ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Aranda is 3-3, just lost to a…

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
2-3 team, and gave up 43 points. He also would probably be extremely expensive with his long term contract at Baylor.

I actually still think Dave Aranda is a great coach (particularly as a defensive coordinator). His stock is falling though, and he still is a relative unknown as a head coach (not a very long track record). Scott Frost used to be a good coordinator and had one really awesome season as a head coach too.

glad I heard we are in contact with aranda, this would be a good time for him to jump ship and work with mickey

with him as HC/DC and mickey as AHC/OC..bush as special teams coach...

things could work..2 good lsu coaches who can communicate well

And is 3-3 just like Dave Aranda.
Matt Campbell…also 3-3.

Some of the names that have been rumored as targets for our job are underwhelming right now.

I am more and more curious about what Joseph can do with a 2 year contract. Meanwhile, no one else has really captured my imagination. I still wish Meyer would consider it.

I found the following tweet from Aaron Torres of Fox Sports interesting:

“For the Nebraska fans who think their program is too good for Matt Rhule: He recruited most of the key players on last year's Baylor/Big 12 title team. It's the same team that lost again tonight and has completely fallen apart the second Rhule's players left Waco.”

Sounds a little Solich-ish.

I found the following tweet from Aaron Torres of Fox Sports interesting:

“For the Nebraska fans who think their program is too good for Matt Rhule: He recruited most of the key players on last year's Baylor/Big 12 title team. It's the same team that lost again tonight and has completely fallen apart the second Rhule's players left Waco.”

Sounds a little Solich-ish.
I like rhule, but I hear alot of folks say he just likes pina colotas, and getting caught in the rain...with 64 million in the bank....

but who knows, then I hear the other half say him and NU are a perfect match...

I like rhule, but I hear alot of folks say he just likes pina colotas, and getting caught in the rain...with 64 million in the bank....

but who knows, then I hear the other half say him and NU are a perfect match...
I saw one of those rumor mill articles today in which it was heard Rhule isn’t interested in our job anyway. Apparently there are a very select few he would consider.

I honestly am sick of all this sh*t and just want Joseph to do well enough to earn the job.

Huskers were favored in both games.
I am more interested in this game vs super mighty amazing Purdue.
Agreed. This game should tell us a bit more about the team's mentality and ability to prepare for not a great opponent, but a quality opponent.

If they roll over like they did in the Okie game, then I'll be back to clamoring unrealistically for Urban Meyer...😂

every stone must be turned to find the right leadership.
no longer are the days of it will be ok.
and what better place to vet a possible coach then a public message board
where I feel any possible bias will be exposed
sure there will be disagreement and trolling
but in the end, all possible canidates for the position will be weeded thru

IMO, Mickey needs to get us to a bowl game to be considered as next HC. I just can’t see the justification for hiring someone with no HC experience that had a losing record as an interim.
This is where I stand as well, I’m behind him 110% if he can get Nebraska to a bowl game by beating any of the likes of Purdue, Minnesota, Wisky and Ioway, there isn’t any reason why not to consider him …

Lol at the idiots telling Mickey he needs to win with the broken Frost players. 🤡
It used to be a bowl was a bare minimum expectation here, and now after Frost losing 5 years straight the expectations have seemingly fallen to just not embarrassing us too bad and losing with honor. Frost shouldn’t be a measuring stick for anyone ever; he should just be a cautionary tale about ego, bluster, laziness, not learning from mistakes, and being rewarded for nothing.

Lol at the idiots telling Mickey he needs to win with the broken Frost players. 🤡
Lol at the idiots that want to hire someone with no head coaching or even coordinator experience because of long ago nostalgia. Nebraska has f’ed up for 20 years with coaching decisions. Have to get it right this time. Need a proven successful head coach who has won and built and developed programs before. Now I will grant you if Joseph is able to salvage this train wreck and get this team to a bowl game then he deserves strong consideration. Absent that it’s like our last election Nebraska cannot afford to make an emotional decision here.

It used to be a bowl was a bare minimum expectation here, and now after Frost losing 5 years straight the expectations have seemingly fallen to just not embarrassing us too bad and losing with honor. Frost shouldn’t be a measuring stick for anyone ever; he should just be a cautionary tale about ego, bluster, laziness, not learning from mistakes, and being rewarded for nothing.
Amen

Some fans are so hurt/scared from Frost that they will basically take anyone that doesn't "sound" like Frost right now.

We have the talent to win.

IMHO people are sick of losing and being told it will lead to winning. If Mickey can surprise some teams and continue to impress, I would love to have him get a contract. He needs to win though.
If it wasn't for this atrocious offensive line I strongly believe MJ would get us to a bowl game. He can only do so much with the garbage he inherited (o line coach/s and c coach)

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think Frost’s players have the raw talent and just need to be coached. Look at what Adrian Martinez did with a good coach.
I mean outside of turnovers, he statistically had a better first 6 games for Nebraska last year.. He just has some other pieces he didn't have here...

I think the most prudent play would be to hire a guy with head coaching experience, has coached at multiple schools, and has turned programs into winners. AND, may want to nix guys that should have better records this season like Campbell and Aranda.
At least at this point that leaves maybe Leipold, Klieman.
Guys who have just signed extensions or are in their first year at a new place are probably out, so that likely eliminates Doeren, DeBoer, Kiffin, etc.

The next game we play is, call your shot…

I will take a stab, Leipold will be the next Husker head coach.

edit: saw that Clawson signed a new extension last fall….

Reactions: CoastGuard2018
If it wasn't for this atrocious offensive line I strongly believe MJ would get us to a bowl game. He can only do so much with the garbage he inherited (o line coach/s and c coach)
The problem is we have been saying, “__________ can only do much with the players he inherited,” for 20 years.

I firmly believe we have enough talent to make a bowl.

After Scott Fraud’s 5 years of bs, we have kind of reached the “shut up and prove it” stage of this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT