ADVERTISEMENT

Darkhorse names

I go back and forth with that. If I could hear his choices for at least OC and DC I would have a much better opinion on him.
OC, Whip has to go, have no names to replace him. MJ will work with the Joseph family ties and bring someone in. Similar to how Solich got Pelini.
DC, former HC Ed Orgeron. Not looking for HCing, was mentioned during the Riley period, has respect for Nebraska, elite recruiter. Other than Busch, replace all position coaches on defense.

Doeren would be laughable. The ACC is terrible and they always lose dumb games. Their fans are tired of him as well. Last night at my daughters soccer game had multiple comments about they hope Doeren leaves for Nebraska because they want him out.

This aged well. Doeren just lost at home to Boston College.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Heard some interesting things regarding some coaches trev has talked to or wants to talk to over the past month that have displayed some interest. I was very surprised by the first two, but apparently they are considering leaving for the right job. Take it or leave it, just sharing.

Pat Fitzgerald. He loves Nebraska’s history and facilities.
David Shaw. Feels Stanford is holding him back. Apparently Jim got away with some things there he cant.
Chris Peterson. Wants back in.
Ryan Walters.
Jeff Monken.

Chris Klieman is out. Not interested in moving or in coaching very long.
Not much smoke around Lane. But hes also in season.
LL wants a new job but loves wisconsin.

BoB wants it.
Rhule is being considered.

Right now it sounds like its most likely matt campbell or mickey. Trev really likes mickey. Mickey really has done a good job evaluating everything wrong with the program.

Oh and just to piss everyone off, trev has asked barry alvarez his thoughts.
What about Tommy Frazier

Heard some interesting things regarding some coaches trev has talked to or wants to talk to over the past month that have displayed some interest. I was very surprised by the first two, but apparently they are considering leaving for the right job. Take it or leave it, just sharing.

Pat Fitzgerald. He loves Nebraska’s history and facilities.
David Shaw. Feels Stanford is holding him back. Apparently Jim got away with some things there he cant.
Chris Peterson. Wants back in.
Ryan Walters.
Jeff Monken.

Chris Klieman is out. Not interested in moving or in coaching very long.
Not much smoke around Lane. But hes also in season.
LL wants a new job but loves wisconsin.

BoB wants it.
Rhule is being considered.

Right now it sounds like its most likely matt campbell or mickey. Trev really likes mickey. Mickey really has done a good job evaluating everything wrong with the program.

Oh and just to piss everyone off, trev has asked barry alvarez his thoughts.

Here is a name I have not seen. Vance Josephs. NFL head coach experience, nfl defensive coordinator experience, and almost certainly Mickey would stay in some role for the recruiting.

Here is a name I have not seen. Vance Josephs. NFL head coach experience, nfl defensive coordinator experience, and almost certainly Mickey would stay in some role for the recruiting.
Vance has had some issues with female staff at a previous stop that probably makes him off limits.

ADVERTISEMENT