

Agreed. After watching them both this last fall Engelhaupt had a play making ability when his team needed it. Stille just over matched his opponent, but appeared like there was an occasional lack of effort and softness to him.

We have our inside man right here! What's it like being in the war room with the coaches? And why don't they listen to you more? :)
Timnsun if they were ever going to listen to me, this maybe the one time they should. Ha. Ever known me to get this excited about a 3 star 5.5 recruit? Craig Bohl has him a nice football player in David and I want him in Lincoln. DE that is, not Bohl.

Agreed. After watching them both this last fall Engelhaupt had a play making ability when his team needed it. Stille just over matched his opponent, but appeared like there was an occasional lack of effort and softness to him.

This is what makes me super worried about Stille, he isn't going to over match anyone in college without 100% effort. We need tuff SOBs.

Loo
Personally I think this kid deserves a late offer. I watched his highlights multiple times and two of his games this year. Kid can flat out run and can hit some people.

I think you could build him into a LB or DE. Any thoughts on his play and would you like to see him at Nebraska?

The staff is interested, but haven't offered yet (which I understand, just hope they do before signing day.)

Here is his rivals profile. I like his film as much as I like Ben Stille's from Ashland.

http://sports.yahoo.com/smu/football/recruiting/player-David-Engelhaupt-167009
Looks like a talented football player. Besides Wyoming what other D-1 programs are recruiting him? For all we know the coaches might offer him if they don't get their top targets. looks like he has the motor and athletic ability to play at Nebraska. I trust the current staff and their talent evaluation skills much more than I did the previous coaches. GBR

Reactions: northeastNebraska
is this staff is connecting well with in state coaches?

seems to be some low hanging fruit in regards to giving them some time of day.

Otte, Bazatta, lets not make another mistake! This young man is the real deal. Unfortunately, without showing much love up until now I think Wyoming probably has this one wrapped up!

Appears to have all the stats you look for in a recruit - except he is from Nebraska. If he was in a different state we would be all over him. He needs to go on scholarship.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT