ADVERTISEMENT

Darien Chase in the portal

Like this kid makes or breaks us next year...LOL

Life weights lift weights lift weights

GBR

Instead of getting shit-faced and spewing nonsense, how about you read what he said about his family and his mental health.

Weak ass take. Kid couldn't break the starting lineup.

Next man up. Wake up Nebraska

#SoSorryforBeinganA8888--

Cuz there's a hunger

Can you take me higher???

While it may be hard to imagine for some, there is more to the lives of these kids than playing time, coaches, lifting weights, and "manning up". I have a high school son dealing with depression. Its a scary thing, and he's right under my roof, not thousands of miles from home. Darien needs to take care of himself, and I think most of us can understand and respect his decision.

Best of luck to Darien, but losing another high rated player just adds to the unsustainable pattern we’ve been plagued with for many years. Time to get these decent recruiting classes to both stick around and produce.

Reactions: baseball31ne
He's leaving for mental health reasons but what guarantee is there that his transfer will resolve those issues for him? Seems like he'll have to deal with the problems where ever he goes plus getting acclimated to a new team environment at the same time.

I get the sense he's looking for a change of scenery to resolve his issues but I think he'll have to look within instead of hoping some outside change will help him.

Good luck to him.

Other than for Wandale, we've had absolutely the worst luck with our WR recruiting in the Frost era. And maybe that's why Walters got the boot.

He's leaving for mental health reasons but what guarantee is there that his transfer will resolve those issues for him? Seems like he'll have to deal with the problems where ever he goes plus getting acclimated to a new team environment at the same time.

I get the sense he's looking for a change of scenery to resolve his issues but I think he'll have to look within instead of hoping some outside change will help him.

Good luck to him.

Other than for Wandale, we've had absolutely the worst luck with our WR recruiting in the Frost era. And maybe that's why Walters got the boot.
You don't live in his head, so don't pretend that you might know his reasoning or speculate on what he's thinking.

Good luck to him.

You don't see how being closer to family and loved ones and possibly the mental health experts he's utilized the last several years could help him?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
How did LSU’s grad transfer QB help them? Ohio State’s? Oklahoma’s?

Just because one doesn’t pan out doesn’t mean none ever will.
only one of those was a grad transfer, but I suppose the point stands

Tf is wrong with you?

SoFL Husker is OK. He just likes to get his drink on sometimes. We don't know what's going on with anyone's life on this board, so we should probably take it easy on our own too. Hope all is well SoFL Husker..

I just didn't like hearing someone going after a kid because he is leaving to get closer to family, because of a loss in the family, or to take better care of himself. Now...if he transfers to a place not close to home, well, most of us wouldn't be too pleased with that.

Hats off to him for staying as long as he has, hopefully a school closer to home takes a chance on him, so he can continue is school work, maybe he won’t continue with football. Just hope and pray he gets the help he needs so he can return to normal

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT